[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Combine

godtomsatan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see a 40 time moving a lineman down that much, if at all. That's like dropping a receiver down the board because he didn't have a lot of reps on the bench press.

But, you could see how it might drop him from the Top 5 picks in the draft like Budlitebrad had him, right? That's why I brought it up in the first place.

Edited by Sturphy

I just don't see a 40 time moving a lineman down that much, if at all. That's like dropping a receiver down the board because he didn't have a lot of reps on the bench press.

Sorry that's not a great analogy. WRs' strength has become a big selling point / stat. Not saying you'd move down a WR with poor strength a significant amount, but it would come into play if you are comparing one versus another.

... and dude, check your PMs! :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Sorry that's not a great analogy. WRs' strength has become a big selling point / stat. Not saying you'd move down a WR with poor strength a significant amount, but it would come into play if you are comparing one versus another.

And ultimately, any really poor score relative to the other players, on any of these events, would pull a guy down. Especially if they're considered 1st round material.

... and dude, check your PMs! :wacko:

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear in my analogy. Otah is 6'6 340 and I don't think he's viewed as a speed lineman, but a mauler. That being said, I don't think his speed comes into play. I was thinking of DeSean Jackson who's niche is as a speed guy, and his bench wouldn't make much of a difference at all.

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear in my analogy. Otah is 6'6 340 and I don't think he's viewed as a speed lineman, but a mauler. That being said, I don't think his speed comes into play. I was thinking of DeSean Jackson who's niche is as a speed guy, and his bench wouldn't make much of a difference at all.

Alright that makes sense, then.

Even with his 40 time and lack of experience, teams love his size and his upside.

I'm not saying that Otah is top 5 or 10 talent, but KC is in a tough spot if they are looking for OT, similar to Arizona last year. The Cards weren't sure who would be there if they had traded down, so they went with Brown earlier than he was probably worth.

Edited by budlitebrad

Even with his 40 time and lack of experience, teams love his size and his upside.

I'm not saying that Otah is top 5 or 10 talent, but KC is in a tough spot if they are looking for OT, similar to Arizona last year. The Cards weren't sure who would be there if they had traded down, so they went with Brown earlier than he was probably worth.

Fair enough. I could see them reaching for an OT.

Watched the combine a bit between college basketball games yesterday.

McFadden weighed in at 210 lbs, and turned a 4.33s 40. The more I see of him, the more I think that the trade between MIA & DAL will actually go through, where DAL gives Barber, its 2 1st rounders this year, and another high pick next year for MIA's 1.01 this year. The worst kept secret in the draft this year is probably Jerry Jones' man-crush for McFadden. He's living up to the billing right now.

cowboys.com

While Jones did say he looking to "put some 'wow' in this offense" this year, he also downplayed the possibility of packaging draft picks to move up to the top of the draft.

"I don't want to get into a real strategy as far as going forward here in the next few weeks, but I don't see any guy today where we'd make some big trade for the first pick up there," Jones said. "There's absolutely not been one breath of discussion with anybody about going up there to get the one or two or three pick." Jones also was quoted last month stating he had no plans to trade Barber, who isn't the only restricted free agent likely to cash in this season. Canty is expected to get one of the high tenders, possibly the first-round tender at $2.017 million.

take it for what it's worth. :wacko:

cowboys.com

While Jones did say he looking to "put some 'wow' in this offense" this year, he also downplayed the possibility of packaging draft picks to move up to the top of the draft.

"I don't want to get into a real strategy as far as going forward here in the next few weeks, but I don't see any guy today where we'd make some big trade for the first pick up there," Jones said. "There's absolutely not been one breath of discussion with anybody about going up there to get the one or two or three pick." Jones also was quoted last month stating he had no plans to trade Barber, who isn't the only restricted free agent likely to cash in this season. Canty is expected to get one of the high tenders, possibly the first-round tender at $2.017 million.

take it for what it's worth. :wacko:

So what if he's there at 4?

McFadden would be an absolute steal for Barber and two late firsts. The people putting other running backs in front of him are either not all there or are just that stupid. Unbelievable. Have you not been watching the same guy the last three years??

McFadden would be an absolute steal for Barber and two late firsts.

No freakin' way. Even if Dallas was a Mcfadden-type running back away from being a favorite to win the Super Bowl ( which they're not, not even close).

Barber's proven what he can do in the NFL. The guy runs like he wants to kill someone everytime he touches the ball. Dallas has a chance to get a good running back with the picks they have now.

Was'nt very long ago that alot of people thought that Reggie Bush would be an unstoppable running back in the NFL. Alot of people (including me at the time) thought Houston was insane for passing on him. How'd that work out?

Barber and 2 firsts.... :wacko:

McFadden would be an absolute steal for Barber and two late firsts. The people putting other running backs in front of him are either not all there or are just that stupid. Unbelievable. Have you not been watching the same guy the last three years??

:D Yeah, you of all people are calling Mike Mayock stupid... :wacko: