[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Combine

godtomsatan

I pray Jake Long is still there at 5 and the Chiefs pick him. If he is gone, I see them trading down.

If we stand pat:

First choice: Big, mean guy for the OL who must have a high motor

Second choice: Big, mean guy for the DL who must have a high motor

Third choice: trade down for at least three 'day one' pics across this year and next, at least two of which need to be in this years' draft

If we trade down:

First pick = big guy for the OL or DL

Second pick = big guy for the OL or DL, or possibly QB or CB

Third pick = big guy for the OL or DL if a QB or CB was taken with the 2nd pick ... a QB or CB (if not already taken) ... a speed WR

Fourth pick = a 2nd OL ... QB (if not already taken) ... speed WR ... a CB ... a LB

Fifth pick = another OL ... another DL ... a CB ... a LB

Regardless, after five picks, KC needs to have taken:

QB, CB, two linemen and either a third lineman, a second CB, speed WR or LB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw an interview w/ Herm Edwards on the NFL Network link ... said that the OL class is the best in the last ten years or so ...

If true, thank God. And,if true, we may end up getting as many as three new offensive linemen in this draft.

Just saw an interview w/ Herm Edwards on the NFL Network link ... said that the OL class is the best in the last ten years or so ...

If true, thank God. And,if true, we may end up getting as many as three new offensive linemen in this draft.

With the extra picks we have, definitely. If they are smart. We will be able to tell real quick if Carl has given up some personnel decisions per referendum from Clark Hunt.

First 2 picks will tell us if Carl is in charge or Herm regarding team makeup.

RBs are about to run.

J. Stewart had a 36.5" vertical. :D

Charles - 4.36 even with a bad start.

Choice - 4.52

Hart - 4.67

Hester - 4.60

Chris Johnson - 4.29

Felix Jones - 4.44

McFadden - 4.27 :moon::wacko::D

Mendenhall - 4.37

Rice - 4.44

Slaton - 4.44

Smith - 4.43

Stewart - 4.44

Edited by budlitebrad

I pray Jake Long is still there at 5 and the Chiefs pick him. If he is gone, I see them trading down.

I don't see him making it past 2. The Rams need O Line help to protect their investment in Bulger, and open some holes for Jackson. Pairing him with a potentially healthy Pace would be massive. A lot of experts thought they would go Dorsey at 2, but with injury concerns, and them sinking their first rounder last year on a DT I just don't see it happening.

DeSean Jackson was a very deadly punt returner for the Bears to the degree that no one would punt to him. What I thought was amusing is that CAL had said that Jackson officially was 5'11" but at the combine he somehow shrank two inches when he only actually measured 5.9".

DeSean Jackson was a very deadly punt returner for the Bears to the degree that no one would punt to him. What I thought was amusing is that CAL had said that Jackson officially was 5'11" but at the combine he somehow shrank two inches when he only actually measured 5.9".

I think his official height at the combine was 5'9 3/4".

:wacko:

I agree, but could have simply been a tactic to keep people watching him early in his career.

Jackson is even listed at 6' in some places. It is not unusual at all for college OR NFL teams to fudge player characteristics to make them look taller, bigger, etc. I believe Jackson only weighed 168 pounds at the combine too. Most places have him listed at ten pounds heavier. Production is production regardless of size, but one of the nice aspects of the combine is that is does give some concrete "non-fudged" metrics for players.

CAL has him officially as 5-11 and 172. The weight is really close.

ESPN has him at 6-0 and 166

All I know for sure is that he looked VERY Hester-esque in college as a punt returner.

Dorsey may be slipping due to his injury history.

NFLDraftScout.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- An NFL team doctor told NFLDraftScout.com that there are serious concerns over the lingering effects of a 2006 stress fracture in the right tibia of Louisiana State's highly-rated defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

Dorsey, generally considered a top five prospect in the NFL Draft, underwent a physical Saturday at the Scouting Combine, and was subsequently sent to the hospital for additional tests. However, there are still issues with the tibia that has raised red flags among NFL teams. The team doctor told NFLDraftScout.com the stress fracture is in an area of the tibia that is difficult to heal.

Dorsey played most of the 2006 season at LSU with the injury, and took painkillers before every game. He wore a bone stimulator for up to 18 hours per day until he was cleared to practice in the spring of 2007.

Before that, Dorsey considered entering the 2007 NFL Draft, but told ESPN college football reporter Joe Schad, "I have a few injuries that I believe would have hindered me in the draft. I have a leg injury that I really want to get healed up, so I'm coming back so we have a chance to win the SEC and maybe even a national championship."