[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Not to Make Friends

SheikYerbuti

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I were that guy, I'd count my blessings I got out when I did.

Then for the response to be that the entry fee was sent back seems like a compete and total misinterpretation followed by an over-reaction. Lame.

And to me, that's the problem - you and apparently Sheik would have instantly taken that comment to be a personal affront. I much prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt - especially when I don't know them.

I could care less what you do, but I do think you're wrong to assume he was being rude. To me it was clearly a joke.

your thinking that this guy was wronged for being denied entrance to a league where he at best made an inappropriate joke and at worst suspects someone he doesn't know at all of emebezzlement is assinine.

in the leagues i am in there is underlying trust that everyone involved is honorable and has honorable intentions. a lot of that is based on at least a vague knowledge of the other owners. this new guy, regardless of whether he was joking or not, was rude..... i personally do not tolerate people who question my character...... but then again, there is a different code of ethics for those who hope for players to be injured.... one i am not familiar with. so in that regard.. i may be wrong

your thinking that this guy was wronged for being denied entrance to a league where he at best made an inappropriate joke and at worst suspects someone he doesn't know at all of emebezzlement is assinine.

in the leagues i am in there is underlying trust that everyone involved is honorable and has honorable intentions. a lot of that is based on at least a vague knowledge of the other owners. this new guy, regardless of whether he was joking or not, was rude..... i personally do not tolerate people who question my character...... but then again, there is a different code of ethics for those who hope for players to be injured.... one i am not familiar with. so in that regard.. i may be wrong

Now you're being a f'ing a-hole. Truth.

Edited by Cunning Runt

reality is... i'm rarely an a-hole.... pretty forgiving too. but i know rude when i see it.

And I was being rude how exactly? To the point that you have the nerve to insinuate that I have no integrity/scruples 'cause I consider FF a game and hope players get hurt if it helps my squad? Pretty big leap if you ask me. And I really didn't appreciate it.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I don't think we've heard enough about the guy to make comparisons to anyone.

Just seems to me that the guy was joking (particularly given that he's taking the bar - which to me screams "I'm joking!!!". )

Then for the response to be that the entry fee was sent back seems like a compete and total misinterpretation followed by an over-reaction. Lame.

I agree to a point. I would have sent out a feeler email to see if he was joking or not first, but that's me. I don't see it as wrong for him to send the check back either. It could go either way. Certain jokes should be held off until you know them or have them on the phone so they can detect sarcasm.

Not at all. Have you even bothered to read the thread? I'm an anonymous Huddler with an opinion just like you.

:wacko:

Yeah, I have bothered. I'm surprised you aren't the author of this thread.

ETA: That was a joke too.

Edited by Sturphy

And I was being rude how exactly? To the point that you have the nerve to insinuate that I have no integrity/scruples 'cause I consider FF a game and hope dude get hurt if it helps my squad? Pretty big leap if you ask me. And I really didn't appreciate it.

i believe that the new guy was rude by presenting the notion that shiek might pocket the money (joke or not). i believe you were rude by calling me a f'n a-hole......

i stated there is a different code of ethics for those who root for inuries to benefit their ff teams.... you also seem to think that a joke about one's character is ok (even if you do not know the person).... it's not so much that you disagree with me (i've been on here a while and have had many diasgreements over that span), but that you have a particular view of acceptable conduct which warrented comment about your scruples...and which bridges that "leap."

i believe that the new guy was rude by presenting the notion that shiek might pocket the money (joke or not). i believe you were rude by calling me a f'n a-hole......

i stated there is a different code of ethics for those who root for inuries to benefit their ff teams.... you also seem to think that a joke about one's character is ok (even if you do not know the person).... it's not so much that you disagree with me (i've been on here a while and have had many diasgreements over that span), but that you have a particular view of acceptable conduct which warrented comment about your scruples...and which bridges that "leap."

And to think I was ready to retract and apogize for my comment. I think not.

I find it pretty rude of you to broad stroke a judgement of me based on one belief I have as it relates to a game. I can assure you that anyone who knows me or has had dealings with me would not agree with your assessment.