[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Not to Make Friends

SheikYerbuti

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've heard enough about the guy to make comparisons to anyone.

Just seems to me that the guy was joking (particularly given that he's taking the bar - which to me screams "I'm joking!!!". )

Then for the response to be that the entry fee was sent back seems like a compete and total misinterpretation followed by an over-reaction. Lame.

yeah, its not like he was wishing injury upon someone be it a player or the commish :wacko:

edit: damn i was to quick with the trigger finger(should have read the entire thread)

Edited by keggerz

my in-laws are in town. my mother-in-law loves that hollywood star schit. If you can believe it, I sat with her while she watched the pre-oscar red carpet show last night. I told my wife afterward that it was all I could do not to rip out my own eyes and jam knitting needles into my ears.

However, I grilled them steaks on the Egg. I am now fairly certain that my m-in-law wants me. The Egg is very powerful.

careful Cunning runt may accuse u of having thin skin , call you a nasty , nasty name and then state he never fired the first salvo and was mis understood in the thread :wacko:

I stand by my position on the "thin-skin".

I did and do think it was out of line to call my character into question regarding my stance on the original post because of how I view fantasy football and specifically injuries. He knows what he said and why I reacted the way I did. I'm pretty sure I never said I was misunderstood, or that I misunderstood so I'm not sure why you chose to involve yourself, but whatever. And I most definitely did not fire the first shot, but when someone takes one at me, then I respond - in this case with the f'ng a-hole comment - for which I apologized.

Anything else?

my in-laws are in town. my mother-in-law loves that hollywood star schit. If you can believe it, I sat with her while she watched the pre-oscar red carpet show last night. I told my wife afterward that it was all I could do not to rip out my own eyes and jam knitting needles into my ears.

However, I grilled them steaks on the Egg. I am now fairly certain that my m-in-law wants me. The Egg is very powerful.

Now that's some funny chit.

Thanks for the levity.

I stand by my position on the "thin-skin".

I did and do think it was out of line to call my character into question regarding my stance on the original post because of how I view fantasy football and specifically injuries. He knows what he said and why I reacted the way I did. I'm pretty sure I never said I was misunderstood, or that I misunderstood so I'm not sure why you chose to involve yourself, but whatever. And I most definitely did not fire the first shot, but when someone takes one at me, then I respond - in this case with the f'ng a-hole comment - for which I apologized.

Anything else?

I don't think it's about having thin vs. thick skin. A joke is supposed to be funny, no?

And maybe it's just me, I don't think Bier was questioning YOUR character. He was questioning the character of the do0shbag for which this thread is all about. Maybe I need to brush up on my reading comprehension. :wacko:

I don't think it's about having thin vs. thick skin. A joke is supposed to be funny, no?

And maybe it's just me, I don't think Bier was questioning YOUR character. He was questioning the character of the do0shbag for which this thread is all about. Maybe I need to brush up on my reading comprehension. :wacko:

Maybe I do, but I'm pretty sure that this (excerpted from post #27 of this thread) was a pretty clear shot across my bow. This is what got me riled:

"i personally do not tolerate people who question my character...... but then again, there is a different code of ethics for those who hope for players to be injured.... one i am not familiar with. so in that regard.. i may be wrong"[/i]

Maybe I do, but I'm pretty sure that this (excerpted from post #27 of this thread) was a pretty clear shot across my bow. This is what got me riled:

"i personally do not tolerate people who question my character...... but then again, there is a different code of ethics for those who hope for players to be injured.... one i am not familiar with. so in that regard.. i may be wrong"[/i]

Ah, I see. I kind of ignored that whole string in the fabric.

but based on your own words, what bier said/implied there is 100% accurate.

But if I had Chester Taylor on my bench and not Adrian Peterson on my roster, I still gotta hope Adrian goes down. Just the way it is.

your own words hang you here. don't you think you look kind of foolish bristling and throwing out the f-bombs and all for an observation about your character you then turn around to prove was completely accurate? in one breath it's an assault on your character, in the next breath it's "just the way it is". weak.

but based on your own words, what bier said/implied there is 100% accurate.

your own words hang you here. don't you think you look kind of foolish bristling and throwing out the f-bombs and all for an observation about your character you then turn around to prove was completely accurate? in one breath it's an assault on your character, in the next breath it's "just the way it is". weak.

If you say so. :wacko:

The two things are totally and completely unrelated. I enjoy 99% of things you write, but you got this one wrong.

well..... was going to let it die.

i guess it depends on what we consider a first shot. CR quoted me in his first post and stated that "if he were that guy, he'd count his blessing that he we is out when he is." he then proclaims that it is an "overreaction and lame." then says i am wrong for thinking the other guy was rude.

all of these are value judgements about sheik and i. i believe that if we are going to talk value judgements then we should look further into the person doing the judging. yes... i did challenge what you believe to be acceptable behavior (at best- joking about someone's integrity whom one doesn't know; and rooting for injuries to players that benefit one's ff team). they do relate in that they give us pieces of your worldview regarding how one should conduct themself. i see these as a glimpse of your character...... and are you really in a position to judge right and wrong?? my entire point was that integrity is worth defending and protecting... and that new guy had no regard for shiek's and deserved the boot for his remarks.

feel free to respond, but i am not going to drag it out any further...as i don't see either of us adding anything new to this.

:wacko:

Wow, I go out to play some cards for a couple of hours and come back to this. . .

Anyway, the guy did write back an e-mail and all it said was "I guess that answers my question." Now, this is a ghey response on so many levels, and certainly (I think) confirms what I suspected about his 'tude. But knowing that I'm sending his check back to him unopened leads him to say "I guess that answers my question"? So, let me get this straight. . .sending your check back confirms that I'm a cheat? Wow, I must really suck at this whole embezzling thing!!!

I am sorry that there have been so many darts thrown in this thread, and I understand all sides. Thanks to you guys who think I did the right thing. I'm comfortable with the decision I made. . .

PS - anybody want to join a baseball league? :wacko:

When I read the title I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought me up, who was going to mention me and how many times my name would be thrown into the ring. So far, I've pulled a hat trick. :wacko:
I don't blame you for having these thoughts and it is unfortunate that your expectations were confirmed.

(My advice would be for you to not comment on any further "Irish" references; and for God's sake, if you ever come across a thread where you think there is the potential for somebody to make an "Irish" reference but yet upon reading the thread you find out that no one has made a reference, definitely do not make some sort of comment like "whew, I thought somebody might make a comment about me in here and I am glad to see that no one has'. It is my guess that the "Irish" references will eventually die down and possibly even go away (except as a historical reference).)

Edited by wiegie

Without having read the other replies it seems to me as if you might have over reacted.

So which one of you graduated from the school of How to Win Friends? It was not clear to me who the alumni of that prestigous organization was ... although I will say that it is far far harder for lawyers to get a degree from that esteemed establishment.

So, I'm pretty sure dude wasn't questioning Sheik's character. Rather, he's just one of those bull in a china shop types that doesn't have enough sense to test the waters before he starts with the smack. Worse, he's very unfunny because poor timing or not, the joke was lame. If you have to quote the definition of embezzlement in your joke, it's likely not a good one.

On those grounds, I can see the "thanks no thanks" response on the part of Sheik. There are few things more annoying than people who just aren't very funny and have a horrible sense of when to spew their "unfunniness". I've been in leagues with those types and always have to be assured by a friend, "I know, he really sounds like an idiot, but he's basically a nice guy and he works in my brother's department. Just go easy on him."

Meanwhile, he destroys any fun smack talk with some hack BS and it's all you can do not to verbally murder the SOB. That ends up making you look like a mean-spirited a-hole. Everyone else has found the compassion needed to sit back and allow Cpt. Shortbus to pee all over what could have been fun discourse because they all took the, "he's not so bad, go easy on him" talk to heart and you didn't.

I hear you and that chit needs to be nipped in the bud.

Edited by detlef