[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Not to Make Friends

SheikYerbuti

aren't you being a little thin skinned about having your character questioned?

actaully... i don't think you are. one's character should be important to them. something worthy of standing up for ....and drawing lines. and this is why i believe sheik was very justified in his reaction.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actaully... i don't think you are. one's character should be important to them. something worthy of standing up for ....and drawing lines. and this is why i believe sheik was very justified in his reaction.

That's a vote for yes.

Sheik, sounds like a perfect fit for Irish's league. I wouldn't let him in either.

We do agree here.

All I'm saying is that it sounded to me like the guy was joking and the response struck me as an over-reaction.

And for what it's worth, I do in fact apologize.

But if I had Chester Taylor on my bench and not Adrian Peterson on my roster, I still gotta hope Adrian goes down. Just the way it is.

Let the bashing commence. I truly enjoy this debate. But let the record note I did not fire the first salvo on it. I merely responded.

well, i dunno if kicking the guy out da league was necessarily called for, but what an idiotic comment. even if it was a joke, it was a total Dill Josh Gordon irish-type joke :moon:

Sheik, sounds like a perfect fit for Irish's league. I wouldn't let him in either.

I think he was joking too. Probably an Irish type. Just forgot his :guns:

When I read the title I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought me up, who was going to mention me and how many times my name would be thrown into the ring. So far, I've pulled a hat trick. :wacko: On with the show. The guy was definitely out of line and if there was any way I could've contacted him I would've just to see what he meant by his comments. Sheik reacted strongly but was definitely in the right in doing so.

reality is... i'm rarely an a-hole.... pretty forgiving too. but i know rude when i see it.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with you there. I've seen plenty of examples.

I for one am shocked at how CR has responded so strongly in this thread and would have to agree on the being a bit thin-skinned. I would be lynched if I called someone an f'ing a-hole on these boards. :D God dang those double standards!!! :D

Edited by irish

When I read the title I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought me up, who was going to mention me and how many times my name would be thrown into the ring. So far, I've pulled a hat trick. :wacko: On with the show. The guy was definitely out of line and if there was any way I could've contacted him I would've just to see what he meant by his comments. Sheik reacted strongly but was definitely in the right in doing so.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with you there. I've seen plenty of examples.

I for one am shocked at how CR has responded so strongly in this thread and would have to agree on the being a bit thin-skinned. I would be lynched if I called someone an f'ing a-hole on these boards. :DGod dang those double standards!!! :D

you see , posting this does not help ..this thread was not about you

whether you realized it or not , a number of times you brought yourself into it and discussed your "situation or status in the Huddle" .,..discussing it or focusing on you , will only make it worse or keep it lingering ..

just sayin ..

and i do not mean any harm

Edited by isleseeya

Damn it, this thread was just starting to get good with name calling and stuff but Irish had to go and ruin it by trying to make it about him. Fracking newbies.

Now get back to calling each other names. :wacko:

you see , posting this does not help ..this thread was not about you

whether you realized it or not , a number of times you brought yourself into it and discussed your "situation or status in the Huddle" .,..discussing it or focusing on you , will only make it worse or keep it lingering ..

just sayin ..

and i do not mean any harm

I realized that and truly have avoided responding recently but felt moved today. This thread wasn't supposed to be about me and there's no way in hell I want it to be about me but I got my usual plugs. Oh well, I said what I said, speaking the truth, insulted no one and am now moving on.

Edited by irish

It's amazing how many directions this thread has gone in. As soon as it gets back on course, BAM! Off unto something else.

Sheik, the guy clearly had Megan Foxieness in his embezzlement remark. It's one thing if your buds and he's busting chops, but there is the right way to ease into a group as the new guy and clearly soon to be lawyer boy just doesn't get it.

Let us know if he responds. My guess is he will and apologize for the remark and chalk it up to being "funny". If he does, I would reconsider his banishment from your league.

I realized that and truly have avoided responding recently but felt moved today. Thie thread wasn't supposed to be about me but I got my usual plugs. Oh well, I said what I said, speaking the truth, insulted no one and am now moving on.

all i am saying is that you could have posted about the topic at hand itself and never mentioned anything about yourself or your situation

and i believe that approach works better now and long term ...but ok no problem

Let us know if he responds. My guess is he will and apologize for the remark and chalk it up to being "funny". If he does, I would reconsider his banishment from your league.

Same here.