[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Record warm winter for northern Europe

McBoog

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therefor, we should do nothing to stop or stem our own contirbution to greenhouse gases.

You do realize that article you posted last week about "arcti ice being thicker than ever" was bunk?

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental...ea-ice-47121205

Record sea ice growth rates after a record low may sound surprising at first, but it is not completely unexpected. The more ice that survives the summer melt, the less open water there is for new ice to grow. When summertime ice extent hits a record low, on the other hand, large areas of open water provide room for the ice to grow once temperatures cool off enough. While summer warming of the upper ocean surface can cause wintertime sea ice regrowth to lag initially, as the fall season progresses and sunlight weakens, the rate of energy loss from the ocean increases. That heat loss coupled with a large area of open water creates ideal conditions for sea ice to form rapidly over large areas.

Therefor, we should do nothing to stop or stem our own contirbution to greenhouse gases.

You do realize that article you posted last week about "arcti ice being thicker than ever" was bunk?

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental...ea-ice-47121205

We should be as clean as possible. Your worry is greenhouse gasses, mine is the tangible poisons that come out of these machines, the ultimate result is a cleaner planet independent as to your position on man's fault v cyclic factors vs combination of all. When have I EVER posted anything suggesting we do nothing? :wacko: I just can't buy into Gore's faciast, single focus position. I fall into the "combination of all" category. Hey, they're are all right, but not completely!

No, the articles and info I have read show that the ice is thicker in some areas than in a long while! Nothing I posted says the ice has come all the way back. The few 100 years we have been monitoring this is too small a time sample to have any significant statistical meaning compared to the age of the planet.

The article is short and does not go into enough detail, but was very interesting. Thanx :D . Good link. I am trying to read everything from all sides on the issue. I am not exactly sure what point the article was trying to make.

The record melting of Arctic sea ice this summer was widely viewed as a harbinger of global warming, though unusual wind patterns played a role and many factors affecting fluctuations in Arctic ice are poorly understood by scientists .

What happened to the "concensus" ? Doesn't this say, from your linked article, that there are MANY factors? I agree with this completely. It is not just our CO2 and I am not sure we can do actually do anything to effect the raising temperature. But, once again, this does not mean we shouldn't strive for more efficient/cleaner energy production across the board! It is logical.

Snow in East Texas in March, I'm sure it's happened, though I don't remember in it in my 33 years, but it's happening tonight.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for cutting down greenhouse gases and for clean air. I just don't think the sky is falling, and I want to do it in a fiscally responsible manner rather than kill the economy.

Climate vs weather vs global warming

Who really knows the answer ?

Who knows why it was warmer in sweden this winter but colder in macedonia ? Why oceans are rising in some places and not others ? Who knows why lt wears a darth vader helmet while philip rivers looks like a rich spolied frat boy ?

:wacko:

I've heard that one volcanic eruption releases more greenhouse gases then the human race has ever produced. Does anybody have any information on this? Again it's just something I've heard.

EDIT : It's my opinion that the science of global warming is a natural occurance and we have limited influence on it.

Edited by SuperCharger

"Agreeing that Mr Gore's film was 'broadly accurate' on the subject of climate change..."

Whoops. Looks like they slipped in a little "Gore is actually correct" in the text right before the huge graphic displaying his alleged inaccuracies. I blew it up here for emphasis.

Edited by AtomicCEO

"Agreeing that Mr Gore's film was 'broadly accurate' on the subject of climate change..."

Whoops. Looks like they slipped in a little "Gore is actually correct" in the text right before the huge graphic displaying his alleged inaccuracies. I blew it up here for emphasis.

I don't think anyone with half a brain doesn't realize that something in our micro-time frame is going on with global climate. What is at dispute is the cause and effect. Did you actually see the bottom of the page? Did you see that the action was supported by the courts? Did you not process the fact that the courts found the CO2 "evidence" faulty and that the production was largly alarmist and one sided?

Good grief :wacko:

I don't think anyone with half a brain doesn't realize that something in our micro-time frame is going on with global climate. What is at dispute is the cause and effect. Did you actually see the bottom of the page? Did you see that the action was supported by the courts? Did you not process the fact that the courts found the CO2 "evidence" faulty and that the production was largly alarmist and one sided?

Good grief :wacko:

Wow....so you mean a court of law actually found the production was alarmist and one sided....wow. Talk about an activist judge.

These problems led Mr. Wegman's team to conclude that the idea that the planet is experiencing unprecedented global warming "cannot be supported."

:wacko:

We should be as clean as possible. Your worry is greenhouse gasses, mine is the tangible poisons that come out of these machines, the ultimate result is a cleaner planet independent as to your position on man's fault v cyclic factors vs combination of all. When have I EVER posted anything suggesting we do nothing? :wacko:I just can't buy into Gore's faciast, single focus position. I fall into the "combination of all" category. Hey, they're are all right, but not completely!

You do know the term Facist was coined by Mussolini and described corporations running the government don't you?

"Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini (July 29, 1883 – April 28, 1945) was an Italian who led the National Fascist Party and is credited with being one of key figures in the creation of Fascism. He became the Prime Minister of Italy in 1922 and Il Duce by 1925, he was the leader of the dictatorship until 1943. For a short period after this until his death, Mussolini was the Head of the Italian Social Republic.

Italian fascism which Mussolini was amongst the founders, valued nationalism, corporatism, militarism, social progress and anti-communism combined with censorship and state propaganda. In the years following his creation of the fascist ideology, Mussolini influenced or achieved admiration from a wide variety of political figures, from various different backgrounds."

It amazing what Exxon funded fake scientists can do to confuse everyone. They are just like the defense atty's that distort and confuse to create reasonable doubt.

Do you know the difference between weather and climate? Educate yourself.

Edited by Randall

The judge article is absolutely funny. What the hell does he know about science....umm nothing.

Ummmmmm, there was a trial with experts from BOTH sides presenting. And you presume way too much. You have a link showing the preciding judge knows nothing about science? My first degree was Pre-Med - Biology, I went into law enforcement and have since passed the bar "just because" knowing the law makes me better at my job. A guy in my unit also just passed the bar and his first degree was in Math.

Nice rebuttle though! :wacko:

Ummmmmm, there was a trial with experts from BOTH sides presenting. And you presume way too much. You have a link showing the preciding judge knows nothing about science? My first degree was Pre-Med - Biology, I went into law enforcement and have since passed the bar "just because" knowing the law makes me better at my job. A guy in my unit also just passed the bar and his first degree was in Math.

Nice rebuttle though! :wacko:

That must have been one hell of a law school. You've convinced me that you're an expert. :D

Hey... you did spell law correctly though... so they did some fine work.

By the way, did I mention that I'm a climett ecspurt? I know all about the whether and the climett, so you should listen to me.

Edited by AtomicCEO