[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teenage girls

Delicious_bass

Que H8 in 3,2, 1....

"the highest overall prevalence is among black girls — nearly half the blacks studied had at least one STD. " :wacko:

They now have a controversial vaccine for HPV; when my daughter is old enough I think she will be getting it!

This isn't news. STD's (especially HPV) in teens have been a known problem for quite a while. The HPV vaccine should lower that disease rate if parents will just get their daughters into the doctor's office to receive it.

Some people think it will encourage girls to have sex, who wouldn't have otherwise spread their legs.

Yeah, I'm sure first and foremost on most girls minds when deciding whether or not to have sex is HPV immunity.

I know when my high school girlfriend jumped me, she was being pragmatic and reasoned, as all teenage girls are at that age.

Yeah, I'm sure first and foremost on most girls minds when deciding whether or not to have sex is HPV immunity.

I know when my high school girlfriend jumped me, she was being pragmatic and reasoned, as all teenage girls are at that age.

I think the concern is more that girls might interpret their parents' decision to immunize against HPV as implicit approval to go ahead and start ridin' the baloney pony.

I think the concern is more that girls might interpret their parents' decision to immunize against HPV as implicit approval to go ahead and start ridin' the baloney pony.

And the problem is?

By the way, I found out today that my second child will be a boy (two boys), and my wife and I are not planning to go for 3, so I've realized that I can be a sexist pig for the rest of my life. Thank God.

And the problem is?

By the way, I found out today that my second child will be a boy (two boys), and my wife and I are not planning to go for 3, so I've realized that I can be a sexist pig for the rest of my life. Thank God.

*I* don't think its a problem; my daughter will be immunized. No matter what I do she's going to have sex at some point. Frankly, I'd rather she got pregnant that get cervical cancer.

Just so its out there HPV is also associated with squamous cell carcinoma of the penis, anus and oral cavity(although not nearly as strongly as cervical) It is almost to the point where there are as many men affected by HPV related cancers as there are women with HPV related cervical cancer. So it wouldn't be a terrible idea to give the vaccine to young boys. I doubt there will be the public health push for it until the vaccine is more widely acepted for girls, but you may want to think about it for your boys in the future or even ask your doc about it now.

Getting your insurance to pay for it is another story altogether even for girls, and it isn't exactly cheap ($600ish for the entire 3 shot series).