[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hackett signs with the Panthers

PSULions

Nate did almost double Hackett's receptions and yardage last year; not to mention Nate's 9 receiving TDs last year equal Hackett's career total.

Apparently Hackett has reached the Matt Jones level of hype.

True, but could you honestly say that you'd want Burleson over Hackett? Even with Hackett's injuries, I'm not sure I would. Burleson is an over-glorified slot receiver who can run a f'n route to save his life.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't be good for his fantasy numbers. Sure, he is going to have a few huge games when Smith is doubled constantly, but are there enough yards in their passing game for him to have any kind of consistency??

True, but could you honestly say that you'd want Burleson over Hackett? Even with Hackett's injuries, I'm not sure I would. Burleson is an over-glorified slot receiver who can run a f'n route to save his life.

In 2006, Hackett had 610 yds on 45 catches in 12 games.

In 2007, Burleson had 694 yds on 50 catches in 16 games.

In 2007, Hackett had 2 100 yd games and 5 games with 4 or more receptions... in 6 games

In 2007, Burleson had 1 100 yd game and 7 games with 4 or more receptions... in 16 games.

Hackett has the injuries but is much more productive on a per game basis.

Burleson is less productive but his special teams and lack of injuries make up for it.

At the very least the above choice is a wash. In other words, why wouldn't Hackett be worth as much as Burleson's FA contract from 3 years ago.

Watch both players play the wide receiver position for 3 plays and you can tell that Hackett is the better player. You stat people need to go play computer football.

Edited by Seahawks21

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Isn't that 8 more games and 8 more catches than Burleson?

Hackett hasn't been able to get or stay healthy. Are you going to put me on the torch for that?? He is still twice the receiver of Burleson. Burleson is awful. Hasselbeck hates the guy. He doesn't run routes. He free-lances. Matt loved Hackett and can't stand Burleson. That should at least count for something. A guy gets ankle issues and can't play and you find it relevant to dig up a post from six months ago and try to fry me with it? Is this really what you have come to? That is a sad, sad state sir.

Edited by Seahawks21

Isn't that 8 more games and 8 more catches than Burleson?

Actually, Burleson had 5 catches and a TD in less than 3 quarters of football before he was injured for the season. Nate nearly put up as many fantasy points in little more than one half then Hackett (i.e...the next great #1 WR talent) did in 9 games.

Actually, Burleson had 5 catches and a TD in less than 3 quarters of football before he was injured for the season. Nate nearly put up as many fantasy points in little more than one half then Hackett (i.e...the next great #1 WR talent) did in 9 games.

You are grasping at straws sir. This is really the conclusions you are coming to? How insignificant do you have to be to pull up a thread like this? You're the man dude!

I was answering a question you asked. My turn.

Who do you think will be signed first...The great Darrell Jackson or the future HOF'r DJ Hackett?

Hahah!!! Good one. The Seahawks receivers have been so good since those guys left that they had to go give big money to a 32 year old possession receiver. You're right, Deion Branch has been much better than Jackson was.

Go ask Matt Hasselbeck what he thinks about losing his favorite receivers.

Jackson had less than 713 yards one time in his seven seasons as a Seattle Seahawk. Say what you want about how he has performed with other teams, but DJax and Matt had something pretty special going on. You can't teach that, and talent can't compare to it.

Edited by Seahawks21

The Seahawks receivers have been so good since those guys left

Maybe last year's crappy WR play in Seattle had a little bit more to do with losing their QB and their entire WR depth chart to injury? Just maybe a bigger factor than letting Hackett go to free agency and trading DJax in 2007?

BTW, After Djax left Seattle, 35 year old career journeyman Engram had 90+ catches and 1,100 + yards (almost mirroring Djax's best year). Which further supports an obvious point that is lost upon you. Often the system and the QB make the WR, not vice versa.

BTW, when you're stubbornly steadfast opinion becomes completely wrong on all levels, you're better off manning up and admitting it....or just ignoring it.

Maybe last year's crappy WR play in Seattle had a little bit more to do with losing their QB and their entire WR depth chart to injury? Just maybe a bigger factor than letting Hackett go to free agency and trading DJax in 2007?

BTW, After Djax left Seattle, 35 year old career journeyman Engram had 90+ catches and 1,100 + yards (almost mirroring Djax's best year). Which further supports an obvious point that is lost upon you. Often the system and the QB make the WR, not vice versa.

BTW, when you're stubbornly steadfast opinion becomes completely wrong on all levels, you're better off manning up and admitting it....or just ignoring it.

how come the system and QB can't turn Deion Branch into a receiver?

BTW, you're reaching for a point that doesn't exist. Are you on some sort of mission to "get me" for something? DJ Hackett gets hurt and can't practice all year, and that somehow makes you right about everything you've ever said? Seriously. Are you trying to tie this all up into some nice little bow? What does any of this have to do with anything? It makes you feel like a big man to pull up a six month old post about an inured player, then somehow tie Darrell Jackson into this? Dude, you're in Seattle, right? Are you trying to tell me DJax wasn't one of major reasons why this offense became good when it did? How are you trying to hide the fact that this team hasn't been very good since he left? Or is that all a coincidence too? You've obviously pulled this up to make some kind of point, right? Or is simply to try to take shots at me?

Bobby Engram stepped up huge when DJax left. He had to. Matt didn't have anybody else he could throw to. When did I ever take a shot at Bobby? Bobby is one of my favorite all-time Seahawks, and was one of the best slot receivers in the game during his prime. What does one thing have to do with another? Where are you going with all this?

Is your big point really that a hurt player didn't do much last year? That is a pretty earth-shattering revelation. Is that really what we are discussing right now? Then you compare him to a guy that was also hurt and did even less? And that is supposed to somehow prove your point? When did I ever say DJ Hackett was going to be healthy all year? Did I miss something? Get to your damn point already.

My guess is that I proved you wrong at some point and you couldn't handle it. So you've been patiently waiting for something like this for years, so you can throw it in my face and point and laugh. The only problem with that is that I didn't make any points in this case. I don't understand what you are arguing about. If I had said "watch, DJ Hackett won't get hurt this year", I can see where you're coming from. I don't recall saying that. This is a feeble attempt to drag me through the mud, and nothing more. Frankly, I thought you were better than that.

Edited by Seahawks21

lol, just lol.

Good comeback. Whatever guy, I'm done playin your little games. People here know who I am and what I'm about. Haven't your attempts to be condescending towards me become pathetically tiresome at this point? What's your deal man?