[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has Anyone Seen PantherDave?

jaxfactor

well, who wants to come right out and say, "I couldn't make my mortgage last month so I tapped into the league dues -- I'm not proud of it, in fact I'm pretty damn ashamed, but it is what it is." nah, if that's the deal, they're gonna say, "I've been really busy....I'll get it to you as soon as I can." and if that is indeed the deal, then I don't see that these call-out threads accomplish much. I am pretty sure PD will pay up eventually. but unfortunately, I'm thinking jax may have to wait a while. I'd be pissed if I were jax, having plans for the $$ and all, but if the guy just doesn't have the money right now, what can you do short of sending nsab's crew down?

He had a responsibility when he took the role with the league. Any way of justifying it is lame, but I don't think anyone is bad mouthing him. Every comment has said that he should have checked in and returned Jax's emails, then go onto say how good of a guy PD is.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a responsibility when he took the role with the league. Any way of justifying it is lame, but I don't think anyone is bad mouthing him. Every comment has said that he should have checked in and returned Jax's emails, then go onto say how good of a guy PD is.

yeah PD is alright in my book...he just needs to square up with Jax is all...

I personally have no problem with PD what-so-ever

:wacko: payment should be made according to the time frame set up in the league rules

fwiw, i am a treasurer for 2 both leagues(fusion and just added ATAP this yr)...I always keep league money away from my own....i never made this a formal announcement but we closed our business on Feb 3rd due to poor business conditions....things were about as bleak as you could ever imagine including me not knowing how long it would take me to get a job(ended up being out of work for almost 6 weeks) but I paid everyone and it was in a timely manner(our rule states within 7days after OUR week 16 SB)....I am not insinuating that Dave spent the loot just simply addressing the fact that bad sh1t happening to you financially isnt a good reason to not have the money either...imo, that is stealing....in the end this situation is about communication....nothing good ever comes from poor or no communication.

I'm just giving whoever the benefit of the doubt and saying that late January/1st week of February can be squashed...

as a commish, I've only touched the league pot once and paid it back in 3 days...I am kind of touchy about dipping into the league's money as I've let someone else handle the money before (co-commish) and chit hit the fan...

I only handle the league money and it either goes into my safe or an additional savings account...

edit: but PD should have communicated this, you are definitely correct on that account....

how can you expect to run an upright league that is to be respected if you don't communicate with the champ about his winnings and what the deal is regarding that..

Edited by Avernus

oh...that's not such a big deal...

It's a big deal if he's owed a nickel...

My point was, someone mentioned that maybe PD was strapped and did'nt want to admit that he needed the money to make a mortgage payment. I was only saying that there's no way he's that broke.

My guess is he forgot....not that that's a reasonable excuse.

I just got off the phone with PD and the reason he hasn't gotten on the MB is due to several things. As most of you know, he is a contractor and some of the projects that he has been working on are having issues. One of his homes is on the market and he is hoping to close on it shortly and replenish some of his cash that has been going to carry the interest on this and another house he is in the process of finishing. He had to let his crew go with the exception of one guy, so he is "Wearing his tool belt again" as he told me.

The other issue that as mucked things up for him is that someone got into his PayPal account and has some of his private information for whoever hacked his account. Because of that he has shut down his checking account, e-mail addy, and has someone investigating the breach so he does not have access to the internet for the last two months or so, hence, the emails that have bounced back and lack of activity here.

He said that everything is fine, with the family, and will be back on the boards when the ID theft issue is resolved. He also told me that he plans to take care of Jax and wanted to get his information that I will pass along to him via phone and he will right it down and square up with him. Unfortunately, the information that he got was stored on his PM list and he does not have access to that currently, hence, the inability to square up with Jax.

Look for a PM from me shortly, Jax. He wanted to apologize for the delay and hopes that crock pot recipes will be on the boards soon. :wacko:

So he has no money, and he has no internet access, and he had his identity stolen? :D

Well, somebody had to say it. :wacko:

All BS aside, all the best to PD, no hard luck feelings, hope everything works out for him, just get Jax paid. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

So he has no money, and he has no internet access, and he had his identity stolen? :brew:

Well, somebody had to say it. :wacko:

All BS aside, all the best to PD, no hard luck feelings, hope everything works out for him, just get Jax paid. :D

That pretty much sums it up. I had someone hack my Paypal account several years ago when someone hacked my password and it was the same password for my Yahoo e-mail which the person figured out and changed my Yahoo password to block the automatic payment notices that come up when you pay for an item. I couldn't get into my Yahoo e-mail so I had to use the security questions and reset my password and much to my surprise, I see 5 payments totally approx. $700 that were pulled directly from my checking account. :D

I went into protection mode and immediately started out e-mails to Paypal about the ID theft and they suspended all five payments and I recovered all my funds, but it was a MAJOR pain as I had to file police reports, provide transaction #s, close my account and open a new one, move all my EFT payments, etc and alert the 3 credit agencies about my fraud situation to prevent any new accounts from being opened without my knowledge. ID theft can take along time to repair, but fortunately for me, I work at BAC and knew the steps to limit what happened to me. I still don't use Paypal after that incident and always pay for my leagues with my online checks that get issued from BAC.

This is why I've started being the treasurer in most of my leagues. I pay the day of or the day after the superbowl game. NO EXCEPTIONS ! ! !

Paypal, check or money order . The only time I don't payout immediantely is when i have to wait of the winners to get me their payment info.

I was thinking of setting up a website just for collections as it seems to be a problem in so many leagues come payout time. I take a few %'s of the dues and make payouts the day of your league championship game. a $1200 purse league, pays my site to warrenty and hold their dues for a modest $30 or something.

This is why I've started being the treasurer in most of my leagues. I pay the day of or the day after the superbowl game. NO EXCEPTIONS ! ! !

Paypal, check or money order . The only time I don't payout immediantely is when i have to wait of the winners to get me their payment info.

I was thinking of setting up a website just for collections as it seems to be a problem in so many leagues come payout time. I take a few %'s of the dues and make payouts the day of your league championship game. a $1200 purse league, pays my site to warrenty and hold their dues for a modest $30 or something.

I do too. Never put off what you can do today.

I just got off the phone with PD and the reason he hasn't gotten on the MB is due to several things. As most of you know, he is a contractor and some of the projects that he has been working on are having issues. One of his homes is on the market and he is hoping to close on it shortly and replenish some of his cash that has been going to carry the interest on this and another house he is in the process of finishing. He had to let his crew go with the exception of one guy, so he is "Wearing his tool belt again" as he told me.

The other issue that as mucked things up for him is that someone got into his PayPal account and has some of his private information for whoever hacked his account. Because of that he has shut down his checking account, e-mail addy, and has someone investigating the breach so he does not have access to the internet for the last two months or so, hence, the emails that have bounced back and lack of activity here.

He said that everything is fine, with the family, and will be back on the boards when the ID theft issue is resolved. He also told me that he plans to take care of Jax and wanted to get his information that I will pass along to him via phone and he will right it down and square up with him. Unfortunately, the information that he got was stored on his PM list and he does not have access to that currently, hence, the inability to square up with Jax.

Look for a PM from me shortly, Jax. He wanted to apologize for the delay and hopes that crock pot recipes will be on the boards soon. :wacko:

Nice work PSU..

I can understand all the other reasoning but not this one. There are plenty of places you can log onto the internet for a few minutes these days to let someone know what's up. I could walk down the street to the car wash and log on if I had to.

+1. nothing i read sounds like this would not be an option to at least honor your commitment to the league.

no issue for me regarding the identity stuff and paypal issues. as stated, however, there are still many other ways to get the dude paid. where i would have an issue, however, is with someone tapping into the league funds for personal business and then delaying payment due to the inability to come up with the funds. not cool and should not happen. i'm hoping this is not the case with PD, but it looks like that might be the case since part of the explanation had to do with his personal business situation. bummer. league and country first gentlemen (and ladies).

Thanks man! :D Got your PM and all info sent. I sent Tuff Luck a PM and either he'll PM me or you his info. We never had a 3rd place game but Tuffluck finished the reg. season 12-2 so I take it he's 3rd. PD himself came in 2nd so that's one less person he has to pay.

As I told you in my PM, absolutely no hard feelings towards PD. I hope he gets things back to normal soon.

You paid me promptly :wacko: Thank you-AND notified me that I didn't have my line-up complete-another :D

sorry ..write a check ...get a money order ...and pay the man...you have enough ph"s from other huddlers i believe ( in PD's case anyway ) ..call one tell them to PM jax , get the info for Jax ( address , etc ) and mail the money ...end of story

never had a problem with PD , had some funny exchanges , maybe there will be more when he logs back into the huddle but i can not and silply will not buy his story in that it prevented from him paying Jax ...there was and is a way ...always is

I am now officially done ...Jax if need a loan in meantime , PM me :wacko: ...always like you