[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giant oil field found

polksalet

did some research on this...it will not help the price of oil and they estimate it will cost them 40-50 to harvest the oil (per barrell).

So I assume a company wouldnt even try to harvest this oil unless prices remain high. Also, they are very uncertain how much of this oil is recoverable.

A conservative estimate of Bakken's technically recoverable oil would be 1% to 3%, or between 4.1 and 12.4 billion barrels (0.6–2 km³) of oil, due to the fact that Bakken's shale is so tight. However, other estimates range from 10% to as high as 50% technically recoverable reserves.

The Williston Basin has been exploding with oil exploration for years now, and it is almost impossible to hire a manual laborer worth a poopy in eastern Montana or western North Dakota as the oil fields snap them up and pay better than construction, ranching, etc.

They have been drilling for oil up there for years. Bowman, ND wouldn't exsist if it wasn't for the little bit of oil they pull out up there.

I know exactly what Wireman is talking about. A young man from here went up there and is making $90,000 a year. He works 7 days a week about 50 weeks a year, but he is stashing away cash like you wouldn't believe.

They have been drilling for oil up there for years. Bowman, ND wouldn't exsist if it wasn't for the little bit of oil they pull out up there.

I know exactly what Wireman is talking about. A young man from here went up there and is making $90,000 a year. He works 7 days a week about 50 weeks a year, but he is stashing away cash like you wouldn't believe.

Making $90K a year and not really being able to spend it...not bad.

Between this and ANWAR...we are the next Middle East...well, with the exception we can still contribute to the well being of the world...:wacko:

That is far below industry norms unless he is a deaf mute and gets around on a unicycle.

did some research on this...it will not help the price of oil and they estimate it will cost them 40-50 to harvest the oil (per barrell).

So I assume a company wouldnt even try to harvest this oil unless prices remain high. Also, they are very uncertain how much of this oil is recoverable.

Even if the prices remained high, it would still lessen our dependence upon foreign supply for such a vital part of our economy, as well as providing for domestic employment and investment. Nothing bad about that at all.

Even if the prices remained high, it would still lessen our dependence upon foreign supply for such a vital part of our economy, as well as providing for domestic employment and investment. Nothing bad about that at all.

Geesh, we are not dependent on foreign oil. It is all a game to raise prices. I work in the industry and I can't below no one realizes this.

Don't make fun of the first dude in his family to graduate from the sixth grade. :wacko:

That's why my wife and I make such a great match. She was the first in her family to stand upright.

Geesh, we are not dependent on foreign oil. It is all a game to raise prices. I work in the industry and I can't below no one realizes this.

I wonder about this myself. And something like 85-90 percent of our oil comes from Mexico and Canaduh, right?