[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shockey threatened to sit out season?

Kid Cid

We haven't heard the end of this. From Big Blue Interactive.

Shockey Threatened to Sit Out Season?: The Star-Ledger is reporting that disgruntled TE Jeremy Shockey told the Giants in December that he wanted a changed role in the offense or a trade to another team. The paper says Shockey threatened to sit out the 2008 season if neither request was granted.

Like yesterday’s report in The Daily News, The Ledger article says Shockey wants to be in an offense where he has to block less and would welcome a trade to the New Orleans Saints, where he would be reunited with former Giants’ offensive coordinator Sean Payton.

Shockey’s agent was interviewed on ESPN yesterday. When asked if Shockey wants out of New York, Shockey’s agent responded, "That’s going to be between Jeremy and the New York Giants. One thing I’ve learned, unfortunately the hard way - and I can tell you with all sincerity - is that I prefer to do my business with a team off camera. I appreciate you guys inviting me on, but in terms of Jeremy’s feelings as relating to the Giants, that’s something that we’ve communicated to the Giants and the ball’s going to be in their court."

The agent was then asked why Shockey might want a trade. "What happens is, as you lead up to the draft, there are always a number of key players who are the topic of trade discussions," said the agent. "And we’ve had discussions with the Giants about Jeremy. I’ll leave it at that. And you hear what Jerry Reese had to say. It’s going to be up to the Giants to decide whether or not they want to trade Jeremy. The bottom line is Jeremy’s an outstanding football player and he’s going to have a great season next year."

When asked about Shockey’s health, the agent responded, "Yes, he is (healthy). Now, this is something I can talk about. Jeremy has been cleared. His ankle is now 100 percent. The fracture has healed, the ligaments have healed. He’s running, he’s doing everything, so that is good news. Jeremy has been cleared by doctors and he is ready to play. He needs to obviously continue to rehabilitate, but he’s going to be ready for any of the challenges that are coming up in the spring."

Once a Bitch always a bitch. They proved much better without him and both Eli's nads finally dropped. If I am Big Blue I say good riddance.

Shockey and a 2nd round pick for Chad Johnson. . .Big Blue would have the sickest receiving corps ever.

Years ago when T.O was an Eagle and people used to compare Chad to TO I used to say "Chad is a showboater but he isnt as destructive as TO. Chads just a loudmouth"..I was wrong..

Years ago when T.O was an Eagle and people used to compare Chad to TO I used to say "Chad is a showboater but he isnt as destructive as TO. Chads just a loudmouth"..I was wrong..

You wouldn't want him on your team? I would, moreso than TO.

I would be very happy to see him land in New Orleans........... As long as Harper is not any part of that deal!

I agree. I don't like the guy at all, but I think between Payton & Brees he'll keep his big mouth shut.

You wouldn't want him on your team? I would, moreso than TO.

Id rather have TO. Hes a bigger D-Bag but a much better player. I came to that conclusion using the D-Bag to performance formula

Wrong.

I know he's never raffled off tickets to a car then decided to give his girlfriend the car because all the people who bought the tickets were only there for a car... I know TO goes over the middle and can make something happen more so than Johnson. I'll take TO every time over Chad Johnson.

Shockey and a 2nd round pick for Chad Johnson. . .Big Blue would have the sickest receiving corps ever.

Too bad that Chad is even more of a loudmouth d0uche/locker room cancer than Shockey. Eli played a lot better when Shockey was pounding drinks up in the luxury suites.

I know he's never raffled off tickets to a car then decided to give his girlfriend the car because all the people who bought the tickets were only there for a car... I know TO goes over the middle and can make something happen more so than Johnson. I'll take TO every time over Chad Johnson.

+1

Arizona's crew would still be better. I don't think it would make them the best at current time, and no way all time... Maybe I just don't understand the term "sickest" :wacko:

I think it would be a close call between Johnson/Plax/Steve Smith and Boldin/Fitz/Bryant. And no, it wouldn't be the best corps of all time. I was just rambling at the mouth. I should have known I'd be picked apart for it.

Anyway, back to the discussion of who is the bigger cancer in the locker room, TO or Chad (which is strange, since this is a thread about Shockey), I think up until about a month ago there would have been no discussion that TO is the worse teammate. TO has a long track record of throwing his QB's under the bus and acting as a derisive figure in the clubhouse. Chad has never singled out individuals, and all the attention he's been getting over the last month has been him critizing management for not making offseason moves to strengthen the team. Chad has been guilty of wanting the spotlight (as TO has been) but I've always thought of Chad's egocentric behavior as being lighthearted and entertaining. TO seems much more mean spirited and malicious in his antics and criticisms of his teammates. I've never heard Chad say a bad word about Carson Palmer or Housh, whereas Owens has talked trash about McNabb, Garcia and many others.

Oh, and Chad is right. The Bengals ARE going backward. I don't like the way he's saying it, but what he's saying should be said.

The Ledger article says Shockey wants to be in an offense where he has to block less

Block less? What exactly does Shockey think a TE does? A TE is nothing more than an OT who can run some & catch. The blocking at the edge of the strong side of the O-line is critical to establishing rushing success and sets up numerous counter plays. He doesn't like to block? It's part of his freakin' job description! You want to be a WR? Lose some freakin' weight, gain some speed, and show that you can beat a pro CB in a pattern rather than a SS or a LB.

My Gawd, this guy is a major league pusslie.

I think it would be a close call between Johnson/Plax/Steve Smith and Boldin/Fitz/Bryant. And no, it wouldn't be the best corps of all time. I was just rambling at the mouth. I should have known I'd be picked apart for it.

Anyway, back to the discussion of who is the bigger cancer in the locker room, TO or Chad (which is strange, since this is a thread about Shockey), I think up until about a month ago there would have been no discussion that TO is the worse teammate. TO has a long track record of throwing his QB's under the bus and acting as a derisive figure in the clubhouse. Chad has never singled out individuals, and all the attention he's been getting over the last month has been him critizing management for not making offseason moves to strengthen the team. Chad has been guilty of wanting the spotlight (as TO has been) but I've always thought of Chad's egocentric behavior as being lighthearted and entertaining. TO seems much more mean spirited and malicious in his antics and criticisms of his teammates. I've never heard Chad say a bad word about Carson Palmer or Housh, whereas Owens has talked trash about McNabb, Garcia and many others.

Oh, and Chad is right. The Bengals ARE going backward. I don't like the way he's saying it, but what he's saying should be said.

Bryant Johnson is in SF now. And when did S Smith become such a stud for NY. Plax/Johnson isnt better than Housh/Johnson, and certainly isnt better than Fitz/Boldin, or Harrison/Wayne before last yr.