[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Signs Jake Long

The Wolf

Guest Chappy
Wow a lot of duplicate posts.

Mine just happened to be the 1st posted though. However, it was without a link. Before and after I posted I looked and there was no other post on the front page about this topic.

Edited by Chappy

So, if this deal is in fact in place and a deal consummated, does anyone know the protocol as to whether St Louis is allowed to move forward with negotiations regarding other players, and then if they were to consummate a deal, whether the draft can then proceed to ATL and so on?

Well, this is the only one that has gained steam going forth. SO therefore, I post in this one.

I wonder what Ronnie Brown owners think of this piece of information, if anything?

I think RB owners are hoping he is healthy before anything else...

Oh and the other posts are closed, so you have no choice but to post in this one. :wacko:

Well, this is the only one that has gained steam going forth. SO therefore, I post in this one.

I wonder what Ronnie Brown owners think of this piece of information, if anything?

Would you like a quote? OK...here's one...

" :wacko::D:D:brew: "

Edited by The Wolf

So, if this deal is in fact in place and a deal consummated, does anyone know the protocol as to whether St Louis is allowed to move forward with negotiations regarding other players, and then if they were to consummate a deal, whether the draft can then proceed to ATL and so on?

They were talking about that on Sirius, and they said they ARE allowed to do it. In fact, they said it might be possible that St Louis could have theyre #2 pick signed, thus having the 1st 2 picks before the draft even starts! What a way to cut down on the time!

I think Ronnie Brown owners need to worry about Ronnie Brown's knee... You still have questions as to if Beck can be the quarterback, and other playmakers to surround Brown.

He probably likes it. Ricky does too. :wacko: Will Chris Long go to St Louis now or Oakland?

I've wondered that myself BB. Did a quick Google search and, while nothing concrete came of it, perhaps we can draw an inference from this:

"One of the benefits of owning the top choice is the ability to negotiate with players and their agents before the draft."

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04...egotiating-now/

This may not answer the question in its entirety, however.

Good for him and his family.

Now, KC will either (i) reach for another offensive linemen, (ii) pick someone else at a position of lesser need (unless we can actually complete the trade of JA to MIN or TB), or (iii) trade down and then blow that pick somehow.

...I sound like a Philly or Jets fan...

:oldrolleyes:

I've wondered that myself BB. Did a quick Google search and, while nothing concrete came of it, perhaps we can draw an inference from this:

"One of the benefits of owning the top choice is the ability to negotiate with players and their agents before the draft."

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04...egotiating-now/

This may not answer the question in its entirety, however.

See post 13 :wacko:

With Parcells and Sparano both former Oline coaches this doesn't surprise me.

They haven't had a good LT since the Richmond Webb days.

LT Long

LG Mormino

C Satele

RG Smiley

RT Carey

Not bad at all

Ricky needs a good line to run behind. :wacko:

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Jake Long's five-year deal is worth $57.5 million with $30 million guaranteed.

Long's deal is a year shorter than JaMarcus Russell's, but he will only get $2 million less in guaranteed money and $3.5 million less in total money. The Dolphins didn't have a ton of leverage over Long, as his agent also represents potential fallback options Matt Ryan and Vernon Gholston.

Edited by Randall

They were talking about that on Sirius, and they said they ARE allowed to do it. In fact, they said it might be possible that St Louis could have theyre #2 pick signed, thus having the 1st 2 picks before the draft even starts! What a way to cut down on the time!

Just spoke with a buddy of mine who has been tuned into the Jake Long signing. He said that from what he heard one commentator say is that once Miami and Jake Long sign the paperwork and it is sent to the league office for review and they sign off on it, then the Rams can proceed. How long it takes for all this to happen is anybody's guess, therefore the likelihood of StL doing the same is pretty remote.

Edited by The Wolf