[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wesley Snipes, to serve 3 years in jail.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

I don't know how many people have been following this but Wesley Snipes got busted for Tax Evasion. It seems that he doesn't believe in taxes and didn't pay any or file the returns.

His defense was that there is no Income Tax and show me where it says I have to pay.

'I don't owe taxes, you must show me why I owe taxes,

He was found not guilty of the most severe ones but convicted him on 3 smaller ones. The max penalty was 36 months and at sentencing today, the Judge gave him all 36 months.

What I found funny was the character witnesses he called to say wonderful things about him.

The best one had to be Woody Harrelson to talk to a judge.

A high profile guy who takes highly public stances against the pot laws & tells everyone that he always smokes it....great guy to go before a sentencing judge as a character witness.

And in his own defense before the sentencing Judge, he half-heartly apologized and newer uttered the words tax or taxes, just that he deserves mercy.

And who says Hollywood is out of touch.

Just one of the many links out there.

http://www.wesh.com/news/15979487/detail.html

And who says Hollywood is out of touch.

Hollywood? What the hell does this have to do with Hollywood? I can see a Ron Paul supporter doing the same thing. It's a rejection of the IRS. It may be the Boston Tea Party all over again too.

I feel the same way but don't the guts to flip the finger to Washington.

3 years for not paying taxes? It's contempt for the system. I can see someone from Alaska doing this too.

Hollywood? What the hell does this have to do with Hollywood? I can see a Ron Paul supporter doing the same thing. It's a rejection of the IRS. It may be the Boston Tea Party all over again too.

I feel the same way but don't the guts to flip the finger to Washington.

3 years for not paying taxes? It's contempt for the system. I can see someone from Alaska doing this too.

:wacko:

:wacko:

It's what happens when you have a government that only represents part of the country.

So much for representng veterans.A new GI Bill McCain and others are trying to dilute.

Or families of heroes that died n Iraq.

VA tried hiding rated of veterans suicide in Iraq, saying it was 700 instead of the real figure of 1000 attempts per month.

Many voters are tired of paying into a government that flips it's finger at us.

Many voters are tired of paying into a government that flips it's finger at us.

That is exactly how most of us in the upper tax brackets have felt for a very, very, long time. We get taxed at a higher rate, and see less in the way of services, and see the money going to programs that we do not feel the government has any business funding. At least funding armed forces is one of the main things that government was initially set up to do, as opposed to bail people out who over mortgage them selves, or just don't know how to be responsible for themselves, or pay for all kinds of social programs.

That is exactly how most of us in the upper tax brackets have felt for a very, very, long time. We get taxed at a higher rate, and see less in the way of services, and see the money going to programs that we do not feel the government has any business funding. At least funding armed forces is one of the main things that government was initially set up to do, as opposed to bail people out who over mortgage them selves, or just don't know how to be responsible for themselves, or pay for all kinds of social programs.

I did screw up the Snipes sentence but I know how you feel. Can't we stop spending so much on Cold War hardware and many subsidies? Do we really need all of this expensive hardware designed to fight the Russians? That's just one area of concern.

I wish someone would start over in funding everything. We are spending way too much for so many programs that don't help most americans.

i follow alot of rules that i dont like.....such is life wesley!!!!

Well, to be fair, he's arguing there is no rule he has to follow. He's wrong, of course. But these "tax protester" type arguments are rooted in the notion that compliance is voluntary, or that there is no valid legal basis for imposing a system of income tax in the first place.

And to be fair to Randall, many (if not most) major armed revolutions germinated from issues involving unfair taxation. As Chief Justice Marshall noted back in 1819 in the landmark decision of McCulloch v. Maryland, "the power to tax involves the power to destroy."