[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Look out Chi......

rocknrobn26

Two inches of snow this morning in Pierre, over a foot in someplaces in South Dakota. Numerous roads closed etc. :wacko: April 25th!

Rain, T-Storms, maybe hail......It's dark and I'm scared! :D

Fat (man's) chance of me staying there. I'll tell you what.... I'll meet you in neutral territory.............say HERE???? :wacko:

Sure why not? Isn't Mike Ditka a fan of the Packers now? :DHe did pick them a few times last year.

Coach Ditka On:

Who will win the NFC matchup between Green Bay and Dallas this Thursday?

I like the Packers. I think they're going to go down and play good. I think that their four receiver sets will give the Cowboys some problems in the secondary there. I think that the key to this game though is the offensive line of the Packers. Can they protect against a four-man rush of the Cowboys?

Here's my story:

I got in at around 4:30 - flight was schedule to leave at 6:30

They put me on an earlier flight, schedule to leave at 5:00PM

After getting through the gate, the time had already been changed to 6:00PM

No biggie, I hit the bar, and enjoy the conversation

We board at 6:00PM, and then we sit for 30 minutes. We're told we will get another decision from Chicago in about an hour and we can de-board if we wish. I, of course, de-board and head back to the bar. There I get into a conversation with a troubled, but, very cute red-headed military girl. She was 18 with a 3 year old daughter and has 17 brothers and sisters (at least she says) Still, nice to look at at. S

So, we re-board the plane at about 8:15 and we are told we are ready to go. We taxi out and then are put on hold on the tarmac. Captain comes on and says "We have 10 minutes before we get another report from Chicago"

20 minutes later, we are told it will be another hour & a half until we get an update from Chicago. So, it is now 10:15 and I'm sitting in the airport. The one negative of a small airport is that the bars are closed :D So, I may or may not get to Chicago at some point tonight.

Oh, the joys of travel :wacko:

Here's my story:

We board at 6:00PM, and then we sit for 30 minutes. We're told we will get another decision from Chicago in about an hour and we can de-board if we wish. I, of course, de-board and head back to the bar. There I get into a conversation with a troubled, but, very cute red-headed military girl. She was 18 with a 3 year old daughter and has 17 brothers and sisters (at least she says) Still, nice to look at at. S

So, we re-board the plane at about 8:15 and we are told we are ready to go. We taxi out and then are put on hold on the tarmac. Captain comes on and says "We have 10 minutes before we get another report from Chicago"

20 minutes later, we are told it will be another hour & a half until we get an update from Chicago. So, it is now 10:15 and I'm sitting in the airport. The one negative of a small airport is that the bars are closed :D So, I may or may not get to Chicago at some point tonight.

Oh, the joys of travel :wacko:

From what RnR is tellin' us, you outta be glad to sitting on the tarmac still.

From what RnR is tellin' us, you outta be glad to sitting on the tarmac still.

I'm not on the tarmac........I'm at the gate waiting to re-board....STILL :wacko:

• 2 years later...
Here's my story:

20 minutes later, we are told it will be another hour & a half until we get an update from Chicago. So, it is now 10:15 and I'm sitting in the airport. The one negative of a small airport is that the bars are closed :brew: So, I may or may not get to Chicago at some point tonight.

Oh, the joys of travel :bow:

My story, and it contains no precipitation. :tup:

Supposed to fly home from Wisconsin last night with a plane change at O'Hare. First the plane was delayed due to a carryover effect of fog early yesterday in Chicago. But was told it was happening to all the flights coming to/from there so my connecting flight may also be late so I had a chance to catch it anyway.

After further delay, the plane finally leaves and arrives at O'Hare. I was figuring that I may have had a chance to still make the connection. But then the planes parks in the tarmac for almost an hour. Reason being that it had only one gate it could use (At O'Hare? :lol: ) and another plane was using that gate. After the plane finally got clearance to enter the gate, it was taxiing for a few minutes and when arriving at the gate, there was no one around to direct the plane to it, where it was supposedly just been used :rofl: ) Needless to say, I had indeed missed the connection and no more flights to ATL that night (as it was after 11:00 when I finally got off the plane)

So I had to stay overnight there, but got half-off a voucher to a specified hotel. It is a fancy hotel that had a peculiar problem. The room had a nice close view of a brighty-lit parking ramp. Along with that, the curtains did not close, and further inspection revealed that they were not supposed to close :wacko: . So fair to say I did not get much sleep.

Another thing last night was trying to get reticketed for another flight. All the direct flights to ATL were already overbooked so that was a no-go. The best available was a PM flight to Charlotte, then hop on a different airline to get from Charlotte to Atlanta. I get to Charlotte OK, except that the flight attendant rips my carry-on in the overhead bin :rofl: . Then in Charlotte, the other airline has no record that I was booked on that flight. Got more worried until they finally resolved the issue just before the flight left.

So brack home after a 27-hour final itinerary. :yay: