[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 girls 1 cup is passe... the new thing is 3 frat boys 1 bucket

wiegie

One eye witness speaking on condition of anonymity, who is a member of the UW Greek community but not associated with Sigma Phi Epsilon, said the bucket contained a “slurry of vomit (and) urine with large brown chunks that could have been feces” and was dumped on three members’ heads. The source said he was standing across the street with an unobstructed view and could smell the contents of the bucket that made two of the students vomit.

http://badgerherald.com/news/2008/05/07/uw..._frat_after.php

(Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to say "fraternity men"--I would hate to denigrate the Greek system.)

Pretty gross but at least post the entire excerpt. You're almost as bad as the media with misquoting.

Sophomore Sigma Phi Epsilon member Patrick Kurkiewicz said the event is a tradition during which pledges have an opportunity to dump buckets with any contents on the older members of the fraternity.

“Nothing was happening that both sides didn’t agree to,” Kurkiewicz said, adding he did not see the event as hazing. “In my semester they put all sorts of crap in [the buckets].”

Pretty gross but at least post the entire excerpt. You're almost as bad as the media with misquoting.

Not exactly sure how this makes it any better. So I'm supposed to not be grossed out because the guys agreed to have a bucket full of vomit, urine, and crap dumped on them?

Not exactly sure how this makes it any better. So I'm supposed to not be grossed out because the guys agreed to have a bucket full of vomit, urine, and crap dumped on them?

It's not, but at least we know that they collectively agreed to be morans. :wacko:

Methinks Twiliey's point was that wiegie allowed his dislike of fraternities to paint this in a little different light than the facts support...

Methinks Twiliey's point was that wiegie allowed his dislike of fraternities to paint this in a little different light than the facts support...

Of course, the irony is that if it was simply a few guys who dumped buckets of this stuff on unsuspecting people, that would simply be a mean prank. The fact that these guys actually agreed to have this dumped on them is far more twisted and a much bigger indictment of the Greek system that Ouija allegedly hates.

The fact that these guys actually agreed to have this dumped on them is far more twisted and a much bigger indictment of the Greek system that Ouija allegedly hates.

Isn't this more of an indictment of the particular morans involved, rather than the Greek system in general?

Edited by yo mama

Isn't this more of an indictment of the particular morans involved, rather than the Greek system in general?

:wacko:

OK, to re-cap:

A post was made regarding some frat boys doing something particularly gross. Perhaps the intent was to poke fun at the Greek system, perhaps it was merely a random story about three idiots who happened to be Greek. I'm not speculating which. Regardless, Twiley took some offense, presumably because he was in a frat, but merely pointed out that all parties agreed. It is confirmed that his intention by bringing this fact to light was that leaving that fact out somehow made the act, and thus frats, seem worse that it was. I'm simply saying, if that's his defense of frats, it's pretty laughable.

"We frats may dump buckets of urine, vomit, and feces on each other, but at least we don't mind!"

That's really it.

He just posted a quote of a gross story.

In what light do you think he was painting it?

:D right, because this is a totally isolated incident. frat boys never do stupid chit like this to each other in the name of their fraternal manlove :wacko::D

Hey, I'm not defending these goofballs. But I've got no problem calling someone out if they're painting with too broad a brush/overgeneralizing. As Darin pointed out, it ain't like non-greek folks are devoid of doing stupid stuff. All I'm saying is these guys don't represent anyone's greek experience but their own.

:wacko: Because people that aren't in fraternities never do stupid stuff.

I didn't do a google search on it, but do you have a different example of college students who aren't involved in a fraternity who willingly let their friends dump excrement on their heads?

Hey, I'm not defending these goofballs. But I've got no problem calling someone out if they're painting with too broad a brush/overgeneralizing. As Darin pointed out, it ain't like non-greek folks are devoid of doing stupid stuff. All I'm saying is these guys don't represent anyone's greek experience but their own.
Sophomore Sigma Phi Epsilon member Patrick Kurkiewicz said the event is a tradition

:wacko:

OK, so maybe it represents their experience and the experience of many before them.

Listen, I'm not trying to bash the whole greek system. The other thread started shows how important these bonds are to those who get involved. That's great. I've got a ton of friends who were greek and my experiences at that age were not entirely different or devoid of sophomoric idiocy. However, like wiegie says, you simply don't find many, if any articles about institutional BS like this happening to non-affiliated kids of this age. I have a circle of friends from HS/College that may as well be a frat. We've done some crazy things together, stood by each other in times of need, and still talk rather frequently even 20 years later. And yes, we pulled some Jackass level stuff on each other over the years. Also, while not officially condoned, everybody understood the deal. At some point, somebody was going to screw with you and you just rolled with the punches. However, inclusion was a tad more organic. We didn't have votes to see who could join and, more specifically, there wasn't some initiation rite where you got a bucket of crap dumped on you (yes, I understand the above story is not an initiation rite, but it is a "tradition").

The thing is, we know that not every single guy to go through the greek system has a fetish for buckets of vomit/urine/crap. It's still damned funny and yet another example of the rather embarrassing nature of the system. To dig your heels in and remind us that this doesn't accurately reflect on Greek life just makes you look silly.

Edited by detlef

true enough. I mean, why can't these guys just teabag each other and hump goats and stuff like they do at normal frat boy hazings?