[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Music cross-overs that never worked

bushwacked

Ween's country album.

That album kicks ass. :wacko:

'you can piss up a rope and watch the pissy dribble' is one of the best lyrical phrases of all time....Not to mention the thing about 2% milk, washing my balls with a warm wet rag, and leaving me with no smokes.

Like a Japanese Cowboy

Like a Brother on Skates

Like a Blizzard in Georgia

Like a Train running Late.

C'mon. that is pure poetry....

Plus I'm not sure what Ween is crossing over from anyway.

Edited by bushwacked

I think Herbie Hancock tried his hand at electronic music once and boy did that bomb.

Some tune called Rockit, I think

I would just point out that herbie was recording electric music as far back as the late 60s, with miles, then of course the headhunters. really the bulk of what he did in the 70s was electric. not that "rockit" doesn't still classify as a "crossover" for him, and kind of a lame one.

Ween's country album.

Like Bush said, this kicks butt.

Didn't Pat Boone (or someone similar) try his hand at hip-hop or something? I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it screamed "FAIL" to me.

:D That's funny, back in the late '80's, I took an old record player and record to do some "scratchin'". That album was Pat Boone.

I think Herbie Hancock tried his hand at electronic music once and boy did that bomb.

Some tune called Rockit, I think

I hope you're kidding. :wacko:

I would just point out that herbie was recording electric music as far back as the late 60s, with miles, then of course the headhunters. really the bulk of what he did in the 70s was electric. not that "rockit" doesn't still classify as a "crossover" for him, and kind of a lame one.

Funny, because that was actually a joke and considering that it was likely his biggest hit, hardly a failure. I too, prefer Head Hunters and Thrust, BTW.

Ice Cube's 'Body Count' never really did it for me.

And as much as I love old school Oukast, their foray into - whatever it is they're doing now - doesn't resonate with me at all.

Neither did Ice T's but that's a good point. That band really sucked badly.

Edited by detlef

I'm not sure if this totally works here, but Kevin Costner's "band" is downright deplorable. He sent hundreds of partygoers heading for the doors of the Superdome at this year's Endymion Krewe Ball. What a :wacko: ...

Worse than The Return of Bruno?

mighta been heavy metal.

Yeah, Pat Boone released an album called [iNo More Mr Nice Guy: ]In A Metal Mood[/i]; I kinda recall "You've Got Another Thing Comin' " as being rather peppy, but the rest seems to have been locked away in some dark corner of my mind.

EDIT - just gave it a cursory revisit; "Holy Diver" may be true genious, and "Paradise City" is fantastic fun. :wacko:

Edited by Chavez