[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Property Taxes

Piles

I don't mean to be talking out of school here but if you are paying 8.8 million dollars for a 425k house you might consider moving or at least giving me a loan.

I'll have my people call your people

Georgia had assessment rates, but only 40% of the assessed value is taxable.

So I put in the net tax rates accounting for this, then the raw values afterward.

Quick equation

Price of house*.40/1000*28.750 (local millage rate for Cobb County, Other Counties vary and the city will tack on taxes as well)

My house is valued right around $300K on the tax rolls, (they don't know about the attic I've taken in to add about 500 sq ft of living space to the house, or the interior upgrades) and last year I paid $4,969 the year before that I paid $6,298. It varies from year to year depending on bond programs.

We have it pretty good in our county. Our home is on 3 acres with a small creek which flows all 12 months out of the year. We built the home 5 years ago. The house is 4500 square feet.

Our taxes are $2100 yearly.

You guys make me feel like Sally Sthrothers should be begging in my name.

We have it pretty good in our county. Our home is on 3 acres with a small creek which flows all 12 months out of the year. We built the home 5 years ago. The house is 4500 square feet.

Our taxes are $2100 yearly.

Yeah but apart from the creek you don't have any running water and your washing machine consists of a bunch of rocks at the edge of the creek. :wacko:

I just bought a house in a very small town in Oklahoma. My property taxes are going to be about $200/year.

FYI The house is 1500 Sq. feet (not including a 900 sq. ft. unfinished basement) with a 2 car garage sitting on 4 lots.

To be fair after my improvements the taxes may go up to $300/ year.

I just bought a house in a very small town in Oklahoma. My property taxes are going to be about $200/year.

FYI The house is 1500 Sq. feet (not including a 900 sq. ft. unfinished basement) with a 2 car garage sitting on 4 lots.

To be fair after my improvements the taxes may go up to $300/ year.

Yeah but you have to live near H8.

My property taxes went up 7.5% this year. But if you include new special assessments for street improvements made, it went up 41%.

I live in a small town in a small county in a house assessed at 135k. I pay 1.3%of assessed value in taxes and almost 2% including assessments.

So last year I paid about $1675 and this year it's almost $2400.