[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Color me jealous

Big Country

Yup... my Dad has booked his trip. He will be playing in the final $1500 NL event, which starts next Monday. In the chance he does cash, if it is for more than 10K, he will stay for the Main Event. If he wins it all, hopefully he will pay for me to play the Main Event as well. :wacko:

Tell him to play tight long enough to make sure he's not the first one eliminated.

The guys you hear about who are going all-in on their first hand and then promptly go home make me shake my head...you're not going to win the tourney on the first hand, much less the first day.

Anyhow, I digress ... tell him good luck from everyone here!

I would love to go out there next year and play in one of the $1,500 events. I couldn't swing the $10k one without a satellite to get into it. Good luck, BC's Dad!!!!

I wonder what the cheapest HORSE event is? That's what I've been playing mostly. I'm so bored with no limit hold 'em.

Tell him to play tight long enough to make sure he's not the first one eliminated.

Hard thing is you must make moves fairly early in the smaller buy in events. Blinds start at 25-50 I believe and you only have 3000 in chips. If you stay even for the first two levels you are down to about 20 bets (though I need to double check the structure, bu I believe it is 25-50, 50-100, 75-150)

Good luck to your dad doood!! Yea he is going to have to make strong agressive moves early if he wants to have a chance to saty alive in that tounament. Tournament play tottally different than cash players. If your a grinder tounament play is not for you.

If your a grinder tounament play is not for you.

Depends on the tourney structure. The smalelr buy in tournies, this is true.

But, deeper stacked tournies that have more play this is not totally true. Obviously you need to make moves, but you can be a bit more patient.

Hard thing is you must make moves fairly early in the smaller buy in events. Blinds start at 25-50 I believe and you only have 3000 in chips. If you stay even for the first two levels you are down to about 20 bets (though I need to double check the structure, bu I believe it is 25-50, 50-100, 75-150)

...no harm in being the second one eliminated...

Just don't be the first. :wacko:

Seriously, he's not out there to win (really), but to have a 'life experience' ... so drag it out ... try to go head to head with a named pro ... etc ... Everything else would be gravy (for me).

Well, my dad has survived to the first break, they are just heading back for level 3 which is 75-150 blinds.

I only had a brief moment ot chat with him. He said he chipped up a little bit early on taking a few small pots, then lost a decent chunk late in round 2. He went into the break with about 2000 in chips. Everyone started with 3000, so he is down a bit but still alive.

A little more detail at the 2nd break.

As mentioned above, he limped to the first break at 2K in chips. After bleeding a few more blinds, a player that had been pushing a lot did so again from early position. He had my dad covered. my dad had 66 and ended up calling, figuring he was in a race against overs. He was right as the other guy had KQ. Flop came down K, blank, blank. Turn was a blank. River was the two outer 6 and my Dad doubled up. He picked up a few more blinds along the way and made the second break with about 5K in chips. Blinds are at I believe 150-300 with a 25 ante (though this was an hour ago) so they may be up to 200-400 now. He also made a nice all in bluff with KJ on a board of Ace, ten, rag. His opponent laid down QQ.

I am taking my son to the Angels game shortly, so I will post any update when I get home for those that are interested.

Thanks for any support you all are throwing his way. No big name pros that he was aware of at any of his tables yet, though plenty are in the field.

Read one update right before the 2nd break that of the 2700 players, 1100 had already been knocked out, a pace of one player every 12 seconds and that if that pace were to hold, which it won't, they would finish the tourney in 9 hours instead of the 3 days it is scheduled for.

Edited by Big Country

Well, he got knocked out about 8:30, putting him somewhere in the 500-600 range. Not bad considering 2700 players, but not in the money. I'll talk to him tomorrow morning to get some more details, but I know he had a blast and will be staying in Vegas for a few more nights than probably heading out here to visit for a few days... I get to put him to work on a few chores around the house that I could use an extra set of hands on.

Yup... my Dad has booked his trip. He will be playing in the final $1500 NL event, which starts next Monday. In the chance he does cash, if it is for more than 10K, he will stay for the Main Event. If he wins it all, hopefully he will pay for me to play the Main Event as well. :wacko:

DMD needs to send your dad some Huddle t-shirts...a little free publicity never hurt!