[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This makes me sick...

Gopher

Link

This has been in the back of my mind for the past few days. It hits somewhat close to home because the older son, Michael, worked for me briefly back in February/March. Just a normal 20-year-old kid, who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, it appears. Very sad... I can't imagine what his mother and sister are going through losing three members of what was a family of five. Their mother made the decision to take the younger brother off life-support three days later.

Another article

The only "good" news is that police have a suspect in custody, a 21-year-old alleged gang member. Sadly, he is also a husband and father of a new baby. I just don't understand how some people view life as a game and think it's OK to go around shooting people for no apparent reason. What a waste.

Arrest

Seriously though... I'm not trying to make light of the situation just because he has a funny name. He could be named Buster Hymen and it would still be incredibly sad. :wacko:

Life is very short and precious... I'll remember this article as I hug and kiss my family tonight.

Gang violence is a sign of our times.

MS-13 in this case. One of the more violent and vile gangs. Suspect was arrested within a mile of where I grew up. Hearing stuff like this just makes me wanna be an omnipotent avenging superhero. :wacko:

Edited by slambo

Another senseless killing took place in my town in Michigan today to and it struck close to home. My house is for sale now and there was a shooting at the real estate office through which my house is on the market. The guy was mad because his house wasn't worth what it was in 2005 so he took it out on the real estate agent that sold him his house. My pregnant wife had to run by there last night to drop something off right before they closed or she would have been there about that time today. Sad world we live in. Would post a link but I don't have the mental capacity to do so at this time.

No kidding. Shows where our priorities are.

We try to clean up our streets but run into issues with profiling, poor immigration enforcement laws, etc... Last week they attempted to crack down on violence in a DC suburb by setting up checkpoints and checking ID's to ensure that people had a reason to be in the area, an area rife with violence and murders. Not a day after these check points went into effect, civil rights groups were screaming at the tops of their lungs about how the police were violating the civil rights of the citizens of the area.

We have our priorities correct, we just can't deploy these resources adequately because in doing so we seemingly offend certain segments of the population. Ironically, the ones complaining are the segment of the population we are trying to help.