[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not a great Tuesday

Fatman

So I left my house yesterday at the normal time (8:15) to head to work. I take a pretty busy one way residential street out of downtown Madison to head to my office near the airport. I'm about six blocks away from home going the speed limit (25) when all of a sudden a black Subaru is right in front of me. I t-bone the car on the passenger side front door. It makes one of the loudest sounds I've heard and my airbags go off. We come to a stop at the edge of the intersection and I sit there dazed for a moment. There is a really strange smell coming into the car from the vents and the air bags so I get out of the car quickly as a woman runs up to me saying that she's a nurse and that I should lie down. I get to the sidewalk and the driver of the Subaru comes over saying how sorry she is and that it was all her fault. She's fine and I'm just a little beat up - both of my arms are pretty sore and my left arm is pretty raw with scratches and bruises from the seatbelt/airbag. Ambulance, fire truck and cop show up a few minutes later and I get the once over from the EMTs. They give me a cold pack for my arm and I decline the ride to the hospital. I talk to the cop and he tells me that the woman said it was her fault and that he just needs my ID and info to put into the police report. Turns out the other driver isn't from Madison and was confused by all of the detour signs in the area (which there are a few right now) and blew threw a stop sign at the bottom of a hill. Thankfully both of us will be fine.

My car is pretty well destroyed, however. The entire front end was smashed and shifted to the right, hood crumpled, and the windshield was shattered on the passenger side from the airbag ( :wacko: ). Obviously I'm happy that we're both okay, but I'm a bit bummed about the car. It was a gift from my dad when I graduated college and was one that I really liked. It is just a car, though. I am amazed at the amount of damage done for traveling at pretty low speeds. I wear my seatbelt all the time and can tell you that I would be in MUCH worse shape if I hadn't been.

I started feeling a bit funny in the afternoon and eventually went in to see my doctor. He examined me and said my arms are both going to get pretty sore and swollen over the weekend, which is going to put a damper on the golf and badminton tournaments my family has every year for the 4th.

On a positive note, the doctor prescribed Vicodin for the pain, so now I get to live like MVP-era Brett Favre. :D

Glad everyone's okay-ish.

I'm shocked that the other driver was able to walk over to you to apologize. I'm guessing you t-boned her passenger side?

Do you want to be known as T-Bone or Koko? :wacko:

Yeah, her passenger side. Her car was pretty messed up, too.

It sucks about your car,but the most important thing is you and the girl came out of it alive.

Enjoy your vicodin 4th. :wacko:

What he said. Nice also that she lacked sufficient wit to deny responsibility to the cop.

What he said. Nice also that she lacked sufficient wit to deny responsibility to the cop.

+ :wacko:

On the back of my insurance card it says in big, bold letters "In case of accident DO NOT ADMIT FAULT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE"