[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ausome Auger TV commercial

Randall

Commercial says $19.95 but they'll give more augers plus drill for free if you pay extra shipping and processing. I :wacko: processing could $100 so I looked up complaints. Got this

6/25/2008 - Lisa writes:

In May 2008, I ordered 2 sets of the awesome auger through the automated telephone system. The infomercial was for the 3",4" auger plus the extension and the drill all for $19.95 plus S&H of $8.95. I did recieve 2 sets of augers but nothing else that was due me. The total charge for this order was $57.80. I like all the others before me have tried to call an endless number of times but alas, no live person just automation and music while I sit for long periods of time on hold. I think we all should report to the BBB, the Attorney General, and our credit card companies. I'm very disappointed with Billy as I've had success with other items he has promoted in the past, but I'm done with him now and with anything that he is promoting.

6/25/2008 - Gary writes:

Well, it looks like everyone has experienced the same as me. They are a scam and you need to report them to the Better Business Bureau today. They use an automated ordering system so you can't cancel on the phone. To my knowledge they did not give me a way to contact their customer service center. They charge more for S&P than the item is worth. Unfortunately from what I learned in talking to the US Postal Service and my credit card company, there is nothing I can do. So I did report them to the BBB and I am now reporting them on this site. I will also be looking for other sites to warn others about their scam business practices.

6/24/2008 - Rod McBreairty writes:

We ordered the auger in May 2008. When received it had just the 2 augers, no drill, nothing. I called the customer service number and was told to return it but there would be a restocking fee. Restocking fee plus postage plus mail tracker cost more than the auger. I still have not received a credit on my account. Somebody needs to stop this company. Rod McBreairty

6/22/2008 - Jim Misnik writes:

I ordered this awesome auger and was suppose get a bonus extension,auger and drill. What I got was 2 augers,no exstension,no drill and no additional auger. So scam and rip off

6/22/2008 - ted writes:

I also was stuck in the endless telephone loop while trying to order. I could not understand whether they wanted me to order more drills or just pay for S&H which I did not understand from thie ad. I eventually hung up thinking that would be the end of it, but about three weeks later the augers came, $52.00 for two sets. What a rip, only about $12.00 worth of product here. When I finally got thru to a customer service rep, he explained I had misunderstood and if I wanted the drills to go with them, it would cost another $52.00. I declined. I got a return authorization but after thinking about it for a while, I decided not to send them back since I would probably not get my money back and I can always use a different drill. They make a half decent paint mixer by the way.

I'm amazed people get sucked by these slimy TV ads. Must be the same people that give Bush a high approval rating. :D

If you google almost any TV ad, you will see that it is a scam. I literally sat here one night and each infomercial that came on I would google and see that it was reported as a scam. What is the worst of all is that they are not selling you junk for your money, it is that they will repeated overcharge you. Evidently when they offer anything for "free", they need your credit card and charge it anyway on the premise that most will finally give up.

Some of the things on TV are so ridiculous that I have no sympathy for people getting scammed per se but it doesn't end with just the listed price, they love to overcharge you. Repeatedly. I would NEVER EVER buy anything from an infomercial regardless how great it looked unless I happened to see one inside a store that would not overcharge me and that I could bring it back.

My favorite are commercials for foot pads that supposedly draw the impurities out of your body (which sounds astoundingly stupid) and they are just guaze soaked in vinegar that reacts to the moisture in your foot. Stupid. I find it all insulting intellectually and repugnent morally.

My wife bought the exact same augers at Lowe's for half the price. They are pretty small but she managed to burn out a Dewalt cordless drill planting bulbs. :wacko:

Probably all right if you need to dig little holes in soft soil.

This stuff Might putty is awesome though (not to be confused with This guy). I use it in my salt water tank to attach rock and it dries while wet. I don't think I would use it to do some of the stuff they show in the commercial though.

BTW- It costs half as much on other websites and in aquarium stores.

How about the Sham-Wow? It's made in Germany, so you know it's good.

Pssssst.... it is really just A FREAKING SHAMMY LIKE EVERY OTHER SHAMMY YOU SEE AT WALMART, AUTOZONE, ETC.!!!!!!

How about the Sham-Wow? It's made in Germany, so you know it's good.

I would buy nothing NUTHING!! from that little beady-eyed sham-wow guy. I would rather carpet-bomb the Rhine with Sham-Wows and suck that country dry than give that freak of nature one red American penny.

I saw an advertisement for these on tv the other night, and the first thing that I thought was that they must be playing tricks with camera angles and perspective to try to make them look a lot bigger than they really are. When a company needs to try to fool you into thinking it's product is something other than what it really is, then I'm pretty much going to pass.

• 3 months later...

Welp, I didn't want to say anything when this thread first popped up, 'cuz it likely would have just ended with me wearing a bag. :D

But umm, this thing f'in works like a charm. Yeah, they try to dupe you into buying a bunch of other crap, but if you have any brain cells, you order what you want and get what you want. These idiots that Randall quoted obviously have no clue.

I got my augers a few weeks after this thread was started and they sat in my garage for a few months, as it was too hot to really do any gardening/landscaping. Recently, though, I've done some fantastic work out in our front yard, replacing wild grass (and some random Josh Gordon-type plants) with white marble and mulching around the existing bushes.

The Awesome Auger was a frickin' godsend. That thing tore up roots like butter. Tilled the rather hard soil very well. My only complaint is that it does pop out of the drill from time to time. No biggie, just pop it back in and get back to work.

I may post some pics later. :D Just wanted to come on here, take off the bag :D ===> :D ... and tell y'all that this thing is not a scam... unless you let yourself get scammed by all the "extras". I think I paid like $30 after shipping/handling. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

My wife bought the exact same augers at Lowe's for half the price. They are pretty small but she managed to burn out a Dewalt cordless drill planting bulbs. :wacko:

Probably all right if you need to dig little holes in soft soil.

I couldn't find anything at Lowe's or Home Depot. The Awesome Auger comes with three sizes and an extender rod, which was totally necessary for what I was doing.

I saw an advertisement for these on tv the other night, and the first thing that I thought was that they must be playing tricks with camera angles and perspective to try to make them look a lot bigger than they really are. When a company needs to try to fool you into thinking it's product is something other than what it really is, then I'm pretty much going to pass.

:D Not really. Like I said above, there are three sizes, each which do a different task.

These things are gonna be a godsend - again - when I do our HUGH backyard. :D

I refuse to augur for planting bulbs anymore. The soil has to be pretty loose, and sometimes the bulb is too big for the hole (heh heh). I just use a spade shovel and plant 4-5 each hole (spaced out of course). Its much easier IMO.

I refuse to augur for planting bulbs anymore. The soil has to be pretty loose, and sometimes the bulb is too big for the hole (heh heh). I just use a spade shovel and plant 4-5 each hole (spaced out of course). Its much easier IMO.

I really didn't use mine for bulb holes. Really just breaking up roots and tilling the soil. And I found it was a nice option for Josh Gordon-eating when my Josh Gordon-whacker wasn't fitting into certain spots.

The biggest auger I got cut right through hard/packed soil. :wacko: