[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Almost got kicked out a hotel ...

isleseeya

Was at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan yesterday with my son , best friend and his boys ...Grand Hyatt was were the MLB all stars were staying for All star game ..Said it before but for those not aware my nephew works for MLB ( for past 13 years ) so he got us a room key and his room # which was required just to get into Hotel

sitting around waiting for some players to show up for about an hour and no one was appearing

Francona came out of elevator but would not sign nor would Pinella

then Justin Duschberger appeared and signed for everybody ...nice guy

I started checking hotel out and saw that on 2nd floor there was a separate hotel exit to Park Avenue ..alot of security people

went up there and they told me to get lost ...but did find out that players were at a breakfast in the ballroom ..tried that floor and they sent us away

waited 20 minutes went back to ballroom and security not at elevator door

walked around and thats where we met Mariano Rivera ..great guy and signed for all

was told to leave again

as it came closer to time for parade and players getting ready to leave found an area near an escalator with no security there and its there that we scored big time ...alot of really great players and friendly enough to approach

my son ended up getting signatures from Papelbon , Nathan , Mauer , dionne navaro , Ryan Braun , nate mcclouth ,Zambrano and then the crwon jewel Albert Pujols who is as wide as a house

security finally found us again and the guy started threatening to throw me out ... in the end it was all worth it

Tremendous game and even last night as well ...unfortunately i am exhausted today

Was at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan yesterday with my son , best friend and his boys ...Grand Hyatt was were the MLB all stars were staying for All star game ..Said it before but for those not aware my nephew works for MLB ( for past 13 years ) so he got us a room key and his room # which was required just to get into Hotel

sitting around waiting for some players to show up for about an hour and no one was appearing

Francona came out of elevator but would not sign nor would Pinella

then Justin Duschberger appeared and signed for everybody ...nice guy

I started checking hotel out and saw that on 2nd floor there was a separate hotel exit to Park Avenue ..alot of security people

went up there and they told me to get lost ...but did find out that players were at a breakfast in the ballroom ..tried that floor and they sent us away

waited 20 minutes went back to ballroom and security not at elevator door

walked around and thats where we met Mariano Rivera ..great guy and signed for all

was told to leave again

as it came closer to time for parade and players getting ready to leave found an area near an escalator with no security there and its there that we scored big time ...alot of really great players and friendly enough to approach

my son ended up getting signatures from Papelbon , Nathan , Mauer , dionne navaro , Ryan Braun , nate mcclouth ,Zambrano and then the crwon jewel Albert Pujols who is as wide as a house

security finally found us again and the guy started threatening to throw me out ... in the end it was all worth it

Tremendous game and even last night as well ...unfortunately i am exhausted today

So that is where you were at you slacker!!!!

I thought you had died or something.

I am glad you had an awesome time.

If I may play the Blitz/detlef role here.

Isn't it enough that you watch them play baseball? Why do you have to bother them where they sleep?

I can agree with this and will add, unless its on a piece of merchandise or a card that increases value ,who wants an autograph. But I dont have kids yet. I would guess when kids are involved its a different story.

I suppose I'm in a minority by not giving two chits about any of them once they are off the field. Sure, I admire the guys doing the community work and have contempt for the Pacmans but apart from that, why would I want to bug / speak to them at all any more than I'd bug / speak to some software engineer at the next table? :wacko:

I can agree with this and will add, unless its on a piece of merchandise or a card that increases value ,who wants an autograph. But I dont have kids yet. I would guess when kids are involved its a different story.

I am mostly convinced that kids only care about that crap because the adults convince them they should.

I am mostly convinced that kids only care about that crap because the adults convince them they should.

That may be true. But when I was little I got a couple autographs. My old man never cared about autographs and didnt collect cards or anything. But I can definately see your point.

good point , and i definitely believe my son who is 11 years old has heard me say how great this guy is and how much it could be worth one day , etc but at same time my son made it clear he enjoys meeting and is excited to meet players he sees on TV all the time

it is kind of cool ...

That may be true. But when I was little I got a couple autographs. My old man never cared about autographs and didnt collect cards or anything. But I can definately see your point.

that is basically how it used to be. but then money got involved, which is directly related to the whole adult aspect. now, it seems even the kids who are interested in it while their parents may not be are interested because, "ooh, that signed ball is worth $$". so in a roundabout way even then it's still basically adults putting them up to it, by having turned it into a commodity.

that is basically how it used to be. but then money got involved, which is directly related to the whole adult aspect. now, it seems even the kids who are interested in it while their parents may not be are interested because, "ooh, that signed ball is worth $$". so in a roundabout way even then it's still basically adults putting them up to it, by having turned it into a commodity.

On the bright side , he would never sell the ball he got signed by all those all stars nor some of the other ones he got signed over the year ...i certainly wouldn't want him to do so either

On the bright side , he would never sell the ball he got signed by all those all stars nor some of the other ones he got signed over the year ...i certainly wouldn't want him to do so either

:wacko:

I've got a bunch of stuff signed for my son that's in his room right now. I'd shoot him if he ever tried to sell it.

I suppose I'm in a minority by not giving two chits about any of them once they are off the field. Sure, I admire the guys doing the community work and have contempt for the Pacmans but apart from that, why would I want to bug / speak to them at all any more than I'd bug / speak to some software engineer at the next table? :wacko:

:highfive:

Save the Braun one. . .he's got a future in the game. . .and he's mishpuchah.
He has Jewish heritage, but I don't think he considers himself to be a Jew. He put the kibosh on Braun RotY yarmulkes that a local radio station was handing out last year.

He has Jewish heritage, but I don't think he considers himself to be a Jew. He put the kibosh on Braun RotY yarmulkes that a local radio station was handing out last year.

It's people like Chavez that ruin this board.