[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Network's top 10 most controversial call

bushwacked

10. Holy Roller game winning play

9. Bottle Gate (reviewing the play after Browns spiked ball)

8. Superbowl XL entire game

7. Sugar Bear Roughing the QB

6. Giants vs. 49ers (Pass interference, illegal man downfield)

5. Burt Emmanual's incomplete catch

4. Mike Renfro robbed of TD in playoffs

3. Music City Miracle

2. Tom Brady Tuck Play

1. Immaculate Reception

Hi. Pretty telling that #8 in a show on most controversial calls isn't a call, but a full game of calls. That's kind of like having a show dedicated to the worst songs of 2005 with #8 being the Dave Matthews Band.

Great point. Go ahead, you can count it as a win. :wacko:

10. Holy Roller game winning play

9. Bottle Gate (reviewing the play after Browns spiked ball)

8. FIXED.

7. Sugar Bear Roughing the QB

6. Giants vs. 49ers (Pass interference, illegal man downfield)

5. Burt Emmanual's incomplete catch

4. Mike Renfro robbed of TD in playoffs

3. Music City Miracle

2. Tom Brady Tuck Play

1. Immaculate Reception

one of the many BS calls that come to mind is the Vick TD where he dove and put his fist over the pylon for a TD and it was confirmed as a TD after the replay....and then that guy came on NFL Network to say this is in the rule book....

alright...fine...but why is everyone else so concerned about making sure they get the ball over?.....I never see anyone ever put a free hand over the pylon...they always use the ball and if I knew this was in the rule book, I wouldn't want to risk getting the ball swiped out or even losing grip....

:wacko:

[Poop Dick]FIXED[/Poop Dick]

I didn't make the list, it was the only one in the top 10 that was a game of calls instead of one particular call. The went through numerous calls and omitted numerous others; including how tackling a guy with the ball magically becoming an illegal block below the waist. :wacko:

Great point. Go ahead, you can count it as a win. :D

:D

[Poop Dick]FIXED[/Poop Dick]

I didn't make the list, it was the only one in the top 10 that was a game of calls instead of one particular call. The went through numerous calls and omitted numerous others; including how tackling a guy with the ball magically becoming an illegal block below the waist. :wacko:

Would you have posted the list if that game wasn't on it? Just saying... :D

Would you have posted the list if that game wasn't on it? Just saying... :D

That is a negative. But the Favre going on to another team thread wouldn't be anywhere near 10 pages long if there weren't Green Bay Fans posting in it either. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Come on now, you're talking about something that happened years ago... Favre's non-sense is ongoing.

Danny Partridge,

I posted a list off the newest NFL top 10 show.

You, budlitebrad, and Randull are posting about stuff that a lot of us aren't that interested in either.

Hi. Pretty telling that #8 in a show on most controversial calls isn't a call, but a full game of calls. That's kind of like having a show dedicated to the worst songs of 2005 with #8 being the Dave Matthews Band.

:wacko: LET IT GO ALREADY!!!

No* that*s for you to do*

D0ne

(In case you didn't notice, I cleverly used a zero instead of an 'O', that is to demonstrate the number of Super Bowl wins the Seahawks have. I'm clever that way.)

I am not so sure the Immaculate Reception belongs there...wasn't that a legal play at the time, but the rules have since been changed? I thought I heard Madden discussing this one night.

The other way around. Was not legal then but is legal now. At that time, a deflected pass was considered incomplete and not allowed be picked up before it fell to the ground.

Well, either that or all the "bad" calls from that game combined aren't worse than 7 other single calls on the list.

On another note, I think Stabler's "fumble" should be ranked higher than 10. Perhaps because (I think) it was only a regular season game but that was not simply a bad call. That was a completely horrible call on numerous levels.

Edited by detlef

The other way around. Was not legal then but is legal now. At that time, a deflected pass was considered incomplete and not allowed be picked up before it fell to the ground.

AAAAH...OK. I had it wardsback :wacko:

Thanks for clarifying, roomie!!

:wacko: I'm correcting BJ! Actually, a deflected pass off of an offensive player couldn't go straight to another offensive player and remain live. A defender would have to have tipped the ball BEFORE it went into another offensive player's hands. The crux of the play was did Tatum or Fuqua touch the ball (replays are inconclusive) before Harris snagged it before it hit the ground (another fact that is inconclusive, but he doesn't look like he's quite touching his toes).

Edited by Pope Flick