[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Step Brothers

TDFFFreak

Saw this movie tonight, it was pretty good. By the same guys who did Anchorman. It drags in some parts, but it's fun watching Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly acting like man children. This shtick may good old sooner or later, but not quite yet.

I give the film a B-. Enjoyable for the most part, but can't quite hold a candle to other Aptow produced stuff like 40 Year Old and Superbad.

Edited by TDFFFreak

horrible reviews. said that they both essentially play the same character which gets dreadfully old very fast. can't see putting myself through this.

Actually, I believe it's in the mid-50% range on rotten tomaotes. Not great, but not awful either. If you like this brand of comedy, there's a chance you will like it. As I said, it was enjoyable enough, but far from a great movie.

My wife who is a fan of Will Ferrell saw it on Friday evening and it was soo bad and uses the F word so much she walked out of the theatre after 20 minutes and got a free ticket to see another movie later. She was very dissappointed. :wacko:

Never have been impressed with Will F.

I thought Anchorman was great, and Stranger that Fiction is absolute genius, but I agree with the statement outside of those two movies. I did love Talledaga nights due to John C. Reilly. I don't think he's ever done a bad job. And yes I thought Walk Hard was great.

I am a hugh Ferrel fan. As dumb as it was I could watch Blades of Glory over and over again and crack up every time (I actually wasnt crazy about it after seeing it in the theatre but watched it on demand a few months ago and loved it for some reason) . Old School was great. He is good in his small parts too like in Wedding Crashers. Elf was an awesome movie. Anchorman was great. When your style of humor is that sophmoric type of movie you are bound to have some clunkers .

Edited by whomper

I avoid Will Farrell movies like the plague...... Is it me or has some of the worse movies ever made starred ex-SNL members.

No doubt some bad movies by X snl people but for the most part some of the best Movies I have ever seen were done by SNL people. Bill Murray, Belushi, Sandler, Mike Meyers, Eddie Murphy. Some classic stuff from that show hit the big screen

I am a hugh Ferrel fan. As dumb as it was I could watch Blades of Glory over and over again and crack up every time (I actually wasnt crazy about it after seeing it in the theatre but watched it on demand a few months ago and loved it for some reason) . Old School was great. He is good in his small parts too like in Wedding Crashers. Elf was an awesome movie. Anchorman was great. When your style of humor is that sophmoric type of movie you are bound to have some clunkers .

Isn't that Will Ferrel in your picture? :wacko: