[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A question for Red Sox Nation.

SLAYER

Say perhaps the Sox stumble finish third in the division and miss the palyoffs. Will the Nation fall apart? No seriously will the Nation forgive, blame it on injuries and Manny. Use Manny as a scaprgoat and let him walk. Will the Nation demand more than that? Francona's job? Will the Nation be abck for 09?

:wacko:

Seriously? Ever heard of Millar? The mediocre player that Boston made incredible? Ortiz...that guy was average until he got here. Atleast now we have a solid LF and a decent bat (Not saying Bay is an equal hitter but a decent one that should get better). Ortiz probably won't see another fast ball or strike for that matter. WE AREN'T FALLING APART...

Edited by SuperBalla

The way the Sox kowtowed to Manny over the years was shameful, really. He got away with more crap that nobody else could because of his hitting ability. His production has dropped off the last couple years, who knows? Maybe the change of scenery will perk him up. Winning is a great deodorant, as they say.

:wacko:

Seriously? Ever heard of Millar? The mediocre player that Boston made incredible? Ortiz...that guy was average until he got here. Atleast now we have a solid LF and a decent bat (Not saying Bay is an equal hitter but a decent one that should get better). Ortiz probably won't see another fast ball or strike for that matter. WE AREN'T FALLING APART...

It was all stated as a hypothetical question. reread my question. But yes you are more vunerable this year than in the past. Didn't say you were falling apart, is this some fear you have, you want to talk about it.

It was all stated as a hypothetical question. reread my question. But yes you are more vunerable this year than in the past. Didn't say you were falling apart, is this some fear you have, you want to talk about it.

I think you're projecting.

Did you know there are young Yankee fans who've gone their entire lives without seeing the Yankees win the World Series? It's sad. I cry sometimes.

I miss him already. Good old Krusty.

I used to really hate him because he never looked like he gave a crap. But I learned to like him.

Anyway, good luck winning over another city of fans. I bet it doesn't happen.

Cleveland said the same thing 8 years ago. Back then we thought Manny couldn't speak English. Now that he's proven that he has, maybe it was better when he didn't.

I think you're projecting.

Did you know there are young Yankee fans who've gone their entire lives without seeing the Yankees win the World Series? It's sad. I cry sometimes.

AHHHHH Atomic, thanks for the early morning chuckle my man.

In all seriousness, Manny was my favorite player, by far. Does it suck to see him go? Hell, yea it does. But, it also sucked to see Boggs, Rocket, and Pedro go too. The powers that be know what they're doing, I trust them as a fan. Shoot, a couple of rings the past 10 years doesn't hurt that at all.

As far as Jason Bay goes, who was hitting in front and behind him in Pittsburg? Are they even close to being in caliber with the likes of Lowell, Youk, or Drew?

I will miss Mannys clutch time, especially against the Bronx Pukes. But, we can only keep rooting and things will be alright. I have no doubt!! Thanks for the memories amigo and good luck 3000 miles away where most people on the east coast will be asleep by the time you start playing so there does not have to be any updates of you muffing a fly ball or talking on your cell phone in left field.

Edited by peteteacher2001

Good ole effing Red Sox nation!!!!

WE??? from Baton Rouge, LA and Boulder, CO :wacko: can't wait to hear the connection

I see all these clowns around Phoenix rocking Red Sawx gear,

I have a good friend born and raised on the west coast who has never been to Bawston or Fenway and he is a die hard Sawx fan -

:D stay red hot

WE??? from Baton Rouge, LA and Boulder, CO :wacko: can't wait to hear the connection

I see all these clowns around Phoenix rocking Red Sawx gear,

I have a good friend born and raised on the west coast who has never been to Bawston or Fenway and he is a die hard Sawx fan -

:D stay red hot

Are you a Diamondbacks fan? FWIW, I too despise bandwagon jumpers but I do know for a fact that Atomic isn't one, coming as he does from the NorthEast.

Are you a Diamondbacks fan? FWIW, I too despise bandwagon jumpers but I do know for a fact that Atomic isn't one, coming as he does from the NorthEast.

fair enough, he probably is- but this whole Red Sawx nation makes me want to puke - I went to 2 games last year in Fenway, which is off the charts as far as the park and overall experience, so much fun pre and post game. In talking with alot of the locals, they hated the whole Red Sox nation garbage and the fact that at some point they became America's Team.

Goin to Wrigley next weekend for the first time- Cards in town, I can't freakin wait!!!!

I had to listen to one of my best friends growing up go on and on about the Sox, and he had never even been to Massachusetts - solid.

and no I am not a DBacks fan. Born and raised in Seattle, M's all the way. If the DBacks do make the playoffs, I would pull for them vs any team except for da Cubs probably - just be cool to have the NLCS/WS in town.

AHHHHH Atomic, thanks for the early morning chuckle my man.

In all seriousness, Manny was my favorite player, by far. Does it suck to see him go? Hell, yea it does. But, it also sucked to see Boggs, Rocket, and Pedro go too. The powers that be know what they're doing, I trust them as a fan. Shoot, a couple of rings the past 10 years doesn't hurt that at all.

As far as Jason Bay goes, who was hitting in front and behind him in Pittsburg? Are they even close to being in caliber with the likes of Lowell, Youk, or Drew?

I will miss Mannys clutch time, especially against the Bronx Pukes. But, we can only keep rooting and things will be alright. I have no doubt!! Thanks for the memories amigo and good luck 3000 miles away where most people on the east coast will be asleep by the time you start playing so there does not have to be any updates of you muffing a fly ball or talking on your cell phone in left field.

The Pirates have changed their lineup several times this season. In front of him was usually Freddy Sanchez, and sometimes Nate McLouth. Behind him was usually Adam LaRoach or Xavier Nady.

The Red Sox will love Jason Bay. He is a very good hitter, a solid fielder (though his arm isn't very strong), and, most importantly, he is a model citizen in the clubhouse and off the field. I've never heard anything negative mentioned about Bay. All evidence shows that he is a solid teammate, good with the media & fans, and he even did a lot in the community in Pittsburgh. The Pirates, in my opinion, made a great trade for themselves to build for the future, but, the Red Sox got one hell of a player.

The Pirates have changed their lineup several times this season. In front of him was usually Freddy Sanchez, and sometimes Nate McLouth. Behind him was usually Adam LaRoach or Xavier Nady.

The Red Sox will love Jason Bay. He is a very good hitter, a solid fielder (though his arm isn't very strong), and, most importantly, he is a model citizen in the clubhouse and off the field. I've never heard anything negative mentioned about Bay. All evidence shows that he is a solid teammate, good with the media & fans, and he even did a lot in the community in Pittsburgh. The Pirates, in my opinion, made a great trade for themselves to build for the future, but, the Red Sox got one hell of a player.

Sox fans are generally very welcoming to new guys. I remember the ovation for Drew's first game, and for even Lugo when he first got there.

Considering all the crap that Manny pulled the past few years, and especially this week, I say he gets a hugh standing O from the crowd tonight. And I'd love to see him get off to a great start to win over the Manny-hangers-on.

Heard a rumor (but can't find confirmation yet) that he made a large donation to Schilling's charity and Schill gave him his #38. If that's true, he's off to a great start in Boston :wacko:

Schilling had said on the radio that his number 38 would be available for Bay in return for a donation to the cause. Good for him. Manny was like the girl with the curl on his forehead: when he was good, he was very, very good. When he was bad, he was awful I'm hoping the speculation that Bay will be much better in the Sox stronger lineup holds true.

As things stood, I could see no way the Sox were making the playoffs this year. The way they were playing, they didn't deserve to. Stinky as Hansen was for us, he was at least a warm body in the reliever's role and now they don't have him, either. I think their outlook is improved, though, despite all that.

I happy that it's finally over. I loved Manny as a hitter, but not his shinanigans. I think there is a renewed spirit in the club house. Manny might do well the rest of the year and for part of next year but he'll do something stupid down the line. Don't know much about Bay, just watched the press conference, excited to see what he can do. I think we gave up to much but it just makes the point that they had to get him out of town.

Oh and as a long suffering (and recently blessed) NE sports fan unless the organization does something that I don't agree with I'm a fan for life, through the good and the bad.

Go Sox!

All evidence shows that he is a solid teammate, good with the media & fans, and he even did a lot in the community in Pittsburgh. The Pirates, in my opinion, made a great trade for themselves to build for the future, but, the Red Sox got one hell of a player.

Sorry man but the Pirates have no future IMO. They don't want to pay anybody. Seems like every time they get a couple good players they ship them out...

I know it might be crazy being a Sox fan from louisiana but...I grew up liking Boggs and Greenwell. I am not a bandwagoner. Big John and Rajn can vouch that I said my favorite pro football team was the Patties cause of the Sox. <fantasy has diluted my ability to have a favorite pro team>

I loved Manny but it was time. Good bye and thanks for the good times...

Glad I got to see ya in Houston this year in the Red Sox jersey. Geaux Sox!

Edited by SuperBalla

I grew up in CT. My grandfather took me to Fenway park for the first time when I was 6 or 7 years old to watch Yaz, Boggs and Rice. Both sides of my family have been Sox fans for life.

I did not stop rooting for them just because I moved Colorado in 1999.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Sorry man but the Pirates have no future IMO. They don't want to pay anybody. Seems like every time they get a couple good players they ship them out...

I would have agreed with you anytime during the last 12 years, but, they do FINALLY have a future. Baseball is far from fair, but, there is a blueprint for how a small market team can compete. The A's, Twins, & Marlins have written that blueprint. You load up with young talent, take your chances while they are under contract, trade them away when their contract comes up, and start all over again. The Pirates FINALLY have figured it out. Both their trades this year were exactly what they need to do. Take a shot on 4 to 5 minor leaguers with upside and hope some of them come through. With McLouth & Doumit to build around, the future actually looks the best it has for the Pirates in several years.

Today's news includes a story about Manny asking to stay in Boston just one hour after the trade was finalized. His agent (Boras) called Sox management and promised that Manny wouldn't be a problem for the rest of the season if they'd let him stay. Guess that little tantrum didn't work out for him when they finally called his bluff.

Today's news includes a story about Manny asking to stay in Boston just one hour after the trade was finalized. His agent (Boras) called Sox management and promised that Manny wouldn't be a problem for the rest of the season if they'd let him stay. Guess that little tantrum didn't work out for him when they finally called his bluff.

doh!

Boras = total cancer. In the NFL, there are some teams that either flat out won't deal with him (most noticeable on draft day) or are leaning that way. Dunno about baseball but as a GM, I would have a VERY hard time considering a Boras player. Part of the Boras methodology is to violently rock the franchise boat at some point during a contract however good it is. Hopefully, more and more franchises in all sports will play hardball with him or not play at all.

I grew up in CT. My grandfather took me to Fenway park for the first time when I was 6 or 7 years old to watch Yaz, Boggs and Rice. Both sides of my family have been Sox fans for life.

I did not stop rooting for them just because I moved Colorado in 1999.

haha nice story....if you were bill swerski you would have become a rockies fan and rooted for them in the world series last year

czarina....that story were hearing around here..is exactly what i said the sox should have done before the trade went down...sit him down and ask for 3 months of play in return for his freedom....woulda been real easy

jason bay is enjoying his little honeymoon period against the reeling a's....lets see what happens when the going gets rough....because people are going to have a hard time swallowing this if the sox dont make the playoffs...or get ousted from them

i just dont understand sending off a hall of famer(whos not in the twilight of his career, although, not in his prime either) off in the heat of pennant race when it arguably makes the team weaker....although it was nice to get at least something in return

haha nice story....if you were bill swerski you would have become a rockies fan and rooted for them in the world series last year

I rooted like hell for the Rockies in Game 4 last year...

... because I had tickets to game 5, and I flew my father out to Colorado to go to a Red Sox World Series game with me.

Stupid Rockies couldn't win one stupid game.