[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall suspension of 4 weeks?

Bronco Billy

Adam Scheffter reported on 850 AM radio in DEN in an interview that league sources have told him that a suspension for Brandon Marshall was going to be for 4 weeks, and further, that the ruling could come down "at any minute now".

He later discussed the suspension, refering to length of suspension being 4, 3, 2, or 1 week... :wacko:

I hope its 4 weeks, he slips in my draft, cause I will draft him still if the value in the pick is there. He'll come out like gangbusters, just like J Allen did last year.

I hope its 4 weeks, he slips in my draft, cause I will draft him still if the value in the pick is there. He'll come out like gangbusters, just like J Allen did last year.

Casual FF'ers seem to be avoiding him like the plague which I really don't understand. I've seen him slip into 7th/8th round territory with the likes of Driver/Coles/Cotchery/Galloway/K.Curtis. :wacko::D:D

Casual FF'ers seem to be avoiding him like the plague which I really don't understand. I've seen him slip into 7th/8th round territory with the likes of Driver/Coles/Cotchery/Galloway/K.Curtis. :wacko::D:D

and I will pounce on him if thats the case

The biggest mistake you can make is to deduct 25% of the guy's anticipated #s and ranking him accordingly. If you think he'd be good for 1200 and 10 for a year, he's better than a guy who you've got for 900 and 7 because, while he's in there, he's going to put up numbers like a guy good for 1200 and 10. You just need to keep the seat warm. I too will be snapping him up if and when he falls a bit later than he should.

Chris Henry received 4 weeks, I am guessing something in that range, though both are completely different scenarios so who really knows.

Exactly...Henry has a long and checkered past...this is Marshall's first dealing with the Commish. If there is any kind of suspension, I say 2 games.

Well, listening to Scheffter this morning, it was all about Lynch. Not one word about Marshall, what his inside-the-league-office sources told him, not one word about the suspension that was going to come down "any minute" yesterday morning, nothing.

:wacko:

The biggest mistake you can make is to deduct 25% of the guy's anticipated #s and ranking him accordingly. If you think he'd be good for 1200 and 10 for a year, he's better than a guy who you've got for 900 and 7 because, while he's in there, he's going to put up numbers like a guy good for 1200 and 10. You just need to keep the seat warm. I too will be snapping him up if and when he falls a bit later than he should.

It depends on your leagues scoring rules and playoff advancement. For instance, if you happen to play in a certain popular high stakes league where total points are as, or more important, than overall record; with the regular season ending at Week 11; I might de-value Marshall more than a league where 6 out of 12 teams make it to the playoff rounds after Week 13 based on record alone.

It depends on your leagues scoring rules and playoff advancement. For instance, if you happen to play in a certain popular high stakes league where total points are as, or more important, than overall record; with the regular season ending at Week 11; I might de-value Marshall more than a league where 6 out of 12 teams make it to the playoff rounds after Week 13 based on record alone.

The point is. If Marshall gives you 9 TDs and 1000 yards over a suspension shortened season, he's more valuable than a guy who gives you the same numbers over the whole season because you were able to start a guy in in place for the games he missed. Thus, you get Marshall's 9 and 1000 plus whatever numbers the guy who you started in his place out of that roster spot. That's all I'm saying.

Wait a second. Per an AP story...

Marshall also has a September trial on a drunken driving arrest on October 2007.

I'm pretty sure Goodell will wait until after the September trial to decide on any suspension. That means we'll all be going into drafts pretty uncertain. Not good. Probably means people will assume everything is okay if Marshall hasn't been suspended when Week 1 rolls around. That could be a mistake.

I think I'll start the fear propaganda ASAP with my local league mates. :wacko:

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Adam Schefter reported earlier it will be a 3 week suspension that could be reduced to 2 weeks with counseling. I was changing a diaper so I didn't hear it all that well but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. This could have been speculation on Schefter's part as well.

Adam Schefter reported earlier it will be a 3 week suspension that could be reduced to 2 weeks with counseling. I was changing a diaper so I didn't hear it all that well but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. This could have been speculation on Schefter's part as well.

I heard the same thing this morning on DEN sports radio - no link.

3 week suspension with a reduction to 2 weeks with counseling.

So, I'm just trying to distill this a bit.

So assuming this 3 maybe 2 thing is correct... There's also some other trial coming up in September that we need to worry about? Is there any precedent for a guy to get another suspension in the same year for something that was basically known when the first suspension was levied?

Gut instinct from those in Den. How many total games to you see this f'ing misfit missing this year?

I heard the same thing this morning on DEN sports radio - no link.

3 week suspension with a reduction to 2 weeks with counseling.

Maybe I am biased as a Marshall owner in two leagues, but...as a first time offender, wouldn't even two games be a little harsh, given what Marshawn Lynch did...and received no punishment for?

Eventho I'm a Denver Homer, I think it's a good thing.

First, Marshall needs counseling. I would've preferred seeing three games or one with counseling.

Second, Lynch had a traffic violation, not a criminal one. That's all. There's nothing else to it.

And from what I heard, Lynch was not punished at all because he pleaded guilty. Not sure why that would matter, but thats ust what I read somewhere.

Eventho I'm a Denver Homer, I think it's a good thing.

First, Marshall needs counseling. I would've preferred seeing three games or one with counseling.

Second, Lynch had a traffic violation, not a criminal one. That's all. There's nothing else to it.

What Lynch did was much more serious than a traffic violation...it was, in fact, a criminal act. His lawyer got it gown to a traffic violation, knowing full well that the league does not suspend for traffic violations.

However, Goodell has suspended players (see Jones, Adam and Henry, Chris) who have been been linked to certain activities but never found guilty. Now...I know their pasts and Lynch's past is no comparison, which is may be why Goodell ruled as he did. My point is that just because it was plea-bargained down to a traffic violation does not mean that Goodell does not see the act itself for what it was...criminal. It should have led to a different ruling. That it did not makes me curious as to why Marshall gets 2 or 3 games and Lynch got zero.

That's all I am saying...how does one walk and another sit for 2 - 3 games? Possibly the Commish is trying to keep Marshall from getting into even more serious trouble, as he seems to be linked with a few issues (whereas Lynch only had the one)? Just seems very random to me.

Edited by The Wolf

ESPN News is showing 3 weeks suspension....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=3518396

DENVER -- Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall will be suspended for three games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to a report on the NFL Network.

The report cited NFL sources. It also said the suspension could be trimmed to two games if Marshall agrees to undergo counseling.

Marshall met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in the commissioner's New York office on July 18.

Marshall is scheduled to go on trial in September after a drunk driving arrest in October 2007. In addition to that arrest, he was arrested on a domestic-violence warrant filed by his former girlfriend in Atlanta on March 6. Charges were dropped.

He has been arrested three times since joining the NFL in 2006.

Marshall caught 102 passes for 1,325 yards and seven touchdowns last season.

If he is suspended, Marshall will still be able to practice during the preseason. However, he will miss the start of the regular season and can't practice after Sept. 2 while he is suspended. Denver opens Sept. 8 in Oakland, then hosts San Diego on Sept. 14.