[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me?

Seahawks21

The HOF game kicks off in just a handful of hours, and I don't see a thread on it. In past years, I would have friends asking me to come over and watch it. The game would be advertised and talked about and written about and yada yada yada...

To be honest, I don't even know who is playing. I think the Colts and somebody, right?

My questions....

Is it just me that has been busy, or is excitement truly down?

Is the kickoff just not as big of a story this year due to the fact that there are other major sports stories? (e.g. Favre, Manny, Olympics, etc)

In all honesty, everyone I've talked to lately has just been overwhelmed with life and unable to get excited about football just yet - including myself.

Markets are lower and times are harder than they were last year - people are trying to get bye right now.

I'm sure it will pick up over the next few weeks.

In all honesty, everyone I've talked to lately has just been overwhelmed with life and unable to get excited about football just yet - including myself.

Markets are lower and times are harder than they were last year - people are trying to get bye right now.

Good info here. I'm in a lot of leagues and I'm confident it'll be the same or better than it's been up to now but it's too early to bother with yet apart from necessary commish duties. There's the business of living to address first.

My thoughts exactly. We get a thread in here about this time every year questioning the enthusiasm of NFL fans in general and fantasy football fans in particular, but as soon as it gets close to opening day, the excitement factor amps way up. I'm sure that will be the case again this year.

I'm not sure you should be embarrassed that you didn't know there was a pre-season game on tonight.

or either of you for not knowing it's tomorrow.

I get fired up for all of about 10 mins, ie enough to see one series from whatever starters or FF-worthy players play, then it's off to re-runs or history channel or something truly interesting.

August really is overrated for football/FF "excitement" except for draft day.

The excitement level around the HOF game is way down this year for an obvious reason - no HOF inductees that played for the Cowboys. Once you get some Dallas preseason games, it all ramps up quickly. :wacko:

Well; myself. I am so giddy with anticipation I can hardly stand it. , If this season is half as exciting as last yr. It will amp me up even more for the next one. Granted ,HOF weekend is alot of pomp and circumstance, but for me ;it is the begining of the next chapter, Economy, election year whatever,the hell with all that nonsense it's football season man!!!

:D I'ts definetely you (s). :wacko: