[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which sleeper will remain asleep this year?

Randall

Troy Williamson

Screw me once, shame on you.

Screw me twice, shame on me.

Screw me three times, I am an idiot.

I won' be screwed a fourth time.

OK boys...have a good time poking fun at me on my choice of the word "screw!" :wacko:

I wouldn't really call him a Sleeper, Sleeper but Matt Schaub. Granted the Offensive line in theory should be a tab bit better this season, but I just don't see that.

-Schaub has never played a full season

-Injured last year

-Concussion last year [always means it is easier to get them after the 1st one]

-They play in a very pass happy division minus Titans

-Top target was hurt last year and will be susceptible to injury again this year.

-No running game which means, yes he will throw more, but left open to more mistakes from in inexperience at the QB position.

I just don't feel like he will perform well "if" he makes it through the whole season.

Schaub Projections -

3200 passing yards, 19 Tds, 13 Ints

Nate Burleson.

Q: Who had more TDs last year (9) than Santonio Holmes, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Torry Holt, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, Laveranues, Coles, Bobby Engram, Joey Galloway, Roddy White, Bernard Berrian, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Mason, Kellen Winslow, and Roy Williams?

A: Nate Burleson.

And DJ Hackett's gone. And Deion Branch is no sure thing health-wise. And Bobby Engram's had contract issues. Maybe it's just me, but I like Burleson a lot this year as a WR4, which is about where you can get him. :wacko:

Edited by msaint

Q: Who had more TDs last year (9) than Santonio Holmes, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Torry Holt, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, Laveranues, Coles, Bobby Engram, Joey Galloway, Roddy White, Bernard Berrian, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Mason, Kellen Winslow, and Roy Williams?

A: Nate Burleson.

:wacko:

Ricky Williams - he doesn't have enough heart to make the kind of comeback that is required of him.

Sorry but I don't agree.

When he went to Boston last year and went through intense psycho-therapy I believe he changed. He had a psych problem and got treatment for it too late.

When he was excelling in Miami it was Ricky and defense. Wannstedt leaned on him considerably. I believe he has shown a lot of heart, a lot of bone headed moves too, but a lot of heart.

Whatever his legacy turns out to be is still being written.

Sorry but I don't agree.

When he went to Boston last year and went through intense psycho-therapy I believe he changed. He had a psych problem and got treatment for it too late.

When he was excelling in Miami it was Ricky and defense. Wannstedt leaned on him considerably. I believe he has shown a lot of heart, a lot of bone headed moves too, but a lot of heart.

Whatever his legacy turns out to be is still being written.

Well I certainly don't have a crystal ball, but I think that there is enough evidence to NOT believe in Ricky Williams. If you're correct (and part of me hopes that you are) then it will be out of character from what Ricky has been able to show us in recent history. Obviously the coaches and front office in Miami think along the same lines as you do, so he's definitely going to get an opportunity to shut us unbelievers up. But still I'll take my roster risks elsewhere this season.

:wacko:

Gros, are you :D at the veracity of my info or :D at being surprised, like I definitely was, to remember that Nate Burleson of all people had more TD catches than all of those bigger name/more highly (fantasy) regarded dudes?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jse...mp;d-447263-p=1

What about Devin Hester?

There are a lot of people out my way that seem to think Hester is going to be able to transform the horrible Chicago Bears offense. I just do not buy into it. It will take a lot more then some speed on the outside to make me consider drafting him any where near the top 5-7 rounds. Unless your league counts kick returns which if it does changes things a bit, (maybe 5 or 6 TD's on returns could help), but looking at him as a #1 WR on any team should be out of the question.

What about Devin Hester?

There are a lot of people out my way that seem to think Hester is going to be able to transform the horrible Chicago Bears offense. I just do not buy into it. It will take a lot more then some speed on the outside to make me consider drafting him any where near the top 5-7 rounds. Unless your league counts kick returns which if it does changes things a bit, (maybe 5 or 6 TD's on returns could help), but looking at him as a #1 WR on any team should be out of the question.

Not sure he's a sleeper but is over valued.

I wouldn't really call him a Sleeper, Sleeper but Matt Schaub. Granted the Offensive line in theory should be a tab bit better this season, but I just don't see that.

-Schaub has never played a full season

-Injured last year

-Concussion last year [always means it is easier to get them after the 1st one]

-They play in a very pass happy division minus Titans

-Top target was hurt last year and will be susceptible to injury again this year.

-No running game which means, yes he will throw more, but left open to more mistakes from in inexperience at the QB position.

I just don't feel like he will perform well "if" he makes it through the whole season.

Schaub Projections -

3200 passing yards, 19 Tds, 13 Ints

I have to disagree, although the #'s you projected aren't awful. Basically, your argument is he got hurt last year and so did AJ. So ok, there's the risk of that. But "never played a full season?" - He's only been a starter for one year :wacko:

I have to disagree, although the #'s you projected aren't awful. Basically, your argument is he got hurt last year and so did AJ. So ok, there's the risk of that. But "never played a full season?" - He's only been a starter for one year :wacko:

I know. That is kind of my point. He is really unproven.

Gros, are you :wacko: at the veracity of my info or :D at being surprised, like I definitely was, to remember that Nate Burleson of all people had more TD catches than all of those bigger name/more highly (fantasy) regarded dudes?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jse...mp;d-447263-p=1

For sure. But its also good to remember that 52 NFL receivers had more receiving yards. Granted, Burleson did a lot with the 50 receptions TD-wise, but his 52.6% reception ratio and almost 700 yards left a lot to be desired. And it wasn't like he didn't get targeted in the passing game (95 targets - 47th most last year).

No one is drafting Burleson early and I think he's a great value for where he can be had. But if this year is anything like last year he'll have more value in TD-heavy, non-PPR leagues.

Edited by yo mama