[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to the....... JETS

darin3

but what if they trade him to tampa who then trades him to minny :wacko:

You do realize that lawyers draw up contracts? I'm sure that if the Jets traded him to the Calgary Flames and then he ended up with MIN after passing through the Orlando Magic that the Jets would still owe 3 1st round picks to GB.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that lawyers draw up contracts? I'm sure that if the Jets traded him to the Calgary Flames and then he ended up with MIN after passing through the Orlando Magic that the Jets would still owe 3 1st round picks to GB.

i was kidding. :wacko:

but hey what if the Minn Vikings changed their name :D

Edited by keggerz

I actually thought about that - it's worth consideration that the Jets might seek to gain by getting Favre to MIN through a third party.

I thought about it too, but from a practical standpoint, wouldn't the Jets have hell to pay throughout the league from other teams if they knowingly and intentionally circumvented a trade clause designed to do specifically what the Packers were looking to avoid? As would the team that facilitated the deal?

I think they would kind of be pariahs to the rest of the league.

Penningtin going to the Jets :D I thought he was on the Jets. :D

Maybe they'll release him and bring him back and then your post would make sense :wacko:

Wow, you burned me good there... Sorry for my mistakes Mr. Huddle Police officer. Have you nothing better to do than to troll a football forum?

Wow, you burned me good there... Sorry for my mistakes Mr. Huddle Police officer. Have you nothing better to do than to troll a football forum?

I probably still get a little bit more done in a day than you. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2528068

:slap: you might need a girlfriend. :rofl:

or I'm sure the hottie in your avatar is your chick :wacko::D:D:guns::rofl::D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::rofl:

Just is case anyone missed it in the other Favre thread...

:wacko: <<<<<<<<<<<<< Favre currently towards GB.

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<<Favre at the end of this year.

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<<Favre Next year

:D <<<<<<<<<<Favre for the next 5 years after that.

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<< Me during this whole process....and towards the 33 pages of useless posts I have not wasted my time reading.

carry on

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<< Me during this whole process....and towards the 33 pages of useless posts I have not wasted my time reading.

carry on

good info here....

I thought about it too, but from a practical standpoint, wouldn't the Jets have hell to pay throughout the league from other teams if they knowingly and intentionally circumvented a trade clause designed to do specifically what the Packers were looking to avoid? As would the team that facilitated the deal?

I think they would kind of be pariahs to the rest of the league.

From profootballtalk, so take it for what it's worth:

PACKERS BLOCK RE-TRADE OF FAVRE TO VIKINGS

Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 1:37 a.m.

When asked several weeks back whether a team could trade for quarterback Brett Favre and then re-trade Favre to a team that the Packers wanted to keep him from joining (i.e., the Vikings), we suggested that the Packers would insert in the deal a clause that skyrockets the compensation if/when such a move occurs.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that, if the Jets were to trade Favre to the Vikings, the Jets would owe the Packers three first-round picks.

Though NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to comment on whether such terms would be approved by the league, we see no reason why the league would strike such a term. Conditional terms appear in trades on a regular basis.

ETA: Nevermind, looks like you guys already had this info.

Edited by Fatman

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<< Favre currently towards GB.

carry on

It could be worse. He could have gone to the Chiefs. :wacko:

He has weapons there and could make the playoffs. Beating NE and Indy will be tough. He has risen to the occassion before beating the Ravens right after their super bowl win.

Here's ESPN's fantasy spin:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...tory?id=3523019

I'd make some crack about our long national nightmare being over, but frankly, I'm too exhausted.

The Packers announced that they have traded Brett Favre to the New York Jets. When we finally see that famous bearded smirk beside Eric Mangini at a news conference, it'll all be history. We'll vaguely remember that this surefire Hall of Fame quarterback was supposed to be a Viking, a Bear, a Buc and a Packer in the span of less than a week. Favre fatigue will be no more.

Quarterback rankings (by tier)

Tom Brady is still the cream of the crop at quarterback -- and fantasy land. But Peyton Manning isn't far behind him.

Tier 1

1. Tom Brady, Patriots

2. Peyton Manning, Colts

Tier 2

3. Tony Romo, Cowboys

4. Drew Brees, Saints

Tier 3

5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

6. Carson Palmer, Bengals

7. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks

8. Derek Anderson, Browns

9. Donovan McNabb, Eagles

10. Jay Cutler, Broncos

Tier 4

11. Brett Favre, Jets

12. Marc Bulger, Rams

13. Matt Schaub, Texans

14. Eli Manning, Giants

15. David Garrard, Jaguars

16. Philip Rivers, Chargers

17. Aaron Rodgers, Packers

18. Jake Delhomme, Panthers

Tier 5

19. Jason Campbell, Redskins

20. Jon Kitna, Lions

21. Kurt Warner, Cardinals

22. Alex Smith, 49ers

23. Jeff Garcia, Buccaneers

Tier 6

24. Vince Young, Titans

25. Matt Leinart, Cardinals

26. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders

27. Trent Edwards, Bills

28. Tarvaris Jackson, Vikings

Tier 7

29. Brodie Croyle, Chiefs

30. Rex Grossman, Bears

31. Shaun Hill, 49ers

32. Matt Ryan, Falcons

33. Joe Flacco, Ravens

34. Brady Quinn, Browns

35. J.P. Losman, Bills

36. Sage Rosenfels, Texans

37. Chris Redman, Falcons

38. Josh McCown, Dolphins

39. Troy Smith, Ravens

42. John Beck, Dolphins

40. Kyle Boller, Ravens

Brett Favre in the Big Apple. You have to admit: As the coup de grace of a career, it has a pretty nice ring to it.

The Jets are in it to win it this year. They spent huge dollars for Alan Faneca and Calvin Pace, plus added Kris Jenkins, Damien Woody and Tony Richardson. They have what they hope is a franchise left tackle in D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and former first-round picks in center Nick Mangold and corner Darrelle Revis. And now comes the biggest "win now" statement of them all: the gunslinger.

Favre will want to get to camp right away because although he's certainly a savvy guy, he hasn't had to learn a truly new offensive system in, well, nearly two decades. That's not to say Brian Schottenheimer's scheme is some Mike-Martz-like encyclopedia; if anything, it's a relatively conservative setup built around the run with possession passing. But the terminology will be new for Favre, as will the personnel.

Oh, yes, the personnel. Fantasy owners need only look at Greg Jennings and, to a lesser extent, James Jones for evidence that Favre can make stars quickly. Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery aren't household fantasy names, and haven't been every-week contributors with noodle-armed Chad Pennington or erratic Kellen Clemens throwing to them. But each man sees his value rise for '08. Can Coles be the deep threat Favre needs to show off his still-big-enough arm? He definitely has the speed, but will he get the green light? After all, he was a mind-numbing 72nd in the NFL in yards per reception last season. I'll say this, though: The Jets would be first-class dopes if that stat stayed low again in '08. Rookie tight end Dustin Keller also gets a bit of fantasy juice, Donald Lee-style.

The run game already figured to rebound with the team's right guard situation at least temporarily resolved (Brandon Moore) and run-mashing Faneca on board. Thomas Jones scored only one touchdown last year, but I already liked him as a very interesting No. 2 fantasy rusher, and that opinion has only gained steam as of this moment.

Bottom line: Favre will have high (some might say "Favre-ian") upside in New York but also will come with a sizable amount of risk. After all, this team has a defensive-minded head coach and a Schottenheimer running its offense. I doubt they'll be able to grab the Favre reins entirely, but I do believe they'll try to coax their new starter into a tougher, AFC style of offense, one that emphasizes a lack of mistakes. Plus, let's face it: This team went 4-12 last year, has to play New England twice, and also gets San Diego, Cincinnati, Denver, Tennessee and Seattle. There's enough potential for trouble here that I'm not willing to give Favre the kind of fantasy rank he'd have had in Green Bay -- in a familiar system, with familiar personnel. I put him right around No. 11 or 12 among quarterbacks, but with way more upside than anyone near him in the rankings.

QUOTE (Randall @ 8/7/08 10:50am)

He's still saying that?

McNaabb's his 2nd year 3365 yards 13 TD's

Jackson's 1911 9 TD's.

I don't see it.

YOU THINK CHILDRESS IS LOOKING AT NUMBERS WHEN HE COMPARES TARVARIS AND MCNABB? GET REAL...HE IS LOOKING AT READS, DECISIONS, AND TECHNIQUE...THIS IS FOOTBALL, NOT STAT CLASSQUOTE (Randall @ 8/7/08 10:50am)

He's still saying that?

McNaabb's his 2nd year 3365 yards 13 TD's

Jackson's 1911 9 TD's.

I don't see it.

Scooby-

YOU THINK CHILDRESS IS LOOKING AT NUMBERS WHEN HE COMPARES TARVARIS AND MCNABB? GET REAL...HE IS LOOKING AT READS, DECISIONS, AND TECHNIQUE...THIS IS FOOTBALL, NOT STAT CLASS

No I think he's looking at talent. The question was does he still see Jackson as another McNabb? So far he hasn't looked like Donovan in his second year.

I don't see it. Does Childress?

I'd make some crack about our long national nightmare being over, but frankly, I'm too exhausted.

The Packers announced that they have traded Brett Favre to the New York Jets. When we finally see that famous bearded smirk beside Eric Mangini at a news conference, it'll all be history. We'll vaguely remember that this surefire Hall of Fame quarterback was supposed to be a Viking, a Bear, a Buc and a Packer in the span of less than a week. Favre fatigue will be no more.

Tom Brady is still the cream of the crop at quarterback -- and fantasy land. But Peyton Manning isn't far behind him.

Tier 1

1. Tom Brady, Patriots

2. Peyton Manning, Colts

Tier 2

3. Tony Romo, Cowboys

4. Drew Brees, Saints

Tier 3

10. Jay Cutler, Broncos

Tier 4

11. Brett Favre, Jets

12. Marc Bulger, Rams

13. Matt Schaub, Texans

14. Eli Manning, Giants

Tier 5

20. Jon Kitna, Lions

22. Alex Smith, 49ers

Tier 6

24. Vince Young, Titans

27. Trent Edwards, Bills

Tier 7

30. Rex Grossman, Bears

31. Shaun Hill, 49ers

32. Matt Ryan, Falcons

33. Joe Flacco, Ravens

34. Brady Quinn, Browns

35. J.P. Losman, Bills

39. Troy Smith, Ravens

42. John Beck, Dolphins

40. Kyle Boller, Ravens

Brett Favre in the Big Apple. You have to admit: As the coup de grace of a career, it has a pretty nice ring to it.

The Jets are in it to win it this year. They spent huge dollars for Alan Faneca and Calvin Pace, plus added Kris Jenkins, Damien Woody and Tony Richardson. They have what they hope is a franchise left tackle in D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and former first-round picks in center Nick Mangold and corner Darrelle Revis. And now comes the biggest "win now" statement of them all: the gunslinger.

Favre will want to get to camp right away because although he's certainly a savvy guy, he hasn't had to learn a truly new offensive system in, well, nearly two decades. That's not to say Brian Schottenheimer's scheme is some Mike-Martz-like encyclopedia; if anything, it's a relatively conservative setup built around the run with possession passing. But the terminology will be new for Favre, as will the personnel.

Oh, yes, the personnel. Fantasy owners need only look at Greg Jennings and, to a lesser extent, James Jones for evidence that Favre can make stars quickly. Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery aren't household fantasy names, and haven't been every-week contributors with noodle-armed Chad Pennington or erratic Kellen Clemens throwing to them. But each man sees his value rise for '08. Can Coles be the deep threat Favre needs to show off his still-big-enough arm? He definitely has the speed, but will he get the green light? After all, he was a mind-numbing 72nd in the NFL in yards per reception last season. I'll say this, though: The Jets would be first-class dopes if that stat stayed low again in '08. Rookie tight end Dustin Keller also gets a bit of fantasy juice, Donald Lee-style.

The run game already figured to rebound with the team's right guard situation at least temporarily resolved (Brandon Moore) and run-mashing Faneca on board. Thomas Jones scored only one touchdown last year, but I already liked him as a very interesting No. 2 fantasy rusher, and that opinion has only gained steam as of this moment.

Bottom line: Favre will have high (some might say "Favre-ian") upside in New York but also will come with a sizable amount of risk. After all, this team has a defensive-minded head coach and a Schottenheimer running its offense. I doubt they'll be able to grab the Favre reins entirely, but I do believe they'll try to coax their new starter into a tougher, AFC style of offense, one that emphasizes a lack of mistakes. Plus, let's face it: This team went 4-12 last year, has to play New England twice, and also gets San Diego, Cincinnati, Denver, Tennessee and Seattle. There's enough potential for trouble here that I'm not willing to give Favre the kind of fantasy rank he'd have had in Green Bay -- in a familiar system, with familiar personnel. I put him right around No. 11 or 12 among quarterbacks, but with way more upside than anyone near him in the rankings.

Nicely stated :wacko:

Tier 1

1. Tom Brady, Patriots

2. Peyton Manning, Colts

Tier 2

3. Tony Romo, Cowboys

4. Drew Brees, Saints

Tier 3

10. Jay Cutler, Broncos

Tier 4

11. Brett Favre, Jets

12. Marc Bulger, Rams

13. Matt Schaub, Texans

14. Eli Manning, Giants

Tier 5

20. Jon Kitna, Lions

22. Alex Smith, 49ers

Tier 6

24. Vince Young, Titans

27. Trent Edwards, Bills

Tier 7

30. Rex Grossman, Bears

31. Shaun Hill, 49ers

32. Matt Ryan, Falcons

33. Joe Flacco, Ravens

34. Brady Quinn, Browns

35. J.P. Losman, Bills

39. Troy Smith, Ravens

42. John Beck, Dolphins

40. Kyle Boller, Ravens

Ummmm...in non ESPN leagues they are. :wacko:

Favre has said he needs to get to camp right away.

According to the NFL Network, if Favre takes 50 percent of total snaps with the Jets in 2008, the fourth-rounder becomes a third-round pick. If he gets 70 percent of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, it becomes a second-round pick; and if he gets 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, it becomes a first-round pick.

:wacko: Go Brett.

carry on

My feelings also.