[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to the....... JETS

darin3

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By Paul McDougall

InformationWeek

August 7, 2008 02:11 PM

The New York Jets' online store was offline for parts of Thursday as fans rushed to be among the first to purchase a jersey bearing quarterback Brett Favre's famously difficulty-to-pronounce last name and No. 4 player number.

So, how do they pronounce his name?

Bett Faave?

The last time a New York team got a living legend at this stage of his career, Willie Mays was stumbling around in a Mets uniform.

Just can't shake the feeling that this will end badly.

I'm not. What he's done has been asinine. I'm glad he's gone, and the Jets gave us a nice pick.

A nice pick?

The Packers traded a Super Bowl Winning QB with 3 League MVP's who holds nearly every important career passing record and who is coming off his most Productive Season in a decade for a single conditional 4th rd pick that can only become a 1st rd pick IF the Jets get to the Super Bowl.

A nice pick? Dude the packers got raped.

I would hate to be Rogers, the pressure is gonna be unreal, especially if the jets are 4 and 0 and Greenbay starts slow :wacko: I guess it really doesn't matter how they start but how they finish but the Kid will be compared to the legend all year.

That week three game on September 22nd against the Chargers is a Monday night game. Ahhh....Favre on the national TV stage!! He's gotta be lovin' it!!!!

A nice pick?

The Packers traded a Super Bowl Winning QB with 3 League MVP's who holds nearly every important career passing record and who is coming off his most Productive Season in a decade for a single conditional 4th rd pick that can only become a 1st rd pick IF the Jets get to the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl win was over a decade ago, as was all of his MVP honors.

How did the packers get raped? They're getting a third, which Ted has been money with so far. They saved 25 million and the chance of him going to the Vikings... Try again.

How did the packers get raped? They're getting a third, which Ted has been money with so far. They saved 25 million and the chance of him going to the Vikings... Try again.

Let's look at those "money" 3rd round picks. Abdul Hodge (spectacular 2007 season), Jason Spitz(solid, blue collar OL), James Jones(excellent rookie campaign), Aaron Rousse(barring injury, not likely to crack the starting lineup)

1 very good pick, 1 good pick, 1 so-so pick, and one bust. I'd hardly consider that being "money" :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Shouldn't you be at your gamers guild meeting :wacko:http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2528068

Ok, look at it this way, everyone knows that THE key ingredient in building a winning team is to have someone on that team who knows what it takes to win, Brett does.

Also, despite his super bowl win & mvps being a decade old, last season was Bretts best in a decade. Here is where he ranked among all nfl QB's LAST year.

4th in yds passing

4th in completion Percentage

6th in TD's thrown

9th in fewest Int's thrown

6th in completions over 20 yds

1st in completions over 40 yds

6th overall in passer rating

He went 356/535 for a 66.5% completion percentage. He threw for 4155 yds, 28 TD and only 15 INT's for an overall Passer Rating of 95.7.

So the Packers traded a QB who was in the Top 6 of all QB's in the league in all meaningful stats except 1 for a 4th rd conditional pick, that will most liekly end up a 3rd rd pick.

A nice pick?

So then trophies and plaques are the keys to winning the Super Bowl? :wacko: OK

I like the trade. It allows us to root for him because if they make the playoffs we get a 2d round pick.

Rodgers will struggle but like last year's running game I think by week 8 he'll be fine. We have a good D and play in a division with Orton and Tavaris Jackson.

EDIT

I missed these two.

i forget but what team are you a coach for?

What team?

I coach the Huskies in Dynasty Wars 3. :D:D

Come on man. McNabb and Tavaris Jackson?

You're kidding, right? Any given Sunday buddy. Cardinals, Bengals, Bills, Titans & Broncos are all solid teams that could be playoff worthy.

Ok. If you say so.

My estimate of 10 potential wins includes 2 of those as losses.

Edited by Randall

Not to mention that impregnable offensive line.... :wacko:

Show me a KC OL who has been impregnated...

...waiting....

...didn't think so. Ergo, IMPREGNABLE.