[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to the....... JETS

darin3

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that lawyers draw up contracts? I'm sure that if the Jets traded him to the Calgary Flames and then he ended up with MIN after passing through the Orlando Magic that the Jets would still owe 3 1st round picks to GB.
One thing I've learned about lawyers is that no matter how good one is, there is always another one that can find a loophole if they look hard enough.

How's that? They have the loudest, not allowed to stand, fan base in football. A good running back when healthy, an up and coming WR and defense, and Herm Edwards...wait....uh, I think you're right, so nevermind.

carry on

Not to mention that impregnable offensive line.... :wacko:

I'd have to go back and look at his stats a little closer, but has Pennington ever excelled at anything other than getting injured?

Yeah. He makes a mean Spaghetti..The main ingredient is his arm

Edited by whomper

From profootballtalk, so take it for what it's worth:

PACKERS BLOCK RE-TRADE OF FAVRE TO VIKINGS

Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 1:37 a.m.

When asked several weeks back whether a team could trade for quarterback Brett Favre and then re-trade Favre to a team that the Packers wanted to keep him from joining (i.e., the Vikings), we suggested that the Packers would insert in the deal a clause that skyrockets the compensation if/when such a move occurs.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that, if the Jets were to trade Favre to the Vikings, the Jets would owe the Packers three first-round picks.

Though NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to comment on whether such terms would be approved by the league, we see no reason why the league would strike such a term. Conditional terms appear in trades on a regular basis.

ETA: Nevermind, looks like you guys already had this info.

Doesn't seem like the players union would like NFL teams to place a "lien" on their players...

Favre has said he needs to get to camp right away.

According to the NFL Network, if Favre takes 50 percent of total snaps with the Jets in 2008, the fourth-rounder becomes a third-round pick. If he gets 70 percent of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, it becomes a second-round pick; and if he gets 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, it becomes a first-round pick.

:wacko: Go Brett.

So it looks like a 3rd rounder eh? That's about right I guess.

So it looks like a 3rd rounder eh? That's about right I guess.

Outside of NE they have a pretty easy schedule. They could easily get to 10 wins. I only see 4 true losses,

N.Y. Jets

Sept. 7 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.

Sept. 14 New England Patriots 4:15 p.m.

Sept. 22 at San Diego Chargers 8:30 p.m.

Sept. 28 Arizona Cardinals 1 p.m.

Oct. 5 Bye

Oct. 12 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.

Oct. 19 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m.

Oct. 26 Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.

Nov. 2 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

Nov. 9 St. Louis Rams 1 p.m.

Nov. 13 at New England Patriots 1 p.m.

Nov. 23 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.

Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.

Dec. 7 at San Francisco 49ers 4:05 p.m.

Dec. 14 Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

Dec. 21 at Seattle Seahawks 4:05 p.m.

Dec. 28 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.

Outside of NE they have a pretty easy schedule. They could easily get to 10 wins. I only see 4 true losses,

N.Y. Jets

Oct. 5 Bye

We are splitting NE...

N.Y. Jets

Oct. 5 Bye

You're kidding, right? Any given Sunday buddy. Cardinals, Bengals, Bills, Titans & Broncos are all solid teams that could be playoff worthy.

N.Y. Jets

Oct. 5 Bye

Week one against Miami might be interesting. I saw Parcells was hot after Pennington...

That schedule does look pretty easy. You got to figure the Jags will get one wildcard spot right? So who's their competition? Bills, Broncos, Browns, and Ravens? (Assuming Pats, Chargers, Colts, and Steelers win their divisions)

Week one against Miami might be interesting. I saw Parcells was hot after Pennington...

That schedule does look pretty easy. You got to figure the Jags will get one wildcard spot right? So who's their competition? Bills, Broncos, Browns, and Ravens? (Assuming Pats, Chargers, Colts, and Steelers win their divisions)

The Titans were a playoff team last year also. The AFC is not an easy conference...even as an optimistic Jets fan (one of the few, yes...!) this could be an 8 or a 9-loss team. My early picks, however, have them at 9 - 7. In the AFC, this may not get them into the playoffs...NE, SD, Indy, Jax, AFC North winner make 5...the last spot between the Titans, Bills, Browns, Jets and possibly the Broncos.

N.Y. Jets

Sept. 7 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. WIN

Sept. 14 New England Patriots 4:15 p.m. LOSS

Sept. 22 at San Diego Chargers 8:30 p.m. LOSS

Sept. 28 Arizona Cardinals 1 p.m. WIN

Oct. 5 Bye

Oct. 12 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. WIN

Oct. 19 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m. LOSS

Oct. 26 Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. WIN

Nov. 2 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m. LOSS

Nov. 9 St. Louis Rams 1 p.m. WIN

Nov. 13 at New England Patriots 1 p.m. LOSS

Nov. 23 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. LOSS

Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m. WIN

Dec. 7 at San Francisco 49ers 4:05 p.m. WIN

Dec. 14 Buffalo Bills 1 p.m. WIN

Dec. 21 at Seattle Seahawks 4:05 p.m. LOSS

Dec. 28 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. WIN

Edited by The Wolf

The Titans were a playoff team last year also. The AFC is not an easy conference...even as an optimistic Jets fan (one of the few, yes...!) this could be an 8 or a 9-loss team. My early picks, however, have them at 9 - 7. In the AFC, this may not get them into the playoffs...NE, SD, Indy, Jax, NFC North winner make 5...the last spot between the Titans, Bills, Browns, Jets and possibly the Broncos.

Oct. 19 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m. LOSS

:wacko: Favre is awful good against Oakland.

The Titans were a playoff team last year also. The AFC is not an easy conference...even as an optimistic Jets fan (one of the few, yes...!) this could be an 8 or a 9-loss team. My early picks, however, have them at 9 - 7. In the AFC, this may not get them into the playoffs...NE, SD, Indy, Jax, NFC North winner make 5...the last spot between the Titans, Bills, Browns, Jets and possibly the Broncos.

Trying to get a possible GB vs Favre playoff matchup? :wacko:

Edited by Big John

That's a good point. A little revenge action. :wacko:

:wacko: Favre is awful good against Oakland.

That may be the case Randall, but the Jets do not have much success against the Raiders in Oakland. Should the Jets win? Yes. However, the Raiders are improving and I see this as a trap game for them.

Just IMO, of course. I hope we get to give GB that first rounder!!!

Think Jet fans are excited to see Favre? This from www.informationweek.com:

Favre Jets Jersey Blitz Crashes Team's Web Store

The Jets are not the first organization to be caught napping by a sudden spike in Web traffic and likely won't be the last.

By Paul McDougall

InformationWeek

August 7, 2008 02:11 PM

The New York Jets' online store was offline for parts of Thursday as fans rushed to be among the first to purchase a jersey bearing quarterback Brett Favre's famously difficulty-to-pronounce last name and No. 4 player number.

Demand for the spamshirts was such that JetShop.com was either offline completely, or had slowed to a crawl, for much of the day.

More Internet InsightsWhite PapersSmall Business Web Design Guide Part I: SEO Tips for Small Business Websites Simple Tricks To Ace the Subnetting Portion of Any Certification Exam The site, when available, showed the Favre spamshirts for sale at $80, but it warned customers "to allow extra time, regardless of shipping method," to receive their order.

Jets fans desperate to own an emerald-and-white team sweater bearing the Mississippi native's credentials had other, more expensive, Internet options. Favre Jets spamshirts were selling on eBay (NSDQ: EBAY) Thursday for as much as $300.

The Jets are not the first organization to be caught napping by a sudden spike in Web traffic and likely won't be the last.

New York Magazine's Web site earlier this year went dark for a time after thousands of people attempted to view the publication's nude Lindsay Lohan photos online.

Also this year, Oprah Winfrey was forced to apologize to the millions of fans whose efforts to log into the self-empowerment guru's widely-hyped Webcast were thwarted by overwhelmed Internet servers. The Webcast featured Winfrey and Eckhart Tolle, whose new age bestseller "A New Earth" was an Oprah Book Club selection.

In 1999, a Webcast of the Victoria's Secret fashion show in New York City famously crashed, leaving millions of viewers frustrated.

The Green Bay Packers formally announced Thursday that they had traded Favre to the Jets for future considerations, thwarting a last minute effort by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to acquire the star athlete. The trade leaves the future of Jets' incumbent QB Chad Pennington in doubt.