[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly WR's

unusualsuspects

I'm a homer and I want nothing to do with their WRs.

I think it will change week to week. They tend to take what the defense gives them so it will probably be a different WR each. Good luck guessing right.

And Avant will get in the mix if Jackson or Baskett don't look good against real defenses. And Greg Lewis will probably still be around. :wacko:

I'm sticking behind my earlier prediction that D.Jackson will be a lightning rod for this ballclub. Zooty doesn't agree with me, but I hope for his teams sake and my dynasty WR future, I'm right.

He's looked a lot better than I expected. Most of the skill players come along slowly in this offense but he has jumped right in. His size may still hurt him but I'm thinking now along with the Curtis injury more like 35-45 catches and 5 or so TDs out of the slot. He doesn't have the size to be a #1 or even #2 IMO but could develop into one in a year or 2, hopefully.

Still his biggest impact may be on punts.

Edited by Zooty

He's looked a lot better than I expected. Most of the skill players come along slowly in this offense but he has jumped right in. His size may still hurt him but I'm thinking now along with the Curtis injury more like 35-45 catches and 5 or so TDs out of the slot. He doesn't have the size to be a #1 or even #2 IMO but could develop into one in a year or 2, hopefully.

I've got the Iggies TM D in 1 league and I'm real excited about DeSean returning punts. Is he going to be returning kickoffs as well?

I've got the Iggies TM D in 1 league and I'm real excited about DeSean returning punts. Is he going to be returning kickoffs as well?

Looks like Demps is the KR but he did have a 101 yard return for a TD and had a few other long ones as well, so we are looking pretty good with both returners. Finally. :wacko:

I'm sticking behind my earlier prediction that D.Jackson will be a lightning rod for this ballclub. Zooty doesn't agree with me, but I hope for his teams sake and my dynasty WR future, I'm right.

You mean he's going to get hit by lightning? :wacko:

steve smith?

If DeSean Jackson can succeed, it will rewrite a lot of rules of thumb because guys his size never do more than return punts. He looked great in camp and preseason games and PHI has the need, but he's about to make some history if he can produce significant numbers.

:wacko:

If DeSean Jackson can succeed, it will rewrite a lot of rules of thumb because guys his size never do more than return punts. He looked great in camp and preseason games and PHI has the need, but he's about to make some history if he can produce significant numbers.

The great DMD has honored my topic with his opinion - I understand what you're saying; *but Desean Jackson is about the same size as welker...

On another note- this post seemed to turn into a DeSean Jackson discussion, it seems to me that everyone thinks out of all of Philly WR's DeSean Jackson hs the most upside, I have been pondering Baskett (experience, size, contract year) Thanks for everyone's input :D

Edited by unusualsuspects

:wacko:

The great DMD has honored my topic with his opinion - I understand what you're saying; *but Desean Jackson is about the same size as welker...

On another note- this post seemed to turn into a DeSean Jackson discussion, it seems to me that everyone thinks out of all of Philly WR's DeSean Jackson hs the most upside, I have been pondering Baskett (experience, size, contract year) Thanks for everyone's input :D

BIG difference imo...

DJ 6' 178

Welker 5'9" 185

Steve Smith 5'9" 185

3 inches in height is a pretty big diff in body build for 7 less pounds

for DJ to be comparative weight wise to those two he would have to weigh about 193

Edited by keggerz

BIG difference imo...

DJ 6' 178

Welker 5'9" 185

Steve Smith 5'9" 185

3 inches in height is a pretty big diff in body build for 7 less pounds

for DJ to be comparative weight wise to those two he would have to weigh about 193

Well, there are big questions exactly what size Jackson is. At the combine, he was 5'9 1/2" and 168 pounds after being listed by CAL at 6'. Bottom line - he is the lightest wideout in the NFL. He is five pounds lighter than Dennis Northcutt or the rookie Harry Douglas.

Well, there are big questions exactly what size Jackson is. At the combine, he was 5'9 1/2" and 168 pounds after being listed by CAL at 6'. Bottom line - he is the lightest wideout in the NFL. He is five pounds lighter than Dennis Northcutt or the rookie Harry Douglas.

Sounds a bit like this guy.

Of course everyone was smaller back then...

(Rotoworld) Eagles rookie WR DeSean Jackson was held out of Thursday's game against the Jets.

Analysis: It's an indication of how valuable he's become to the Eagles immediate plans. Coach Andy Reid said he can't remember ever holding out a healthy rookie in the final preseason game.

Based on the above and how involved he's been in the pre-season, I may be starting him as my #3 this week. I'm not exactly gulping down the cool aid just yet but I am willing to take a sip.