[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watch out Amsterdam

Big Ernie McCracken

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Gordon Addiction

A site titled marijunsadictions.com says it's addicting? I'm so shocked, the CDC disputes these claims. Once again it shows how behind other countries in our attitudes toward pot.

Still it is illegal and Ricky has to adhere to his employers demands.

A question-what Maraijuana related trouble did Ricky get in besides suspension from the league? Did he get in fights, run anyone over with his car, get stopped for driving while intoxicated, boar related arguments with police(Wait that was Benson)?

Frankly I'd rather have people smoke than be drunk, but that's just me. I don't do either.

Edited by Randall

First all, Josh Gordon is mentally addicting, as is any vice that you turn into a habit. There are no physical addictions, meaning there are no physical withdrawal systems.

The reason it is illegal and worse than alcohol is that every year, lots of innocent people die in drug wars, not alcohol wars.

First all, Josh Gordon is mentally addicting, as is any vice that you turn into a habit. There are no physical addictions, meaning there are no physical withdrawal systems.

The reason it is illegal and worse than alcohol is that every year, lots of innocent people die in drug wars, not alcohol wars.

Not according to the University of Wisconsin.

Drug wars?Pot drug wars? Alcohol wars? :wacko: OK Sherlock show me death rates of innocent people dying because of pot wars.

In 2000 400,000 died from Tobacco

110,000+ from alcohol

All illegal drugs put together almost 17,000

The reason it's illegal is in the 20's, 30's and 40's too many people were enjoying it's use. They tried prohibition against alcohol that failed but prohibition against pot succeeded.

Back up your claims.

Not according to the University of Wisconsin.

Drug wars?Pot drug wars? Alcohol wars? :wacko: OK Sherlock show me death rates of innocent people dying because of pot wars.

In 2000 400,000 died from Tobacco

110,000+ from alcohol

All illegal drugs put together almost 17,000

The reason it's illegal is in the 20's, 30's and 40's too many people were enjoying it's use. They tried prohibition against alcohol that failed but prohibition against pot succeeded.

Back up your claims.

Lemme guess, you used US only numbers to try and support your claims? And I wonder why drug war numbers aren't included? Nice try.

That is like saying 19 people died over diamonds in the past year. I suppose you're gonna tell me that isn't a problem either because it isn't one on our soil?

Edited by Seahawks21

Lemme guess, you used US only numbers to try and support your claims? And I wonder why drug war numbers aren't included? Nice try.

That is like saying 19 people died over diamonds in the past year. I suppose you're gonna tell me that isn't a problem either because it isn't one on our soil?

Translation-"no I couldn't find evidence to back up my claims".

Do yourself a favor stop listening to the DEA and learn about history. Look up prohibition both alcohol and other drugs.

All the potheads that I know who have had to quiit for probation reasons have all told me that they sweat real bad every night for 2 weeks, that would seem like a physical addiction to me. Of course they were 10+ year smokers, but they still had some real hard nights.

Dolphins GM speaks on Ricky, QBs and more

August 31, 2008 6:28 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland held a rare news conference Sunday afternoon to discuss a myriad of roster decisions.

Ireland was asked about the club's decision to keep sophomore QB John Beck over veteran Josh McCown and RB Ricky Williams' one-year contract extension among other topics.

Here are some of the highlights:.

Why did the Dolphins decide to extend Williams?

Ireland: You guys see it out there. We see it out there. He's done an excellent job in the weight room, in the meeting rooms. He's jumped out at us on tape. He looks good in the preseason. Everything we've seen since we got here -- and [the scoreboard] was zero-zero when we got here; [head coach] Tony [sparano] said that in the first press conference -- he's done everything we've asked him to do. He's a player that's shown he can play. So we didn't want him to make the free agent market.

How is Williams' level of commitment different than in the past?

Ireland: I wasn't here in the past, so I don't really know how he had a lack of dedication in the past. I know what I read and what circulates in NFL circles. When we sat down coming here, we said that we're going to give this guy every benefit of the doubt, and he's got to show us that he is dedicated. He's done everything that we've asked him to do. We feel really good about our decision to extend him.

I am assuming you are young. Also, I am shocked no one has even called you out on the sheer lunacy of this statement. THERE IS NO ALCOHOL war because alcohol is legal. Guess what, if you legalize drugs (not that we haven't, check your pharmacy) there will be no drug wars.

Just a few points to ponder by the way:

Josh Gordon is less addictive than tobacco

Zero people die yearly from smoking Josh Gordon

Over 400,000 people die yearly from tobacco use.

So which is worse.

I am assuming you are young. Also, I am shocked no one has even called you out on the sheer lunacy of this statement. THERE IS NO ALCOHOL war because alcohol is legal. Guess what, if you legalize drugs (not that we haven't, check your pharmacy) there will be no drug wars.

If there were a Josh Gordon war it would involve the cookie aisle at the local conveience store. :wacko:

All the potheads that I know who have had to quiit for probation reasons have all told me that they sweat real bad every night for 2 weeks, that would seem like a physical addiction to me. Of course they were 10+ year smokers, but they still had some real hard nights.

That's habit forming. It's less debilitating than an addiction. Anytime you do something regularly you like that long quitting is hard.

Usually addictions are characterized by how much control over your life a substance has. People can be adicted, but then people can become addicted to just about anything.

Will they have sweats if they give up sex? That seems more psychological to me though sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.