[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alaska and Pot

H8tank

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the dems play that card quite often, too.

Republicans are evil, they're going to:

Force old people to die penniless by not paying for healthcare.

Force poor people to starve because they're going to take away their entitlements and they'll die also due to no health care.

Going to take away your social security and make you save for your own retirement.

Persecute poor people and not give them an equal shot at an education.

Going to stay in the pocket of big business and destroy the "working class".

going to do nothing about global warming and the earth is going to be a fiery cauldron.

Going to repeal the voting rights act and turn hoses and dogs on people of color.

I left out a few, but fear mongering runs both ways.

The thing that burns me most about the dems is that in nearly every case, they propose going in the polar opposite direction than the constitution directs. Then again, the repubs haven't carried that charter for decades either. What's more pathetic is an American people who continue to tolerate an ever-growing goliath. :wacko:

Obama the community organizer is toast.

Love the part about him having time to write two books but hasn't wrote a single major piece of legislation.

She is going to destroy Biden in the debate.

Obama going on O'Reilly tomorrow.

This is going to be so much fun watching Obama get slaughtered.

ta ta

Obama got owned!!

"I guess a small town mayor is sorta like a community organizer...only they have real responsibilities"

"You know what the difference is between a hockey mom and a pitbull? ...Lipstick"

"This is a man [Obama] who can give an entire speech about the wars America has been in...and never once use the word "victory"...except when talking about his campaign"

"There are some politicians who use change to promote their careers...and then there are some politicians, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change"

I damn near fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. You clearly hear what you want to hear.

I really don't give a toss about Palin. I am just sorry that she has seemed to stop all conversation about the important issues, turning the entire discussion into one about personalities.

I think the choice of Palin IS an important issue. McCain had a plethora of folks to choose a running-mate from. Including several VERY qualified women. That fact he passed over a Kay Baily Huchison for Palin speaks volumes of his judgement.

Obama:

B.A in political science from Columbia University, with a specialization in international relations

J.D. in Law from Hardvard, graduated magna cum laude; President of the Harvard Law Review

12 years (92-04) teaching constitutional law

7 years State Senator: sponsored more than 800 bills

4 years Senator for Illinos, a state with 12.8 million people

Palin:

Bachelor's in journalism from University of Idaho

4 years Wasilla City Council (8000 people)

6 years Wasilla mayor (8000 people)

1 year "Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission"

20 months governor of a state with 660,000 people

If that were Huchison's resume up there, the Repubs could still hit the "inexperience drum", yet have a woman in there to draw Hillary voters. And now, his campaign is "refusing to answer questions" about Palin's past and the vetting process, instead playing the gender discrimination card. It is a glimpse into what he would be like as President and a fairly terrifying glimpse it is. The fact that Palin's speech was reminiscent of Bushian politics (indeed even written by Bush's own speech writer) shows it is just more of the same from Republicans.

News Flash

Obama is going to have to debate McCain on his experience.

Obama is going to have to debate McCain on the issues

Obama is going to have to debate McCain on Foreign affairs.

Obama is going to have to debate McCain on how his political career evolved.

Falling Rocks

Obama is like a 2nd string running back that has made the team but is no way going to beat LT out of his job.

If the chosen one cant outplay Sarah he could get cut in October and replaced by Hillery.

Why do you think the repubs waited for Barry O to get the official nomination before they exposed him.

I think the choice of Palin IS an important issue. McCain had a plethora of folks to choose a running-mate from. Including several VERY qualified women. That fact he passed over a Kay Baily Huchison for Palin speaks volumes of his judgement.

Obama:

B.A in political science from Columbia University, with a specialization in international relations

J.D. in Law from Hardvard, graduated magna cum laude; President of the Harvard Law Review

12 years (92-04) teaching constitutional law

7 years State Senator: sponsored more than 800 bills

4 years Senator for Illinos, a state with 12.8 million people

Palin:

Bachelor's in journalism from University of Idaho

1 year "Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission"

20 months governor of a state with 660,000 people

if anyone has ever been to Moscow Idaho, location of U of Idaho- it is an absolute chitbox, that is one step above yer local community college and drinking, smoking and effing is a major there- god bless the girls that go there, but I certainly don't want a UI graduate one step away from runnning my country, but hey- that is just me.

I don't think comparing Palin vs Obama is necessarily relevant, but I agree that there were many other, better qualified choices.

The fact McCain keeps harping on country, then chooses this broad is laughable, and they are now playing the ssexism card when she is brought into question- gimme an effin break-

is it really that much of a stretch that old man McCain could DIE, suffer a stroke or major heart attack in a first or 2nd term??? I think not

and we would have Palin as our President, I think this is gonna be tough to overcome........................................

One of Time magazine's quotes of the day:

"Our political reporting has obviously proven to be more detail-oriented than the McCain campaign's vetting process."

- The National Enquirer

- in a statement responding to John McCain's threat to sue the tabloid for alleging that his running mate, Sarah Palin, had an affair with her husband's colleague

OK that is pretty funny, and hopefully untrue. :wacko:

Usually with a small town like that, looks will win you the election.

So why hasn't this thread been deleted yet?

Edited by WaterMan

All of McCain's experience could work against him if the Democrats hit McCain like the Republicans hit Kerry.

Heck, they should just find the ads Bush ran on McCain in '00 and use them.

Don't know if it's been posted yet.........

Well, JFK nailed more than one mistress; Clinton hit it with the interns, but this is probably the first incident where the Pres would tap the VP.

At least I HOPE so. :wacko:

:D

BIG DILEMMA: OPRAH BALKS AT HOSTING SARAH PALIN; STAFF DIVIDED

Fri Sep 05 2008 08:55:46 ET

Oprah Winfrey may have introduced Democrat Barack Obama to the women of America -- but the talkshow queen is not rushing to embrace the first woman on a Republican presidential ticket!

Oprah's staff is sharply divided on the merits of booking Sarah Palin, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

One executive close to Winfrey is warning any Palin ban could ignite a dramatic backlash!

It is not clear if Oprah has softened her position after watching Palin's historic convention speech.

Last year, Winfrey blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

Oprah and executive producer Sheri Salata, who has contributed thousands of dollars to Obama's campaign, refused requests for comment.

:D:wacko: