[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alaska and Pot

H8tank

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rasmussen polls after the RNC:

Obama -46%

McCain - 45%

But what's more surprising is that Palin was viewed favorably by 58% of voters, while Obama/McCain were at 57%.

No shock there. Everyone loves shiny new toys. It's how long they last that matters.

From our discussion earlier, about Oprah:

Oprah taking sides?

The queen of talk says it ain't so.

Winfrey reacted strongly Friday to a report posted on the Drudge Report that claimed she and "a couple of her top people are adamantly" against booking newly minted Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on her show.

"The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue," Winfrey said in a statement sent to news organizations in reaction to the DrudgeReport.com posting. "There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

That said, Winfrey used her show to introduce Barack Obama to America's women voters, and has endorsed and campaigned with the Democratic nominee. She also was very visible at Obama's acceptance speech last week in Denver.

Oprah's stance

Take what you want to from it...

At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

That said, Winfrey used her show to introduce Barack Obama to America's women voters, and has endorsed and campaigned with the Democratic nominee. She also was very visible at Obama's acceptance speech last week in Denver.

:wacko:

her defense is that these appearances on her show were before he had announced his candidacy for president. again, make of that what you will....

I would expect, Oprah wouldn't want her on her show because Palin's fundamentalist views on women's issues are so contradictory to Oprah's. I think in a way, Oprah is trying to avoid influencing the voters by NOT having her on.

I would expect, Oprah wouldn't want her on her show because Palin's fundamentalist views on women's issues are so contradictory to Oprah's. I think in a way, Oprah is trying to avoid influencing the voters by NOT having her on.

Mmmmkay, yeah. I'm sure that's the case dude. :wacko:

If Obama was white do you think Oprah would be debating having Palin on ?

racist.

well the thing is, palin's "story" is perfect for oprah's audience. keep in mind, oprah's fan base has traditionally been very much spread across the political spectrum. that has been a major key to her success. if not for her politics and the fact that she is opposing a political candidate oprah herself is so heavily invested in, they would be begging palin to come on her show. apparently, fans are requesting it in droves. nobody is saying she doesn't have a "right" to produce her show however the hell she wants....it just puts her in an interesting position is all. does she want her show to be partisan or non-partisan? oprah's personal political sentiments versus the interests of her show. she is being forced to choose.

How the flk do you have expertise on oprah's fan base? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just amazed that you have that knowledge.