[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PHI WR D Jackson named starter

RussMan

I took a flyer on him late in our draft...his preseason stats caught my eye... if he becomes a trusted WR for McNabb he could pay big dividends.

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson is set to start against the Rams on Sunday.

It was thought that Reggie Brown and Hank Baskett were ahead of Jackson, but Brown may be limited with a strained hamstring. It's unclear who the other starter will be. "We'll mix guys in there," Andy Reid said. The Eagles play a lot of three-receiver sets, so expect touches to be shared.Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

i had him pegged well over a month ago...and then he just kept picking up steam and raising his stock...i figured i was gonna have to reach for him a bit....guy took him about 5 spots before i was finally gonna pull the trigger last thursday night....i really coulda used him....although ill be starting donovan and the eagles d...that might have been putting too much stock in the eagles.....i really hope alot of people are right with their prediction of mcnabb going to hawaii and the eagles possibly winning the division.....i really like the potential of the eagles d/st too

All injuries aside, is Baskett the lock here? Is Reggie the odd man out?

Reggie is likely a dreaded game-day decision. He has been working out lightly, but may be ready to go Sunday.

From the Philly Inquirer today:

Reid was less forthcoming about who would see the majority of action at the receiver position opposite Jackson.

"We'll mix guys in there," the coach said.

It also is unknown how Reggie Brown will fit in. Brown is the only health-related question mark for Sunday's game at Lincoln Financial Field. The fourth-year receiver was limited in practice yesterday as he continued to recover from a strained left hamstring he suffered in the team's second preseason game. It was the first time he had practiced since being injured.

"We'll just play it day by day and see how he does," Reid said.

I am watching this closely, I have Reggie and would like to hook him up with Donovan. I think that defense is going to give them a lot of opportunities, and McNabb will have to throw it to somebody for TD's down the field. I think Reggie Brown is set for a nice year, if the hammy is sound. Jackson is interesting, for sure.

:wacko:

I got Meachem as my last WR and Jackson is available right now... I have this case of "happy trigger" prior to games, lol

They are both rookies and in good situations but I think Jackson might have a lot more looks than Meachem...

Any thoughts?

I got Meachem as my last WR and Jackson is available right now... I have this case of "happy trigger" prior to games, lol

They are both rookies and in good situations but I think Jackson might have a lot more looks than Meachem...

Any thoughts?

Meachem is a 2nd year player

Opportunity is knocking :wacko:

Reggie Brown (hamstring) missed practice for the second straight day Friday and is considered doubtful to play Sunday against St. Louis.

Rookie DeSean Jackson gets to state his case for a full-time starting job against burnable Rams LCB Tye Hill, and looks like a nice WR3 in return yardage leagues. Hank Baskett, Jason Avant, and Greg Lewis will rotate at split end, with Baskett likely starting. Brown aggravated his hamstring in practice Wednesday and his status moving forward is unknown.Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

Any thoughts?

Meachem is a 2nd year player

Yeah but he didn't play because of injury. You gotta have something better to say and I would like to hear it :D

Well, he is, after all a 2nd year player. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume here that they didn't just send Meachem on vacation for the entire year. Dude has 12 mos more of watching game film and witnessing the NFL game from the sidelines than Jackson. That has to count for something especially considering the whole business of the 3rd year deal with wide-outs. If it didn't take a while to figure out the position, more rookies would be putting up big numbers out the gate.

So yes, I think Meachem should have an advantage based on that. Well, that and the fact that he was considered one of the top WRs in his draft class last year so it's not like we're comparing some slouch with a year of learning to a Calvin Johnson type prospect.

Opportunity is knocking :wacko:

Reggie Brown (hamstring) missed practice for the second straight day Friday and is considered doubtful to play Sunday against St. Louis.

Rookie DeSean Jackson gets to state his case for a full-time starting job against burnable Rams LCB Tye Hill, and looks like a nice WR3 in return yardage leagues. Hank Baskett, Jason Avant, and Greg Lewis will rotate at split end, with Baskett likely starting. Brown aggravated his hamstring in practice Wednesday and his status moving forward is unknown.Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

Reggie Brown is soft..he never could have outfought Santino

Well, he is, after all a 2nd year player. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume here that they didn't just send Meachem on vacation for the entire year. Dude has 12 mos more of watching game film and witnessing the NFL game from the sidelines than Jackson. That has to count for something especially considering the whole business of the 3rd year deal with wide-outs. If it didn't take a while to figure out the position, more rookies would be putting up big numbers out the gate.

So yes, I think Meachem should have an advantage based on that. Well, that and the fact that he was considered one of the top WRs in his draft class last year so it's not like we're comparing some slouch with a year of learning to a Calvin Johnson type prospect.

Thank You :wacko:

But what will happen when the other receivers get healthy??

He probably still remains productive but the ball will probably be spread around more. The Eagles offense could get even scarier in a few weeks when everyone is healthy. How many teams do you know of that can lose BOTH starting WR's and still put up 35+ points in both of their games.