[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ouch

isleseeya

Damn. I was all over drafting that guy but he was just never there at the right place. The only draft where it wouldn't have been a "reach" was at pick 3.05 in my 10 man league instead of Andre Johnson, but I already had Barber and Lynch, so I really needed to address WR. Big dude in a contract year could mean big numbers.

Maybe it's just me but if I owned him, I'd be a little put off by the fact that he seemed to be tired and take himself out a few times last night. Did'nt seem like he was on the field for long periods before he took himself out either. Ward got some carries and Bradshaw I think will be worked in too. Seems like a "sell high" candidate to me. If he goes off in the next game or 2 and you need help at another position that is.

Maybe it's just me but if I owned him, I'd be a little put off by the fact that he seemed to be tired and take himself out a few times last night. Did'nt seem like he was on the field for long periods before he took himself out either. Ward got some carries and Bradshaw I think will be worked in too. Seems like a "sell high" candidate to me. If he goes off in the next game or 2 and you need help at another position that is.

Yeah as a Brandon Jacobs owner (drafted at 5.09) I was a bit peeved to see him take himself out of the game, especially as they were nearing the goal line. Having said that I'd rather he share the load and stay healthy all season. He did get 21 carries for 100+ yards last night ... I'll take that from my 2nd RB.

Yeah as a Brandon Jacobs owner (drafted at 5.09) I was a bit peeved to see him take himself out of the game, especially as they were nearing the goal line. Having said that I'd rather he share the load and stay healthy all season. He did get 21 carries for 100+ yards last night ... I'll take that from my 2nd RB.

fair enough. I did'nt realize he had that many carries.

Agree. I was more pissed Manning ran a bootleg from the 2. :wacko:

Agree. I was more pissed Manning ran a bootleg from the 2. :wacko:

My son has Brandon Jabobs in one league I have in another. So we were both watching the game and JUST KNEW after the pass interference put the ball on the 1 yard line with a 1st down that it was a Jacobs TD. Then came the stupid naked bootleg ... we both reactied negatively to that play. :D

It concerns me somewhat that BJ appears to be head-hunting at times. I enjoy watching a big back run over a safety once in a while, just as much as the next guy. But, it seemed like Jacobs was intentionally trying to run right AT defenders several times last night. Two problems with this.... One, he could get more yards if he ran AROUND them once in a while instead of trying to run OVER them every play. The other bigger concern is that it is only a matter of time before Jacobs runs at somebody his size or larger, and then he's going to be the one lying on his back seeing stars. Or worse yet, concussion, separated shoulder, etc. I just hope he has enough sense to stay healthy for an entire season, giving that running style of his.

If I were to bet on it, I'd say it's unlikely, unfortunately, that he plays more than 12 games this season. I hope I'm wrong... If he plays 16, I think he has a great shot at putting up RB1 numbers as my #2 in two leagues.

That was easily one of the most crushing hits I had seen a runner lay on a DB in a while. I always worry about guys running like that though, all those hits they take eventually will catch up to them, it's only a question of when.

Pretty much what I was trying to say... You beat me to it because I'm long-winded. :wacko:

Pretty much what I was trying to say... You beat me to it because I'm long-winded. :wacko:

This may be a little off topic, but does he remind you a little of LJ in the way that he goes after guys? In 2006-7, it looked like LJ was just trying to kill everyone who tried to tackle him, and as you said, Jacobs looked like he was trying to do the same last night.

Edited by cbs0121

That was easily one of the most crushing hits I had seen a runner lay on a DB in a while. I always worry about guys running like that though, all those hits they take eventually will catch up to them, it's only a question of when.

As long as he's running over DBs, it's not a concern. Even LBs are usually only his equal in size, and I think he knows better than to take on D lineman like that. I think his taking himself out of the game was an indication that he's committed to staying healthy this year. I am a big believer in contract year players, and Jacobs is at the top of that list. The knock is that he can't stay healthy, and that's what he's going to be working to prove wrong. This is the year that he knows who to run over and who to dodge...I hope. Have him in all my leagues. :wacko:

As long as he's running over DBs, it's not a concern. Even LBs are usually only his equal in size, and I think he knows better than to take on D lineman like that. I think his taking himself out of the game was an indication that he's committed to staying healthy this year. I am a big believer in contract year players, and Jacobs is at the top of that list. The knock is that he can't stay healthy, and that's what he's going to be working to prove wrong. This is the year that he knows who to run over and who to dodge...I hope. Have him in all my leagues. :wacko:

No doubt that he's out there trying to earn a megabucks payday, and I have no doubt that he'll perform when he's in there. But all it takes when you're running guys down like that is an inch to the right or left and you're looking at a serious head or neck injury, DB or not.

That being said, I really want to see Jacobs v. Bob Sanders... that would be something else.

Better he takes a blow for a down than to let up because he's fatigued. The man is 260lbs. he's carrying the ball along with a linebacker or DB on his back. I'd worry if he didn't get a blow every now and then with his running style. 21 carries in the RBBC era doesn't seem like a bad thing to me, especially since he doesn't lose carries at the goal line. He's carrying 40 lbs.+ more than the average back and he's pounding the inside for the majority of his carries. If you've played any ball, you gotta respect what he's doing. He's really beating the odds every down he's out there on the field, most people didn't think he could get the job done as big and heavy as he is, being such a big target and all.