[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK, my Friday rant

i_am_the_swammi

Ok, so I'm waiting in a long line to pay for my coffee this AM, and after 5-6 minutes, I an finally next in line. the woman (ahem) in front of me has obviously been in line as long as I have.

She is buying coffee and a box of donuts, and her total comes to $7.93.

When the cashier tells her the total, she then proceeds to put her handbag on the counter, and begin digging for her wallet. She gets it out, and pulls out a $10 bill. She hands it to the cashier.

She then tells her to wait, and begins digging into her handbag for loose change. She finds a quarter, then another, then a couple dimes....and keeps digging. After about a minute, she gives up, and tells the cashier to just take it out of the $10. She gets her two dollars, 1 nickel, and two pennies change, takes the time to put the bills neatly into her purse, then her purse back into her handbag, zips it shut, throws it over her shoulder, grabs her stuff, and leaves.

Her total transaction probably only took 2 minutes, but it should have taken 20 seconds if she had just had her money ready when it was her turn to pay. It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! was she doing for the 4-5 minutes she was in line? Is there any reason at all that poeple can't display a smidgeon of courtesy to other patrons, and make sure their transaction is as speedy as possible?? And I understand not wanting to have a bunch of loose change, but is an extra 7 cents really gonna weigh you down?

People suck sometimes, and should be told such.

I hate it when they go through all that , then as an after thought they turn back and say "I'd like a lottery ticket". Cashier says you want a Power Ball or a Kansas Cash? Customer thinks about it then says " I'll just take a couple of scratch tickets". Cashier asks 'Which one would you like" {there are like 20 to choose from} so the dude stands ther trying to decide which one will set him free and I"m about to go postal. Cashier looks at me with this what's your hurry look on his face and I'm thinking he's part of the problem here but I bite my tongue and wait. Finally pay for my morning paper and get to my car and my wife says "What took you so long?" AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Worse is if they are paying by check and only open the checkbook after they are told how much the total will be.

Agreed.Especially after they just rang up over a $100 in groceries and were just standing there for the last five minutes.

What-you just now realized that writing the store's name and date is part of the process?

I really hate that. It bugs the crap out of me. What i really hate is when you are in a long drive thru line that is moving fast, then the person right in front of you gets a case of the stupids and orders this custom meal for their family of 12. Then you sit there for 15 minutes while they send stuff back through the window.

Here's my pet peeve:

An email from a customer saying simply "Can you help me with my login to your application?"

Yes. Yes we can. :wacko:

What a pointless waste of time that email was. What login are you trying? What problem are you experiencing? What the hell can we possibly do to help you solve your problem when the concept of a successful resolution is completely undefinable?

I'm glad I'm not actually in tech support. That stuff would drive me nuts. I fricking hate customers.

And another thing. I've had two different people in the past two days send me an email saying "Call me at my office".

What the frick is up with that? Is your phone missing some numbers? Are you in some primitive location where you are paying for long distance calls and you're too cheap to pony up the dough?

NO, Dick! You call me! I'm not your slave, and I've got better things to do.

What I really hate is people who whine about stupid people. You idiots :wacko:

Try:

1 - using the self-checkout (I swear by this now - cashiers aren't exactly the intellctual cream of the crop either)

2 - don't eat fast food (negating those lovely waits in drive-thru lines - did you expect these people to be brilliant either?)

3 - responding stupidly to stupid emails (in the example above a simple "yes" is IMO a great answer)

4 - say your phone is busted in a way that you can't place calls but incoming works fine

This aint hard.

PS I'm not buying the woman in the orig post was white. Unless you live in the Dakotas.

Try:

1 - using the self-checkout (I swear by this now - cashiers aren't exactly the intellctual cream of the crop either)

I am not checking myself out unless they put me on the payroll or give me a discount to do their work for them.

OK - sit in a painfully slow line while Lemonjelo takes twice the time to check you/people in front of you out, screws up, has to call someone for a price check etc etc, all while you're graced with her delightful tatoos and green nail polish and similarly classy stuff and Otto the bagger puts your bread on the bottom (putting the bleach on top) of the bag.....

I'll be driving out of the parking lot by then, having experienced none of it. Plenty enough "discount" for me.

Edited by BeeR

Try:

1 - using the self-checkout (I swear by this now - cashiers aren't exactly the intellctual cream of the crop either)2 - don't eat fast food (negating those lovely waits in drive-thru lines - did you expect these people to be brilliant either?)

3 - responding stupidly to stupid emails (in the example above a simple "yes" is IMO a great answer)

4 - say your phone is busted in a way that you can't place calls but incoming works fine

This aint hard.

PS I'm not buying the woman in the orig post was white. Unless you live in the Dakotas.

er, this was one of minimart-convenience strores, which don't have those self-checkout thingies.

Shopko just got rid of the cash option at the self checkouts. I only pay with cash. Usually there's 4 self checkouts open and one or 2 with people. Of course the people that have to use the real person are the one's that are old and pay with checks (and DMD) so I'm forced to wait every time.