[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Torain

chodan

I'm good for $50.

I'm good for $50 as well.

I'll take that sucker bet too. Put me down for $50

Will all you guys that are thinking of placing a wager please send me a PM letting me know what you would like to wager. I will not honor wagers without a PM.

:wacko: Having second thoughts?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open wager alert!! I will bet anyone whatever amount that they would like that Ryan Torain does not run for 90 yards in any game this season.

ok are you saying he will not run for MORE than 90 yds in any game this season or are you saying he will not run for EXACTLY 90 yds in any game this season?

Edited by Jrick35

I'd be a lot more concerned about him working his way into game shape if he'd had some type of leg injury. It just stands to reason that Shanny will use him ASAP (he's sucked up a roster spot for this long for a reason) and if he can outplay Pittman and not make mistakes, it makes sense that he could start at some point soon after he returns. And FWIW, I'd rather have him taking my bench space than any other team in my league.

...as usual, the glass is half full, and the rose-tinted lenses are in full effect. :wacko:

Spoiler Alert!!!!! You have been warned - Do not read this if you don't want to know what happens later in the season with Torian.

Torian returns to the Broncos lineup after the Week 8 Bye. "Shockingly", the RB situation in Denver remains a wacked-out RBBC between Torian, Pittman, and S.Young. Each week, the hot hand goes off while the other two guys scratch their heads wondering when they will see another goal line carry. At least 45 Huddler members miss the playoffs by one game because they played Shannahan RB roulette each week. No less than 20 Huddler members vow they will never draft or stash and hold another Denver RB as long as they live. However, 200 Huddler members snicker the whole way through as they remembered playing this same game once before with the Minnesota RB situation years ago.

I refuse to name Huddler names.

Now you know what happens. Proceed accordingly.

:wacko: Having second thoughts?

hehe no not at all, I just want to make it clean cut. The PM is the "virtual handshake" as it was referred to. I just don't want people posting on this thread in three weeks claiming that they deserve a bit of the action.

Spoiler Alert!!!!! You have been warned - Do not read this if you don't want to know what happens later in the season with Torian.

Torian returns to the Broncos lineup after the Week 8 Bye. "Shockingly", the RB situation in Denver remains a wacked-out RBBC between Torian, Pittman, and S.Young. Each week, the hot hand goes off while the other two guys scratch their heads wondering when they will see another goal line carry. At least 45 Huddler members miss the playoffs by one game because they played Shannahan RB roulette each week. No less than 20 Huddler members vow they will never draft or stash and hold another Denver RB as long as they live. However, 200 Huddler members snicker the whole way through as they remembered playing this same game once before with the Minnesota RB situation years ago.

I refuse to name Huddler names.

Now you know what happens. Proceed accordingly.

But this one is likely not kicking himself for having dropped Pierre Thomas to pick Torain up.

ok are you saying he will not run for MORE than 90 yds in any game this season or are you saying he will not run for EXACTLY 90 yds in any game this season?

Let the record state that I have pm'd my bet and am clarifying it here that I am betting that he gains 90 or more yards in any game.

Open wager alert!! I will bet anyone whatever amount that they would like that Ryan Torain does not run for 90 yards in any game this season.

If you mean does not run for at least 90 yds, I'll take you up on that for half a Benjamin. If you mean exactly 90 yds, I'll pass. Let me know what you intended.

Do playoff games count?

IMO, considering this conversation has been basically about whether or not he's worth stashing on your FF roster, I think that it should just pertain to the regular season. I can say that, as far as my bet is concerned, I will pay if he fails to reach 90+ during the regular season.

PM'ed to Seahawks21:

I'll take your offered action for $50 that Ryan Torain does not gain at least 90 yards rushing in any game this season. My end is that Torain will gain 90 or more rushing yards in at least one game in the current NFL regular season. Your end is that Torain will gain 89 or less rushing yards in every game in the current NFL regular season. The wager is $50.

Please respond with your acceptance.

Edited by Bronco Billy

IMO, considering this conversation has been basically about whether or not he's worth stashing on your FF roster, I think that it should just pertain to the regular season. I can say that, as far as my bet is concerned, I will pay if he fails to reach 90+ during the regular season.

I would have to agree. I would payout under the same circumstances.

From Torrain's own blog . . . not a lot of new information here, but interesting nonetheless:

I’m BACK.

And it feels great. It’s been a looooong time. When you add the couple of months I’ve been out here to the fact that I couldn’t play the end of my senior season, it’s about to be a full year since I’ve been on the field for a game. So being back at practice is great. That’s the only word to describe it. Great. I’m excited, just conversing with the guys, being out there, joking around — just having a great time.

I finally got to do it myself. That’s the difference. When you’re watching practice, you envision it and you wish you could do it. When you’re out there, you get to fulfill what you’ve been doing your whole life. And I didn’t get too winded when I was out there the past two days either, and I credit that to the trainers and how hard Coach Tuten’s been helping me condition since the injury.

As all of you know if you’ve been reading my blog, I’ve been itching to get out there for quite some time. I’ve been staying in meetings — I haven’t missed one since camp — lifting weights while the team was practicing, conditioning in the mornings with Coach Tuten and just doing everything EXCEPT playing.

Now all that’s gone and I’m just with the team. It feels good. It’s a good release now that I’m back on the field playing football. Like I told people after my first practice on Wednesday, it was huge for me mentally to get out there. It just relaxed me, getting back on the grass with some cleats and a ball. That’s all I needed.

I mean, that’s not ALL I need. Practice is great, but when I get to that game, it’s going to be even more of an energy burst.

I doubt that I’ll play Monday against the Patriots, but that’s going to be an experience by itself. Monday Night Football against one of the better teams recently in the NFL. It won’t be that much harder for me on the sideline, even though now I know exactly what I’d do if I was in the game in certain situations. I’ve just got to stay patient because I know I’m going to be out there soon. For now, I’m just helping the team out any way I can, as always.

So I’m excited. As you can tell. On a side note, sorry I’ve gotten away from answering some of your questions, but you all haven’t been asking me many lately. Let’s get that going again on both sides.

Check in next week, and until then my grandmother — Grammies — said it best.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/torain/2008/10/17/im-back/

This is an idiot wager simply based on the openness to all comers and the low threshold of loss. All the takers stand to lose $50 or whatever, you stand to lose thousands. One long run and you're reaching into your savings account.

One long run

That was sort of what I was thinking. I mean, it's not like I'm 100% sold that dude is going to be a fixture in my late season starting line-up. However, from week 10 on, Den plays 3 teams among the worst against the run. Dude could be splitting carries but only needs to find one big hole in one game and he's half-way there on one carry.

That was sort of what I was thinking. I mean, it's not like I'm 100% sold that dude is going to be a fixture in my late season starting line-up. However, from week 10 on, Den plays 3 teams among the worst against the run. Dude could be splitting carries but only needs to find one big hole in one game and he's half-way there on one carry.

Exactly. In addition to what I said above, if Torain starts week 10, he would have up to eight shots at it - given the potential loss, I'd begin to hate Sundays very quickly.

This is an idiot wager simply based on the openness to all comers and the low threshold of loss. All the takers stand to lose $50 or whatever, you stand to lose thousands. One long run and you're reaching into your savings account.

This is commonly known as getting an education at the school of hard knocks. If you're going to make outageous statements here, you're going to get called on it. It happened earlier this yer with the SJax thread that morphed into a claim of Maroney being a top 10 RB with top 5 upside. That was patently nonsense.

I'll give Seahawk this, though, which is a hell of a lot more than the other guy did - he showed some cajones grandes and put his money where his mouth is. That always earns my respect, whether I think he's nuts for taking the position he has or not.

We'll see how it turns out. Torain could break his leg on his first carry back (just a hypothetical, FF Gods - just a hypothetical.. :knocksonwood: ) and Seahawks could be laughing all the way to the bank. Either way, he manned up - props to him.

This is commonly known as getting an education at the school of hard knocks. If you're going to make outageous statements here, you're going to get called on it. It happened earlier this yer with the SJax thread that morphed into a claim of Maroney being a top 10 RB with top 5 upside. That was patently nonsense.

I'll give Seahawk this, though, which is a hell of a lot more than the other guy did - he showed some cajones grandes and put his money where his mouth is. That always earns my respect, whether I think he's nuts for taking the position he has or not.

We'll see how it turns out. Torain could break his leg on his first carry back (just a hypothetical, FF Gods - just a hypothetical.. :knocksonwood: ) and Seahawks could be laughing all the way to the bank. Either way, he manned up - props to him.

FWIW, the other guy did as well. He didn't let you talk him into betting on claims he never made, but he did "man up" and offer a legit bet to me.

how many people took his offer? :wacko:

May God give you web feet and terminal halatosis.....and may your wife suffer from crippling camel toe!!!!!!!!!