[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas bound Wednesday nite

i_am_the_swammi

As I said in PM, there are quality Huddlers in Big D. Wish I could make the trip up there (and had I known my wife was going to dinner with friends, I may have just made the roadie for the heck of it).

And uh, good thing you're there tonight and not a couple weeks ago... that Eagle drubbing had to sting! :wacko:

You'll be the one with the Westbrook jersey? :D

No jersey....but my bright green Eagles luggage is drawing some funny looks, though.

As I said in PM, there are quality Huddlers in Big D.

:D

And uh, good thing you're there tonight and not a couple weeks ago... that Eagle drubbing had to sting! :D

:D

So sitting in the lobby bar, enjoying the sites. My 2nd Bombay & tonic is going down just right. Long day today...flew in from Philly early this AM, then hopped on a plane to Fort Smith, AR. All I can say is WOW....just, well, WOW. Never thought I'd be happy to fly into Big D, but thank God I am back here.

Hanging for tonight, then a day trip to Lubbock tomorrow to make fun of Aggie fans and visit our two hotels there. Back in Dallas tomorrow evening, then flying back to Philly late-night....just in time to watch the Phils sweep the Brewcrew, and the Eagles lay some damage on the Skinnies Sunday.

Wished I culd have given my Dallas bretheren more notice....I am sure it would have been a blast to get abused by rabid Cowboy fans for a night. Then again, aren't most Cowboy fans here from everywhere but Texas? :wacko:

And to think, drinks were on the Swammi tonight....

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

So sitting in the lobby bar, enjoying the sites. My 2nd Bombay & tonic is going down just right. Long day today...flew in from Philly early this AM, then hopped on a plane to Fort Smith, AR. All I can say is WOW....just, well, WOW. Never thought I'd be happy to fly into Big D, but thank God I am back here.

Hanging for tonight, then a day trip to Lubbock tomorrow to make fun of Aggie fans and visit our two hotels there. Back in Dallas tomorrow evening, then flying back to Philly late-night....just in time to watch the Phils sweep the Brewcrew, and the Eagles lay some damage on the Skinnies Sunday.

Wished I culd have given my Dallas bretheren more notice....I am sure it would have been a blast to get abused by rabid Cowboy fans for a night. Then again, aren't most Cowboy fans here from everywhere but Texas? :wacko:

And to think, drinks were on the Swammi tonight....

Sounds like an interesting day and night...

And if you're going to Lubbock, you'll need to make fun of Red Raider fans. Texas Tech is in Lubbock.... Aggies are in College Station, about 2 hours southeast of Dallas. :D

Maybe I'll head up there next time. :D

Say, I'm at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Dallas. As we were driving from the airport today we glanced over at the Hyatt at the airport and said, "glad we're not staying at that Hyatt" for the simple fact that...who the hell wants to stay at an airport hotel? :D Too bad we are in different Hyatts...:wacko:

I didn't see this last night.

Tomorrow night my wife has a poker game so I'm babysitting.

Next time yer going to be in town let me know and we will figure out something.

You sir, if my memory serves me right, are one Huddler Iwho's company I would have enjoyed immensely....I beleive we share some of the same hobbies. :wacko:

Say, I'm at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Dallas. As we were driving from the airport today we glanced over at the Hyatt at the airport and said, "glad we're not staying at that Hyatt" for the simple fact that...who the hell wants to stay at an airport hotel? :D Too bad we are in different Hyatts...:wacko:

What are you doing for lunch tomorrow?

You sir, if my memory serves me right, are one Huddler Iwho's company I would have enjoyed immensely....I beleive we share some of the same hobbies. :wacko:

Probably. I'm everyone's all-american.

Doesn't sound like you get down too often? :D

I used to go to Philly a lot for work but haven't been up there in 4 years. Shoot me a PM the next time you know you are headed down and we will see what I can muster up.

I Pricelined a 4-star airport hotel, figuring I'd get either the Westin, Marriott or Hyatt....$69. Pathetic price for a very nice hotel, but with the economy the way it is, hotels are taking a beating.

And you are right, airport hotels are usually lousy, but for a guy who flew in at 7:00, and is flying out tomorrow AM at 8:45, this works perfect...I can walk to my gate. And though its a rarity, the food here is outstanding for a hotel.....had me some shrimp & scallops over angel hair in a white wine cream sauce.

Unreal we are both at Hyatts in Dallas though, and you are right, would have been cool to catch up on a fluke. I see from another thread you are heading to Denver...I'll be there the following week (10/14) :D

I Pricelined a 4-star airport hotel, figuring I'd get either the Westin, Marriott or Hyatt....$69. Pathetic price for a very nice hotel, but with the economy the way it is, hotels are taking a beating.

Don't you have hotel connections through work? :wacko:

What are you doing for lunch tomorrow?

Well, tomorrow is the first day of NanoTX here at the Hyatt downtown so I'll be here the next day and a half. :D You gonna be anywhere close?

Unreal we are both at Hyatts in Dallas though, and you are right, would have been cool to catch up on a fluke. I see from another thread you are heading to Denver...I'll be there the following week (10/14) :D

Yep, that woulda been cool. The week of 10/13-15 I'll be in Albuquerque. Maybe I should post my travel a little more often...:wacko:

Don't you have hotel connections through work? :wacko:

Not in Dallas...we sold the Westin here last year.

I only get so many corporate freebies/discounts thru the brands....and I save those for my personal needs and/or favors for friends. Work picks up the tab for my business travel, but i still try to save them as much as I can.

Be sure to check out the 5 Super Bowl championships while there. :wacko:

We drove by Texas Stadium. I hate that place. I went to a MNF game there (the one where Dallas scored with about a minute and a half left in the game and Philly marched right down the field to botch a 10 yard field goal snap!) and there is absolutely no air movement in that place whatsoever!

Zia, what part of Texas are you in?

We drove by Texas Stadium. I hate that place. I went to a MNF game there (the one where Dallas scored with about a minute and a half left in the game and Philly marched right down the field to botch a 10 yard field goal snap!) and there is absolutely no air movement in that place whatsoever!

I went to the game Sunday with a buddy. We had great seats (about 16 rows back) but we were directly in the sun the 1st half. It was like sitting in a trailer. No leg room...people sweating all over you...the place is a dump. I had not been to a game in a few years and I forgot the agony of it.

But next year will be much better.

Well, tomorrow is the first day of NanoTX here at the Hyatt downtown so I'll be here the next day and a half. :D You gonna be anywhere close?

Yep, that woulda been cool. The week of 10/13-15 I'll be in Albuquerque. Maybe I should post my travel a little more often...:wacko:

What time you leaving tomorrow we could grab some lunch if you aren't in a hugh rush. You are at the Hyatt on Reunion right?

What time you leaving tomorrow we could grab some lunch if you aren't in a hugh rush. You are at the Hyatt on Reunion right?

We are at the Hyatt on Reunion. Where will you be around lunchtime? I'm supposed to be at the Hyatt, but my colleague and I always seem to be at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine before our flights.

Gimme a call midmorning...480-406-9719. Maybe we can figure something out. If not, I'll give ya some heads up when I don't have to consider someone else's travel as well!