[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Childhood sitcoms you used to watch

Scooby

Friday night 12 steps to overcome denial  

40 members have voted

1. 1. pick your poison

• The Cosby Show
    • A Diff'rent World
    • The Jefferson's
    • Wonder Years--(comedy-drama)
    • Silver Spoons
    • Family Ties
    • Growing Pains
    • Mr. Belvedere
    • Other-please provide

Anyone remember San Pedro Beach Bums???

RR, how about My Favorite Martian

Oh, and RR....I wasn't sure they had TV back when you were a kid. Thought you just had a victrola and a wurlitzer radio

Too many to list, but MFM was another.

My folks bought their first TV the year I was born. 12", mahogany cabinet, w/ a record player and radio. Cost a fortune, from what my dad told me. My bro who never watched TV very much, gave me the nick name TV Tommy! :wacko:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite has to be Diff'rent Strokes. I need to find that on TV Land or something. I've run out of Seinfeld episodes.

Check BET. Seriously, I think I remember seeing it on there. Also, Nickelodeon has a spinoff channel that pretty much just airs their Nick at Nite shows, and it may have been on that channel as well.

Just about ALL of the above. :D

Yeah, I guess I have watched way too much TV in my day... and still do, though I am less into the sitcoms now(though do watch them on Nick at Nite, etc. at times)

When I was in grad school, I somehow ended up watching "Boy Meets World" regularly on Friday nights before I went out to the bars. :wacko:

Did that as well in late high school and college ... Topanga was hot.. got chunky, then lost a bunch of weight and looked kinda freaky, and I think she was recently picked up for DUI (last 9 months or so.. thank you TMZ). I do know that after the show she ended up cohosting some sports talk radio show, so I guess she can't be all that bad.

Too many to list, but MFM was another.

My folks bought their first TV the year I was born. 12", mahogany cabinet, w/ a record player and radio. Cost a fortune, from what my dad told me. My bro who never watched TV very much, gave me the nick name TV Tommy! :wacko:

i loved MFM too...and I remember when my grandparents got a microwave...the timer had those old flip numbers like alarm clocks used to have

Lost In Space was another but not really a sitcom

anyone remember a show called The Adventures of Gullivers Island or something like that?

I saw more Family Ties than I care to admit. It used to come on between Cheers and Hill Street Blues, right? Night Court and Cosby started that night off IIRC. Was too lazy to change the channel after Cheers, and I think I saw every HSB ever made - god I miss that show.

I saw more Family Ties than I care to admit. It used to come on between Cheers and Hill Street Blues, right? Night Court and Cosby started that night off IIRC. Was too lazy to change the channel after Cheers, and I think I saw every HSB ever made - god I miss that show.

I believe Family Ties and Night Court were in the opposite slots than you described and Cosby started it off. Night Court was considered risque for that time so it was aired outside "family hour".

Cosby

Family ties

Cheers

Night Court

Hill Street Blues.

:wacko:

Edited by Big John

I believe Family Ties and Night Court were in the opposite slots than you described and Cosby started it off. Night Court was considered risque for that time so it was aired outside "family hour".

Cosby

Family ties

Cheers

Night Court

Hill Street Blues.

:wacko:

So, in other words, pope is busted and has to actually admit to watching Family Ties by choice and not because he was too lazy to turn the channel.

So, in other words, pope is busted and has to actually admit to watching Family Ties by choice and not because he was too lazy to turn the channel.

No - pope was unable to turn the channel between Cosby and Cheers because pope's dad went to grade school with George Wendt so the channel never could be changed until that show was over. :wacko: