[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Coughlin

Randall

I know you're trying to whip Burress into form but the NFL isn't the army. Getting into a battle of will is going to end badly for you and Plax.

Work something out with him. It's the 2nd quarter, you had to kick the last series, put him in.

From what I heard he missed a neck treatment appointment. Come on.

I know you're trying to whip Burress into form but the NFL isn't the army. Getting into a battle of will is going to end badly for you and Plax.

Work something out with him. It's the 2nd quarter, you had to kick the last series, put him in.

From what I heard he missed a neck treatment appointment. Come on.

He's been missing and showing up late for meetings & practices all season long. Now, he's not showing up for his treatments. He is putting himself above the team and I applaud Coughlin for making it clear that it won't be tolerated.

When Buress is on the field he's a great weapon, what is Coughlin trying to prove?

Are you serious ???? So, because he is a great weapon on the field, he should not have to follow the same rules as the rest of the team. :wacko:

Are you serious ???? So, because he is a great weapon on the field, he should not have to follow the same rules as the rest of the team. :wacko:

Why not do what Cleveland did to Kellen Winslow then? Why pull him out for a few series? You're not proving anything Coughlin....

the coaches have a responsibility to their fan base to put the best possible team on the field....suspending players doesnt do that....if you want to deal with them then hit them in their wallet without the suspension...the suspension hurts everyone...a fine hurts the player and no one else

Edited by keggerz

Why not do what Cleveland did to Kellen Winslow then? Why pull him out for a few series? You're not proving anything Coughlin....

and winslow appealed or whatever and had the "suspension" repealed...yet he didnt play today but is getting paid for it now...yeah that sends a message to the player

Okay obviously I didn't know that....smartazz

wasnt being a smartazz...was just pointing out how winslow got suspended and the only one it really hurts is the team and fans...luckily the browns won or their fans would have a legitimate gripe, imo

the coaches have a responsibility to their fan base to put the best possible team on the field....suspending players doesnt do that....if you want to deal with them then hit them in their wallet without the suspension...the suspension hurts everyone...a fine hurts the player and no one else

Burress signed a five-year, $27.25 million contract in September. What are you going to do, fine him $50,000? Do you really think that "hurts" the player?

Additionally, I think you're being shortsighted saying that coaches have a responsibility to put the best possible team on the field. Coaches have a responsibility to win football games, not just this week, but every week for their tenure as HC. If a coach believes that not fielding a player for a series, a quarter, a game, or more is in the best interest of the team's continued success, not just this series, quarter, or game, but for the season (or perhaps even for the five year duration of a player's contract) then it is not unreasonable for them to do so.

He's been missing and showing up late for meetings & practices all season long. Now, he's not showing up for his treatments. He is putting himself above the team and I applaud Coughlin for making it clear that it won't be tolerated.

And not just this year. he has done it his whole career dating back to Pittsburgh as I am sure you are aware brother Menudo

Coughlin is a dbag.

A Dbag who showed the Giants to a superbowl last year.Burress caused Coughlin pain all offseason.imagine if they had not won it last year...all this stuff him and Shockey pulled ( not to mention Tiki Barbers stupid comments) would have probably gotten him fired.luckily that did not happen for Giant fans.

When Buress is on the field he's a great weapon, what is Coughlin trying to prove?

To prove that it is a team game and he will punish everyone equal. some people are team players and some are separaters.Burress is a separater with emotional problems.

Still get a kick thinking about Burress spiking that ball before running out of bounds and fumbling to the other team when he was on Pittsburgh. who were they playing in that game Menudo? was it not a playoff game?

And not just this year. he has done it his whole career dating back to Pittsburgh as I am sure you are aware brother Menudo

A Dbag who showed the Giants to a superbowl last year.Burress caused Coughlin pain all offseason.imagine if they had not won it last year...all this stuff him and Shockey pulled ( not to mention Tiki Barbers stupid comments) would have probably gotten him fired.luckily that did not happen for Giant fans.

To prove that it is a team game and he will punish everyone equal. some people are team players and some are separaters.Burress is a separater with emotional problems.

Still get a kick thinking about Burress spiking that ball before running out of bounds and fumbling to the other team when he was on Pittsburgh. who were they playing in that game Menudo? was it not a playoff game?

Well said Doc. I agree with all of your points.

Burress spike was against the Jags, but, it was not a playoff game.

Wrong. If Burress is allowed to break every rule he feels like breaking, and is allowed to get away with it... team discipline will start to break down, and football is a team sport. Discipline and playing your role in the game plan is of utmost importance. When one cog in the wheel doesn't hold up, the entire wheel becomes weak. Burress is also an ego guy, as are most selfish players of his ilk. Riding pine hurts him more than a fine will.

Coaches have a responsibility to the team and the owner. That comes before making FF players happy... and guess what... the Giants won. Coughlin did his job.

Coughlin absolutly did the right thing. At this point there are grumblings that even his offensive teammates have had enough of his BS. I would not be surprised if this is his last season with the G-Men despite getting his new deal. For those of you complaining , you are not Giant fans , you are only concerned that Plax scores for your FF team.

Coughlin absolutly did the right thing. At this point there are grumblings that even his offensive teammates have had enough of his BS. I would not be surprised if this is his last season with the G-Men despite getting his new deal. For those of you complaining , you are not Giant fans , you are only concerned that Plax scores for your FF team.

BINGO! We have a winner! :wacko:

Yep, agree 100%. With Hixon, Smith, Tyree, Toomer, the Giants can manage without him. Not to say he's not a very talented WR, but his bullsh*t and utter disrespect for the team and coaching staff makes him a headache. I wish Coughlin would have benched him the entire game.

Yep, agree 100%. With Hixon, Smith, Tyree, Toomer, the Giants can manage without him. Not to say he's not a very talented WR, but his bullsh*t and utter disrespect for the team and coaching staff makes him a headache. I wish Coughlin would have benched him the entire game.

dont forget the M&M's...Moss and Manningham. I wouldn't be surprised to see him dealt during the draft, Maualuga, Laurinaitas, or Cushing come on down.