[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Politics at Work

Big Country

normally politics and religion always taboo in the work place ...and if someone is spewing off on either there is a good chance they will end up getting in some sort of trouble with higher management ..unless they are higher management than there is not much to be done

I avoid it at all costs. I've sat next to the President of our company listening to him spout off about politics, and wanting desparately to call him out... but I like to continue to pay my mortgage more than I like correcting/educating ignorant but powerful people.

It amazes me how much my employees talk about it. It doesn't bother me, I just find it strange. While I might be outspoken about my politics here, I never mention it at work. Amazingly enought though, everyone in our office leans the same way, and since it is the way I lean, I just grin when they start talking about it and keep on walking.

ETA: Now that I think about it, I think we may have one closet ___________ supporter. She's a wierd girl, and the youngest in the office, so she probably just doesn't know any better. Hopefully the rest of the employee will set her straight. (I just realized in this case that last sentence could have a double meaning.)

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Damn. I mean, um, er, well - just damn.

My theologial views are extremely non-traditional. When I espoused disbelief of some common knowledge things of a main stream faith dude just locked up, statred shaking, said he could talk to me and left. The boss comes and and says "Son, you an atheist?" hahahaha

I have frequent exchanges with the other lawyers in my office, which usually makes for a fairly well-informed and erudite exchange. We've got bomb-throwing liberal Democrats and gun-toting small government Republicans (the real kind, not the Faux News kind). I'm somewhere in between, I suppose. But for whatever reason, we typically avoid politics around the non-attorney staff.

Edited by yo mama

We talk politics at work all the time. :wacko: We spend a lot of time together, so we value each others opinions.

Same in my boat. We are mostly the same with politics at the Presidential level but anything after that is normally a pretty good debate. I think in our workplace these talks have opened eyes for at least a few. I am always pretty set in my views but I listen to the other side plenty.

Religion is an entire different animal as we have all sorts and that can be pretty hard core in their beliefs. It does amaze me that we can function pretty well being as different as we are with some being so strong about what they believe vs the others that are closer to the debil.