[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB for next year

devildog0311

As far as teams, I'm certain my Broncos will be in the middle-rounds market.

Torain will enter next season with a rehab'ing ACL. Pittman is another year older and neither Hall or Young proved anything.

You guys can always re-sign Tatum Bell....oh wait.

Packers, Lions, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks all could draft Rbs...

Packers biggest contenders for a starting rookie rb.

:wacko:

I didnt say have a rookie start for them, these are teams that may draft a RB, and the packer do need RB help over anyone IMO to push Grant and for insurance or Commitee reasons.

Packers, Lions, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks all could draft Rbs...

Packers biggest contenders for a starting rookie rb.

I'd throw the Patriots into that mix as well.....BenJarvus has been a great story thus far, but not sure they will be willing to give him the starting job....I'd say Maroney's days are numbered and has mostly been a bust....

Well, Packers might be looking to upgrade Grant who hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year. Lions have a rookie already but Colts might look to get themselves insurance for an injury-prone Addai.

I didnt say have a rookie start for them, these are teams that may draft a RB, and the packer do need RB help over anyone IMO to push Grant and for insurance or Commitee reasons.

Maybe I took a different angle on the question... sure, every team in the NFL could very well take a RB in this summer's draft.

I took this to mean that these teams would spend higher draft picks on RBs, ignoring needs elsewhere.... and/or looking for rookies that could potentially start or play significant roles... like the OP queried.

I highly doubt Detroit selects a RB in an early round. I suspect Green Bay will draft a RB, but won't reach. The Colts have Mike Hart, and while he's not an every-down-back, I think the coaching staff thinks he's a capable back that, paired with a bruiser, could be effective. I don't see them reaching for a RB when their plan of attack in the draft has been pretty consistent each year.

Lots of RB talent in this draft. Will be interesting to see where they all line up.

Maybe the question should be refined? Like, what teams will likely take a RB in the first two rounds?

I'm guessing:

Chris Wells (OSU) gets taken in the first round. Perhaps by Cincy. Would make perfect sense.

Knowshon Moreno (UGA) will likely go in the first round as well. I've seen him going to a team like the Jets (who considered DMac and JStewart last summer). TJones is no spring chicken and this could be a nice 1-2 punch.

Other late first round (or likely second round) RBs would include James Davis (CLEM), Javon Ringer (MSU ... who's stock may rise actually), and maybe Ian Johnson (BSU).

Maybe the question should be refined? Like, what teams will likely take a RB in the first two rounds?

I know RB's will be going in the first two rounds, I was just wandering what teams people thought will be starting a rookie RB. Obviously I don't think LT will be put a side for a rookie, but a team like the Bengals I could see starting a rookie over anything they have in there stable

Add SD to the list. They almost traded a 2nd round pick for Michael Bush of the Raiders, but the deal fell through.

They have to prepare for LT and Sproles eventual departures.

i believe it was a 4th round pick...but don't quote me on that. i do agree they'll be drafting something at RB...just not sure how high.

Looking ahead to next year any thoughts of which teams may be starting a rookie RB.

I don't really follow college ball that much, so who are the RB's to watch?

I'm looking at your Username with much appreciation. :wacko:

I am(was) an 0341 back in the day. Ooo-rah, and Semper Fi! :D

Well, Packers might be looking to upgrade Grant who hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year. Lions have a rookie already but Colts might look to get themselves insurance for an injury-prone Addai.

That was what Mike Hart was for this year. There is that name again. Guess Hart hasnt proved very durable himself.

Wells certainly seems like the real deal... in college. Amazing combination of size and speed. With the Bengals looking at a top 5 pick, I wouldn't be mad at them if he found his way to Cincy. However, I'd prefer to see them continue to build the defense with another LB or DE. Detroit, Seattle, or Cleveland might have an eye on him too in the top 10.