[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Van Was Broken Into

Footballjoe

I went to Sears at the Mall this afternoon to pick up a tool I had ordered. I was inside for 15 minutes at the max. Just long enough to take a leak and inquire if my tool had came in. I was told it is at the Custormer Pickup Area around the side of the building. I came out, jumped into the van and just barely began to move when I looked off my right should and noticed the window to the side door had been broken out. Maybe I was looking to see if someone was coming or perhaps it was jus instinct, I don't know. This was my first day out in awhile except when I went to the doctor for flu like symptoms. I was told I had the blood pressure of a 16 yr old. Good thing because I was :wacko: My first thought was that I got wiped out. This is in the middle of the day, in an open area in view of other passing cars and people coming in and out of the store. They must have hit quick. Pulled up next to me, smashed the window and grapped the tool box and were gone. I was fortunate because I had some buckets right next to the tool box with all my soldering tools as well as other hand tools. The bastards did get my 25 yr old Craftman toolbox with my Craftman rachets and sockets, my brand new Craftman screw driver set, Craftsman nut drivers as well as numerous other hand tools. :D:D

Of course I called Mall Security and the City Police. I needed the report for the insurance. I was hoping that there were some cameras outside but no such luck. I was out in the cold for an hour, something I did not need after being sick. I will get the glass replaced at no cost but iI may not get anything for the tools since the Van is considered commercial . I have have no theft insurance. I may need to look into getting some. I will look into getting something to install inside the Van to protect the windows. On the bright side, Black Friday is coming and I should get some good deals on some tools.

The moral of this is don't take a leak when you go to the mall and be thankfull I did not catch them bastards because I would be in jail right now. :D

4 days after we were married, we were going into the city (we were still in college) to cash in a gift certificate the in-laws gave us for a sewing machine. Being that we just moved into our apartment the nite before, I was going to stop at the insurance agent to take out "renter's insurance", but they weren't open yet so I figgered I'd get it on the way back. We picked up the sewing machine and put it in the back seat cause the trunk still had stuff in it from the wedding and our move. We stopped at the Mall to get a few things. We were in there not 10 mins. and I just got this weird feeling. Grabbed the wife,went to the car and sure enough they must have used a slim jim, as the car door was ajar and the sewing machine was gone, paper work and all. :wacko:

We told the in-laws and they were nice enough to get us another sewing machine. (I truly loved and miss those sweet people)

Anyway, I know the feeling of not having insurance. Plus, you feel violated, not as bad as a house break in, but violated none the less.

I feel for you FBJ! Are you self employed? Is the van legally a comm'l vehicle?

I feel for you FBJ! Are you self employed? Is the van legally a comm'l vehicle?

I have a handyman business that is a side hustle for me. I do have the van listed as commercial so i could deduct the payments and insurance since I file taxes.

Although I am mad I do feel lucky. I could have gotten wiped out instaed of just one tool box. I was just up at K Mart getting my wife some medicine. While waiting I walked over to the tool dept since they sell Craftsman tools. I can get sockets and wrenches a little cheaper than I thought. However, it still will cost me when it should not have to though.

I have a handyman business that is a side hustle for me. I do have the van listed as commercial so i could deduct the payments and insurance since I file taxes.

Although I am mad I do feel lucky. I could have gotten wiped out instaed of just one tool box. I was just up at K Mart getting my wife some medicine. While waiting I walked over to the tool dept since they sell Craftsman tools. I can get sockets and wrenches a little cheaper than I thought. However, it still will cost me when it should not have to though.

Sorry to hear that there is no Insurance, but if I were you I'd still try.

Good luck replacing them!

BTW...do you need a real nice old Radial Arm Saw??? I gots one for cheap! :wacko:

Sorry to hear that there is no Insurance, but if I were you I'd still try.

Good luck replacing them!

BTW...do you need a real nice old Radial Arm Saw??? I gots one for cheap! :wacko:

Actually, I have one thats at least 52 yrs old and probably much older. It is a Dewalt that belonged to my Grandfather. It is made cast iron an still running. :D

Prolly too late, but you should have checked the nearest pawn shop. Stupid criminals do this sh*t all the time. They go to the nearest pawn shop to get cash for their heist. I have 2 pawn shops on my route and have seen it happen.

I thought once somethng is pawned they hold it for 30 days? I was going to chek some. What is the procedure to follow if i find them? Call the Police? Pay a reasonable price for the tools and be done with it? Tell the Pawn Shop they have my stolen tools? etc.