[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who else sat Witten?

eagles2010

I was seriously considering benching him in my TD only league. In fact I had Shiancoe in at one point then changed it back about a half hour before the game. If, however, I'd have had him in a performance league I'd have been more likely to not even think about it and start him. I'll take anything I can get for him and a short TD(only 6 points) is better than nothing at all.

its seattle ( in bottom 5 ) against the pass , its cowboys getting hot with Romo back now at home against a bad team on Thanksgiving and Natl televised game ...and Witten is a stud and or at least one of top 2 - 3 TE in league

He had to start today unless you already have Tony Gonzalez also

But we all have made mistakes like this i believe

Good luck and hopefully Mercedes Lewis goves you a good solid game

Honestly. I agree with the start your stud idea, but has Witten been studly lately? KPHolmes seems to believe that he knew this game was coming. I think he didnt but posted after the fact. So yeah hindsight is 20/20. Good call. :wacko: Anyways I think alot of players thought better of playing Witten. Romo was in last week and Bennett had the TD. Yet again Marcellus Bennett had another. So really unless Witten could prove he was back in shape, it wasnt a bad idea to bench him. Unfortunatelty me and others were bit. Glad to see it though. Witten was great for the early part of the season. I can only hope more games like this are on the way weeks 14-16.

I actually played him and Bennet this week hoping for low scores.. need a loss to get the playoff matchup I want. Instead, Witten racks up the yards and both guys get scores... LOL. My plan is going haywire.

I just hope him and TO, which I also have, dont pull a disappearing act in the playoffs week 14-15.

I benched him this morning and almost switched him back, but decided he has been very bad over the past month so I let him on the bench. Oh well, I have the #1 seed sewn up so I am just glad I can count for the playoffs in Week 15.

KPHolmes seems to believe that he knew this game was coming. I think he didnt but posted after the fact. So yeah hindsight is 20/20. Good call. :wacko:

:D What a detective.

All I said was never sit your studs, and Witten is a stud. That's it.

When he's healthy, he is always in my line up - regardless of previous play or match up.

His scores have been:

B

With low scores starting at Tony Romo's injury, and ending with Witten's rib shot and the game after.

After looking at these scores when the Dallas offense was healthy... and looking at the fact that the Dallas offense is once again healthy... I used my decision making skills to determine that it was only a matter of time before Witten returned to super stud form, or as you'd like to call it - hindsight.

Sorry KP holmes, only pointed that out because I didnt ask a who to start question. Thats a generic respone I've seen numerous times here at the Huddle. Had I asked who to start, that reply would be justified. So, no ill will here.

With Dallas in a not so perfect situation trailing in the division, and some good competetion in the NFC, I can only imagine the Cowboys are going to have to play well down the stretch throughout weeks 14-16 when we all need them the most. Having my Stud TE back in form would be great!!! If only Reggie Bush shows me a little something this week, I'll be feeling great in my PPR Dynasty league!!! :wacko:

Never Sit Your Studs. :wacko:

If Witten isn't a stud TE, I don't really know who is...

I sat LT in week 3 because he was kinda injured and lost my game because of it...so I never sat him since...and he hasn't done crap for me since costing me more games. Never say never for any player period.

This is a ridiculous statement ... he has broken ribs.

:wacko: Obviously absurd of me to assume he'd play well today.

He played last week, and reports all week said he participated fully and was feeling much better.

Was I expecting a monster game from him? No, of course not. Was I expecting him to return to his consistent self? Yes.

I sat LT in week 3 because he was kinda injured and lost my game because of it...so I never sat him since...and he hasn't done crap for me since costing me more games. Never say never for any player period.

Muto has spoken....

I sat Witten for Carlson, his results yesterday were a combined effort of several people benching him in their Fantasy Leagues....

true story...

I benched Witten in favor of Bo Sciafe. But that decision was partially based on strategy vs. my opponent. The game was in tournament style playoff format week 1. The other guy had Bo Scaife as his starting TE, and in looking at both our lineups I thought I already had a distinct advantage going in. i.e. He was starting Warner, I was starting Phil. D and Larry Fitzgerald. So the only potential advantage I saw for him was if I started Witten had he another stinker, and Scaife went off. So to neutralize that possibility I simply matched his points at that position.

However, if I had felt seriously threatened in this game, I would have definitely taken my shot with Witten and gone for the home run.

Anybody that says "never bench your studs" needs to reset thier minds. I have benched Witten a couple of times over the last month for Scaife and came out WAY ahead.

You just need to know when to pick your spots. Granted I wish now I would have started Witten but I still think it was the right decision in that particular situation. Everybody just has to figure out what they need to do in their particular situation.

And live with the consequenses. :wacko:

And of course, as has already been discussed the best way to get one of your players off their slump is to bench them. And I will need Witten to be Witten over the next 3 weeks, so from that point of view, I just happy as Athenae that he is back!!! :D

Edited by rattsass