[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for Saints Homers

FishFreak

I keep reading and hearing how Bush is coming back into a starting featured role when he returns. I just can't see this. He sucks as a every down RB but is ideally suited for screens and short swing passed out of the backfield like a 3rd down back. Please tell me Pierre Thomas is in line for most of the rushing duties and will continue to get 15-20 touches as he should in this offense. Or will the Saints overuse Bush again with his career 3.5 YPC average and make him the primary ball carrier? Say it ain't so! What's the word Homers? Also is Duece now officially out of the picture?

I keep reading and hearing how Bush is coming back into a starting featured role when he returns. I just can't see this. He sucks as a every down RB but is ideally suited for screens and short swing passed out of the backfield like a 3rd down back. Please tell me Pierre Thomas is in line for most of the rushing duties and will continue to get 15-20 touches as he should in this offense. Or will the Saints overuse Bush again with his career 3.5 YPC average and make him the primary ball carrier? Say it ain't so! What's the word Homers? Also is Duece now officially out of the picture?

Reggie Bush was the no.1 scoring back in all of my FF leagues before his injury. You can't look at only his ypc and say he sucks. Look at his total production and how many TD's he put up. Saying he sucks is asinine.

I don't know how the split of touches will go down but common sense says if Bush is back in the lineup, Thomas will lose some touches.

I've got both of them and in a must win to get into the playoffs. I'm undecided at this point but leaning towards Thomas, as he'll get some touches. I see Bush having his touches limited, and could bow out of the game at any point. At least that's what I think I think. :wacko:

Bush will get 60-70% of plays. Most will be pass plays. If the weather and/or score dictate otherwise you will see a lot of Thomas. Otherwise Thomas will be in on 40-50% of plays with about 10-12 carries.

all IMO of course.

I've got both of them and in a must win to get into the playoffs. I'm undecided at this point but leaning towards Thomas, as he'll get some touches. I see Bush having his touches limited, and could bow out of the game at any point. At least that's what I think I think. :wacko:

1st week in the playoffs for me and I have to pick between Hillis and Bush and I am running with Bush....the Saints are pretty much in a must win situation and playing a tough opponent...i think that to win this game Bush will have to be an important part of the game

Edited by keggerz

1st week in the playoffs for me and I have to pick between Hillis and Bush and I am running with Bush....the Saints are pretty much in a must win situation and playing a tough opponent...i think that to win this game Bush will have to be an important part of the game

I'm banking on Bush with less thinking than that.

Reggie Bush was the no.1 scoring back in all of my FF leagues before his injury. You can't look at only his ypc and say he sucks. Look at his total production and how many TD's he put up. Saying he sucks is asinine.

From a fantasy perspective, Reggie is a beast with all those garbage swing pass ponts he receives in PPR leagues....no doubt about it. From a NFL perspective he sucks as a featured runner and is pretty much a glorified 3rd down RB. Bush got his chance last year to show what he could do when Duece went down and he proceeded to get hurt (as expected). Heck Aaron Stecker performed much better than Bush in the featured role down the stretch. Now Pierre Thomas is looking better than Bush ever has as a featured runner. I can only hope the Saints keep it that way if they want some kind of balance at all in their offense. Give Thomas at least 15 carries a game and you wll:

1) Keep Bush fresh and eliminate wear and tear

2) Give the Saints O better balance

3) Make Brees even harder to defend

Of course the Bucs D could change all that today but I think that is the best formula for success for the Saints O.

From a fantasy perspective, Reggie is a beast with all those garbage swing pass ponts he receives in PPR leagues....no doubt about it. From a NFL perspective he sucks as a featured runner and is pretty much a glorified 3rd down RB. Bush got his chance last year to show what he could do when Duece went down and he proceeded to get hurt (as expected). Heck Aaron Stecker performed much better than Bush in the featured role down the stretch. Now Pierre Thomas is looking better than Bush ever has as a featured runner. I can only hope the Saints keep it that way if they want some kind of balance at all in their offense. Give Thomas at least 15 carries a game and you wll:

Of course the Bucs D could change all that today but I think that is the best formula for success for the Saints O.

you know I bet Coach Payton wouldn't agree with you....Bush is a game changer at the NFL level...is he a prototypical RB? No, he isn't but he is a weapon that makes the Saints a better team. To think otherwise is a bit crazy.

They just interviewed Payton on NFLN and he said they would be watching Reggie's snaps....some on Punt Returns and some on offense but he didnt say how much some was...and that is sorta a paraphrase

Reggie Bush reminds me of Barry Sanders. :wacko:

:D

you know I bet Coach Payton wouldn't agree with you....Bush is a game changer at the NFL level...is he a prototypical RB? No, he isn't but he is a weapon that makes the Saints a better team. To think otherwise is a bit crazy.

Bush is simply a game changer on punt returns and receiving the football. Let the bigger true running backs do the heavy lifting. Nothing up to this point in his NFL career and Reggie @ USC indicates he can successfully be a featured RB. Hopefully, the Saints don't make the mistake of taking Pierre Thomas out of the offense again.

He was no.1 in non ppr leagues as well. From an NFL perspective he's a game changer. It doesn't matter how he gets his yards... Be it rushing or receiving. Bush isn't a prototypical running back, but he is a game changer. Bush gets 95 yards a game, does it matter if 40 of them are from receiving? Nope. At least not in this offense. Yards are yards, and Bush is a TD machine. You sound like a bitter Pierre Thomas owner.

Bush is simply a game changer on punt returns and receiving the football. Let the bigger true running backs do the heavy lifting. Nothing up to this point in his NFL career and Reggie @ USC indicates he can successfully be a featured RB. Hopefully, the Saints don't make the mistake of taking Pierre Thomas out of the offense again.

I'd disagree. He's not your prototypical RB, but to say he can't be a featured RB is dead wrong. The guy was putting up fantastic numbers before he got hurt.

Thomas is going to take over what Duece was getting. I see them returning to the balance they had 2 years ago when both Deuce and Bush were healthy. Not saying Thomas shouldn't get touches, but Bush should be the clear cut starter and see the bulk of the snaps. I still see PT getting 10-12 touches a game.

Oh I'm definately a Peirre Thomas owner but make no mistake I've said the same thing about Bush for years now so the argument hasn't changed due to my compromised fantasy situation. The numbers speak for themselves, Bush is a a average RB at best. His YPC average backS that up. Tell me how does Stecker and Thomas when given the opportunity to be the featured back outperform Bush consistently yet they are back-ups? I call it how I see it, Bush a a glorified 3rd down RB...always will be.

As long as the Saints limit his touches and let a better suited RB handle most of the RB duties the Saints will be fine. Give Bush too many between the tackle carries and he'll break down like he has the last two years. I'd also like to point out that his two injuries have both occured when the Saints gave him more touches in a featured role.....mid season last year and the beginning of this year. He is simply at his best when a big RB is doing most of the heavy lifting like with Duece two years ago and with White @ USC. How can Bush fans STILL not see that????

Oh I'm definately a Peirre Thomas owner but make no mistake I've said the same thing about Bush for years now so the argument hasn't changed due to my compromised fantasy situation. The numbers speak for themselves, Bush is a a average RB at best. His YPC average backS that up. Tell me how does Stecker and Thomas when given the opportunity to be the featured back outperform Bush consistently yet they are back-ups? I call it how I see it, Bush a a glorified 3rd down RB...always will be.

As long as the Saints limit his touches and let a better suited RB handle most of the RB duties the Saints will be fine. Give Bush too many between the tackle carries and he'll break down like he has the last two years. I'd also like to point out that his two injuries have both occured when the Saints gave him more touches in a featured role.....mid season last year and the beginning of this year. He is simply at his best when a big RB is doing most of the heavy lifting like with Duece two years ago and with White @ USC. How can Bush fans STILL not see that????

probably dead on. :wacko:

fixed

I agree. Bush is way overhyped. Like Michael Vick was.

I'd also like to point out that his two injuries have both occured when the Saints gave him more touches in a featured role.....mid season last year and the beginning of this year. He is simply at his best when a big RB is doing most of the heavy lifting like with Duece two years ago and with White @ USC. How can Bush fans STILL not see that????

He was injured on a punt return this year. The injury wasn't because he wore down from too many carries. He just made a cut that his pcl couldn't take. I don't think anyone intends on him getting all of the touches. PT will still get his, just not the 15-20 a game that you want.

I agree. Bush is way overhyped. Like Michael Vick was.

over the past 3 years bush is averaging 85 offensive yards/game and .54/TDs/game

add in his punt returns and its 99 total yards/game and .66 TDs/game....if Bush was a QB like Vick was then

you might be on to something

over the past 3 years bush is averaging 85 offensive yards/game and .54/TDs/game

add in his punt returns and its 99 total yards/game and .66 TDs/game....if Bush was a QB like Vick was then

you might be on to something

Yeah, that's rushing AND receiving. He cannot be the featured back for most NFL Teams. He gets away with it in NO because of Brees is always passing.