[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would your wife/SO go?

Big Country

My wife enjoys going to the spa for massage, etc. with friends. She has two main groups of friends that she ususally goes with, so, probably 6-8 times a year she has a spa day with them.

I was thinking that for Christmas I would get her a "membership" at the spa she likes to go to, which entitles her to free access to the "common" areas like the saunas, hot tubs, relaxation areas, etc., and then she would get 20% off of services like massages, and also additional offers and discounts.

I have a feeling though that she wouldn't go by herself on a whim to use just the amenities, which is one of the main values of the membership I would think.

My thought was that I would get her the membership and then a "coupon book" for a spa day a month for the year.

Of course the financially minded side of me says that if she wouldn't go to use the amenities only, then it's just a way for me to pay more as I highly doubt that the cost of membership would be made up for with the 20% discount over the course of the year given her current frequency, but, if she would go and just use the amenities (like say to relax on a weeknight or something) in addition to the monthly spa treatment, then it would make up for itself.

So, would your wife/SO ever go to a spa on her own, even if she did not have a massage or other service scheduled as well?

I want this to be something that she will use, and I am doubting if she will. Just curious what the rest of you think.

ETA: I am going to talk to a friend of mine (our wives are very close) to see if he would be interested in getting the same thing for his wife, then it would be more likely to get use.

Edited by Big Country

As much as my wife loves a spa treatment I doubt she would do it on her own, I usually get her a certificate good for 2 and she always takes her friend. Her friends husband alternates with me so we usually each buy 2-3 per year.

My wife loves the spa day thing but she opts for just going to get a massage. I doubt she'd use a yearly thing much, especially if it's just for her. You should roll with your "ETA" and that'd increase the chances of her actually using it to get your money's worth. :wacko:

Definitely get her the membership, I'm sick of paying for your wife's entrance fee every time we go to get sweaty together :wacko:

Seriously some people like the spa as a group activity, some as a couple's activity, and some as alone time activity. Should be pretty easy for you to suss out which is your wife's situation. I only go with my wife (or yours), or with groups, I have never been interested in going alone.

I would not worry about the money aspect, it's a nice thoughtful gift, if she uses it good, if she doesn't you still get points for a considerate thoughtful gift