[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks LT..

dolphz

And finally, my 16 team keeper league has become competitive once again. We keep 2 offensive players every year and the guy who has had LT for all these years had been dominant. All good things come to an end.

Really though, it goes to show what I player like Emmitt Smith really accomplished. Any RB can go out there and perform for 5-6 years, but man, to keep on trucking in this day and age when a rb breaks down so easily.............................

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, this point in the season who cares where you drafted people? You need your points to be higher than your opponents points. You had time to made necessary adjustments. 25 touches for 90 yards and a TD is pretty good in my book. I would take that from my RB1 every week.

ETA: And in my book, LT lost his RB1/Stud status weeks ago.

Exactly. Leagues are usually won by what you do after the 10th round and in free agency during the season.

Honestly, this point in the season who cares where you drafted people? You need your points to be higher than your opponents points. You had time to made necessary adjustments. 25 touches for 90 yards and a TD is pretty good in my book. I would take that from my RB1 every week.

Have to agree here.

If you're in the middle of your playoff run and are still leaning on LT like a #1 pick, then you have failed to make some crucial mid-season adjustments.

It's a good way to look at it, for sure. FWIW, I do not have LT on any of my playoff teams. I also agree that he lost his RB1 status this season.

However, there are those who needed more than 15 points from him, given that he was, in fact, a #1 or #2 overall pick and that his playoff run included the Raider and the Chiefs in weeks 14 and 15. Hopefully, as mentioned by kpholmes, those teams are protected by having a #1 back on their roster.

rumors here in SD are that LT is contemplating requesting a trade at the end of the season. Not sure where he would fit, but I'm sure he will be dealt out of the AFC West. I couldn't imagine AJ Smith dealing him to Denver, where he would be a great fit. Arizona is where I hope he would land if he is indeed traded. I doubt it though. Still, the rumor mill is churning.

I like Sproles but I think LT would have gotten many more carries.

many more carries?

he had 25 carries....not sure ho many more you think he would have/should have had?

With those 25 carries, he totaled 91 yards...a whopping 3.6 per carry against the pathetic Raider defense. Even if he had 10 more carries for a monster 35-touch game, we're talking about another 35 yards to his total.

He's no better than an RB2, at best.....and benchable at worst (like next week vs. a fired-up Tampa team in must-win mode)

rumors here in SD are that LT is contemplating requesting a trade at the end of the season. Not sure where he would fit, but I'm sure he will be dealt out of the AFC West. I couldn't imagine AJ Smith dealing him to Denver, where he would be a great fit. Arizona is where I hope he would land if he is indeed traded. I doubt it though. Still, the rumor mill is churning.

New England would be ironic.

On local radio yesterday they discussed this very thing. I just hope Jerry realizes LT is not the LT of 2 yrs ago and stays the hell away this time. Roy for a 1 and 3 were one thing. He is young and very talented. LT is neither anymore.

LT's biggest gain of the night (20+ yds down the sideline in the 4th quarter) was wiped out by a holding call by Gates. That would've at least put him over 100+ yards.

As an LT owner, I was hoping for much more production, especially after a pretty good start. As a Chargers fan though, it was at least good to see the team put a pretty good game together for a change. I also have to admit that Sproles definitely has more burst and elusiveness than LT at this stage of his career, although Sproles is just not big enough to be an every down type of back.

many more carries?

he had 25 carries....not sure ho many more you think he would have/should have had?

With those 25 carries, he totaled 91 yards...a whopping 3.6 per carry against the pathetic Raider defense. Even if he had 10 more carries for a monster 35-touch game, we're talking about another 35 yards to his total.

He's no better than an RB2, at best.....and benchable at worst (like next week vs. a fired-up Tampa team in must-win mode)

Next week SDC is @ KCC which is another tempting matchup before the WK16 benchable game vs TBB

How come Tiki Barber never had this sort of dramatic drop off in talent...

He didn't have Norv Turner as a head coach.

Come on LT say it. "If Marty was still here I'd dominate teams." You know you want to, Say it man. Say it! :wacko:

Edited by Randall

LT's biggest gain of the night (20+ yds down the sideline in the 4th quarter) was wiped out by a holding call by Gates. That would've at least put him over 100+ yards.

:wacko:

Did you see the game? The only reason he gained 20 yards was BECAUSE of the hold. Had Gates not held, LT is tackled for no-gain.

Time for the excuse-making to stop...its getting to sound very desperate.

:wacko:

Did you see the game? The only reason he gained 20 yards was BECAUSE of the hold. Had Gates not held, LT is tackled for no-gain.

Time for the excuse-making to stop...its getting to sound very desperate.

Wasn't meant to be an excuse, merely an observation. If you read my entire post, I indicated that Sproles is showing more burst than LT.

Wasn't meant to be an excuse, merely an observation. If you read my entire post, I indicated that Sproles is showing more burst than LT.

Got it...I thought you were intimating that he should have been over 100 yards...that 20-yard run was a mirage.

And I agree, Sproles definitely has more jump in his step...but one has to wonder what role he could play other than his current one, no matter who is the main ball-carrier.

How come Tiki Barber never had this sort of dramatic drop off in talent...

Tiki Barber careeer 2217 carries for 10,449 yards

LT career 2607 carries for 11535 yards

I've finally come to the realization that LT probably doesn't have any monster games left in him...

Oh man, I am so going for Tomlinson in, like, every league next year (when his busted toe is healed). I can't wait for everyone to draft MJD and DeAngelo Williams ahead of him. :wacko:

PEace

policy

Oh man, I am so going for Tomlinson in, like, every league next year (if they fire Norv Turner). I can't wait for everyone to draft MJD and DeAngelo Williams ahead of him. :wacko:

PEace

policy

fixed

rumors here in SD are that LT is contemplating requesting a trade at the end of the season.

New England would be ironic.

Isn't that where every Charger goes after he's done in San Diego??? :wacko: