[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

illinois politics cont'd

dmarc117

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and non-citizens!! :wacko:

i would think daley would be next, but he is too powerful.

Daley is like the freakin Teflon Don.

Would be nice to have at least one Gov who isn't taken away in irons. I wonder if Rod and Ryan can share a cell? :D

Of course we could just elect a crooked libertarian, then we would have the trifecta. :D

I think we all saw this coming, but not for recent stuff as they are claiming like trying to sell the senate seat. :D

Daley deals in power, like his old man. I truly don't believe he deals in $$$$. He's smarter than that.

Bye, Bye Blogo! :wacko:

I think we all saw this coming, but not for recent stuff as they are claiming like trying to sell the senate seat. :D

Daley deals in power, like his old man. I truly don't believe he deals in $$$$. He's smarter than that.

i just mentioned this morning how much the feds were all over this guy. daley will never get nailed. he doesnt let anything get all the way to him. its always someone else taking the fall. he is a pro.

The U.S. District Court complaint, which is excerpted below, alleges that Blagojevich was caught on FBI wiretaps noting that the Senate seat "is a f***king valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing." He was also recorded saying that unless "I get something real good," he would appoint himself to the vacancy. "I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I'm saying. And if I don't get what I want and I'm not satisfied with it, then I'll just take the Senate seat myself."
Edited by dmarc117

Some of the details or this are absurd. I'm glad he got caught.

Dick Durban's calling for a special election.

Edited by Randall

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

(UPDATE #2: Axelrod this evening issued a statement saying. "I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject.")

:wacko:

Sources Say Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is 'Senate Candidate #5'

Chicago Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL) is the anonymous "Senate Candidate #5" whose emissaries Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich reportedly claimed offered up to a million dollars to name him to the U.S. Senate, federal law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

Edited by dmarc117

Sources Say Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is 'Senate Candidate #5'

Chicago Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL) is the anonymous "Senate Candidate #5" whose emissaries Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich reportedly claimed offered up to a million dollars to name him to the U.S. Senate, federal law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

so why would someone be willing to pay money to be elected? :wacko: Is it because they are THAT passionate about doing good deeds and looking after the best interests of the people they are representing? (BTW, this goes for any party affiliation) ...or....hmmmmm...

ETA: We are all suckers if we think it is just our rep. that is not corrupt in some form or fashion...

Edited by millerx

To bad obama never knew the man. :wacko:

Obama Advised Blagojevich On His Victorious Gubernatorial Run. “That year, [Obama] gained his first high-level experience in a statewide campaign when he advised the victorious gubernatorial candidate Rod Blagojevich, another politician with a funny name and a message of reform.” (Ryan Lizza, “Making It,” The New Yorker, 7/21/08)

Obama: “If the governor asks me to work on his behalf, I’ll be happy to do it.” (John Patterson, “Senator Says He’s Still Willing To Help Blagojevich Despite Hiring Concerns,” Chicago Daily Herald, 7/27/06)

Obama Endorsed Blagojevich For A Second Term. “Obama, who endorsed Blagojevich for a second term nearly 18 months ago, said he’s ready to help Illinois democrats in the upcoming elections.” (John Patterson, “Senator Says He’s Still Willing To Help Blagojevich Despite Hiring Concerns,” Chicago Daily Herald, 7/27/06)

Obama: “We’ve got a governor in Rod Blagojevich who has delivered consistently on behalf of the people of Illinois.” (Deanna Bellandi, “Illinois Democrats Talk Unity But Don’t Show It,” The Associated Press, 8/16/06)